Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Z. Camera PM Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Nov 1, 2018 :
    OnePlus 6T supports stereo sound recording. I think the video quality won’t let you down.:cool:

hoenes, uCristian, Salt505 and 5 others like this.
  2. AROCKS1 Donut Nov 1, 2018

AROCKS1, Nov 1, 2018 :

Manu J.

Always on Display is a great feature to have on a smartphone. However, we are still considering the functional value vs power consumption of this feature before we implement it.​

@Manu J. why not add it as an option? I will be holding off on my purchase until I hear more about this in the pipeline.

3. Jimmy Z. Camera PM Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Nov 1, 2018 :
    We hear you, and for your question, this answer is: yes definitely.

hoenes, Salt505, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Manu J. Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Manu J., Nov 1, 2018 :
    We are bringing an EQ feature to Bullets Wireless through a software update. The EQ will be compatible with all OnePlus phones that run Android 9.

5. O1541086637627 Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

6. vortex_akhaj Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

vortex_akhaj, Nov 1, 2018 :
    cool, one more thing to get excited about

7. I1538626154462 Donut Nov 1, 2018

I1538626154462, Nov 1, 2018 :
    How will i know if i plugin the charger and the battery is full? I mean there is no LED light for full charge showing. So how will i get notify when my oneplus 6t gets full charge?

8. czooosnek Froyo Nov 1, 2018

9. izqrdo Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

izqrdo, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Hi @Manu J. So since the US launch partner is T-Mobile I imagine OxygenOS was tweaked to perform well on that Network. It's been said the same for Verizon compatibility. However, given that the phone will be sold unlocked and has compatibility with other carrier's bands such as AT&T's, will the 6T and this iteration of OxygenOS work with AT&T's VoLTE and WiFi Calling features?

10. Jimmy Z. Camera PM Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Nov 1, 2018 :
    No, Nightscape will only work on OnePlus 6/6T due to hardware difference.

11. Jimmy Z. Camera PM Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Nov 1, 2018 :
    We are always focusing on how technology improves user experience. The AI algorithm is a new technology we have been investing great effort in to improve our scene detection and face detection technology etc.

12. IMaLILtPOT Donut Nov 1, 2018

IMaLILtPOT, Nov 1, 2018 :
    I have been watching OnePlus with envy for years. As an iPhone user for those years (I know!!), is there any advise you would give me since I just purchased the OnePlus 6t!!!! :)

@Carl
    @Manu J.
    @Louis S.

13. elanglois Lollipop Nov 1, 2018

elanglois, Nov 1, 2018 :
    so if you aren't in portrait mode then the second camera is pretty much useless? I do better portraits on my 3T with a single camera using Google software.

Dresa91 likes this.
  14. manojmj Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

manojmj, Nov 1, 2018 :
    I have been with you from OnePlus One Cyanogen Os to OnePlus 6T oxygen oS. I have been purchasing all the devices from the start including OnePlus X too. Do we get any kind of priority or anything like extra goodies, as we have been traveling with your from the start? Even I request you to start a trade-in India too. As I have been upgrading the mobile for every 6-8 months, I see that I'm not getting any benefits for an upgrade of the next-gen OnePlus device @Carl Can you sort something for Indian fans?

15. Yash dodderi 7 Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Yash dodderi 7, Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Jimmy Z. I would like to ask u that in an future update will we see an option to toggle on/off the potrait lighting and will we ever get a option like the iPhone xs to get potrait lighting with a Black background and adjustable background blur? anyways thanks for making OnePlus 6 a competent device cheers

16. Kostas14 Donut Nov 1, 2018

Kostas14, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Is there a chance to improve the fingerprint algorithm more with future update and decrease the unlock time below 0.34 sec?

17. Manu J. Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Manu J., Nov 1, 2018 :
    We consider environmental and ambient light factors when unlocking the phone. This is something we're working on.

18. rahib Donut Nov 1, 2018

rahib, Nov 1, 2018 :
    But it's showing out of stock in OnePlus India website. Will it be available in OnePlus Experience stores?

19. Jimmy Z. Camera PM Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Jimmy Z., Nov 1, 2018 :
    We will take this into consideration. Thanks for your suggestion!

Jcatzin, hoenes, uCristian and 8 others like this.
  20. doptas Eclair Nov 1, 2018

doptas, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Is there an official app from OnePlus to do data transfer from iOS to OP 6T, the first time? - yes or no, please..