Share your questions in the OnePlus 7 Series AMA!

1. G1522950775899
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

2. Prof_0007
    Eclair May 15, 2019

3. meatandy
    Oreo May 15, 2019

meatandy , May 15, 2019 :
    That's roughly .50 cents per day over two years.
    Could you skip the Starbucks once a week ?:p

4. Prof_0007
    Eclair May 15, 2019

Prof_0007 , May 15, 2019 :
    GG5

5. meatandy
    Oreo May 15, 2019

Emily S. and David Y. like this.
  6. Pastachina
    Eclair May 15, 2019

Pastachina , May 15, 2019 :
    Is the trade in program planned this year? I bought the OP6T three months ago because I absolutely wanted the Thunder Purple version, but the OnePlus 7 has stereo speakers...

7. Eslavath_Roshan
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

8. Sharan.Ulle
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

Sharan.Ulle , May 15, 2019 :
    (India) Will there be any opportunity to upgrade Oneplus 6T to 7? Without huge amount to pay. I just bought 6T like 2-3weeks ago. I wasn't aware of OP 7 being as same price as 6T. How are my chances?

Thanks.

9. Mein EInkauf GmbH
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

10. H1557913419910
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

H1557913419910 , May 15, 2019 :
    can I get my oneplus6t exchanged for oneplus7 pro..... my oneplus6t has been used for only a month and is in brand new condition. will I get certain discount on exchanging??

11. Ak.abhi03
    Donut May 15, 2019

Ak.abhi03 , May 15, 2019 :
    @Manu J. @Jimmy Z.
    I have watched many OP 7 pro review videos in youtube and speed test video of Gary G. My questions are:
    1. Why does 3x optical zoom look like 3x digital zoom? other phone like pixel, s10 etc. have much better details in 3x zoom when compared to OP7 pro.
    2. Why we can't record video from portrait and wide angle lens?
    3. Why OP 7 pro photos have lesser details in spite of having 48 MP main camera and sony 586 sensor?
    4. OP7 pro has ufs 3.0 storage but in sqlite test, it lagged behind s10+ which has ufs 2.1 storage. Why is it so? Ufs 3.0 is supposed to be 70% faster than ufs 2.1

12. quickstang
    Froyo May 15, 2019

quickstang , May 15, 2019 :
    Break my coffee habit? Heck no. Actually T-mobile pays for my coffee right now, & the only time I do Starbucks is happy hour.

But to your response, the answer is plain and simple. I don't want to spend the extra. Can I? Yes. Am I going to? No.

You can apply your 50 cent logic, but it's not really a valid argument. The underlying issue is they didn't release a decent budget friendly phone when they easily could have. Many people are looking for that what was once the Google Nexus Era of good hardware, pure Android, all at a great price. And by not doing so, they've now lost market share to other companies.

Now if we were to apply the "only 50 cents per day" logic.

$365 saved in 2yrs is only a few hundred shy of a replacement phone that's 2yrs old. $365 saved is half the price of a plain ticket in 2yrs when I'm planning a 10yr anniversary trip. $365 is kids enrolled in summer activities. The list goes on. What it isn't, is the next model up OP7 Pro.

Had you said... 50 cents extra per day would pay for your kids college? That's a no brainer. 50 cents extra on your home loan gets you a finished 5th bedroom. No brainer.

Not everyone wants to spend the extra on a phone, even if they do have it. And that's what made OP stand out. Affordable phones. Exactly why I bought the 6T for myself. One of my favorite phones.

I thought, the 7 would be perfect for the wife. I was even telling her while watching the live event, that I was learning about her next phone & waiting to find out the release date & price. Then to my extreme disappointment, found out it wasn't being released. I specifically held off on a phone purchase waiting on the event.

I WAS a customer ready to purchase a phone, but will now be looking elsewhere due to poor business decisions. Regardless if it's only 10% better than the 6T, it makes a good replacement for the wife's S8.

Sujknair likes this.
  13. meatandy
    Oreo May 15, 2019

Well Oneplus had a decision to make and you already made yours , poor or not it is their prerogative to set that price.

Guess you need to mosey down to Home Depot and take that disappointment out on some hammer and nails.
    :p

14. quickstang
    Froyo May 15, 2019

It's not about setting a price. I don't think you're understanding the discussion at hand. No one said anything about price except you & your poor 50 cent logic. The discussion is over not releasing the OP7 in North America & hopefully getting an answer why. Like I said. It has to be a good enough decision to lose market share over. What changed from releasing the 6T, but deciding against the 7? If you're willing to make that rash business decision, you have a damn good reason why. It's not like they're a company that hasn't released phones in North America.

I don't like Home Depot, but thanks. There's no anger, because I have choices. There's disappointment however because I amongst others would have gladly bought the OP7. We aren't forced to buy the Pro. We're forced to take our business elsewhere. Some articles make it seem like people are forced to get the Pro if you're in North America. No one is forced to do anything since they aren't the only phone manufacturer.

Sujknair likes this.
  15. E1534342687235
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

16. meatandy
    Oreo May 15, 2019

I wouldn't mind the regular 7 myself but I'm still on the 6 which is still working just fine.

I never said anything about anger.o_O

17. quickstang
    Froyo May 15, 2019

meatandy

I wouldn't mind the regular 7 myself but I'm still on the 6 which is still working just fine.

I never said anything about anger.​

I'm on the 6T & same here. Tempted, but know I shouldn't. Wife would kill me. However, it's time to replace her S8, & all my disappointment was, was not being able to replace it with the 7 which I had truly planned. So now back to the drawing board. The updated S855 & camera, plus no bloat like Samsung was more than enough to buy the 7. She likes the 6T,but doesn't want it. Yeah, I was trying to pass it off, to get me a new one, but that didn't work. Lol. It's her turn.

I guess disappointment is better than anger [e]1f601[/e]

meatandy likes this.
  18. mridul.kathuria
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

mridul.kathuria , May 15, 2019 :
    When can we expect Oxygen OS updates which are being rolled out on OnePlus 7 series on the other OnePlus devices?
    (The Zen mode, screen recorder etc features)

19. @adarsh
    Gingerbread May 15, 2019

@adarsh , May 15, 2019 :
    Why the usb cable being provided with 7pro only supports usb 2.0 when phone supports usb 3.1?

20. Divelas
    Donut May 15, 2019

Divelas , May 15, 2019 :
    @Vito L. Will the USB 3.1 port of the OP7 allow to output the screen of the phone on a monitor or a TV ? If so :
    • will their be a desktop mode in order to use the OP7 as a computer ?
    • which cable we'll have to use in order to do this ?
    Thank you very much for your feedback !

meatandy likes this.