Share your questions in the OnePlus 7 Series AMA!

1. SeegPlus
    Froyo May 15, 2019

SeegPlus , May 15, 2019 :
    upload_2019-5-15_13-41-36.png

David Y. likes this.
  2. G_marius_leancu_RZUT
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

G_marius_leancu_RZUT , May 15, 2019 :
    Hello i m from Romania and i tryed to buy op 7 pro since was started the sell but is not working,, that code before you click purchase now it never works, anybody know why? Tks

3. AJ727
    Eclair May 15, 2019

AJ727 , May 15, 2019 :
    @Jimmy Z.
    Can you please talk about your plans as far as releasing firmware updates to your camera system
    (DxO has been apparently using an unreleased firmware version for their test)?
    As the hardware is there, it's all in your hands now to make the camera system betterer :)
    Outside of the overall improvements, any specific features you guys are working on?

Eslavath_Roshan likes this.
  4. G_SUJITH_KARUNAGURAN
    Gingerbread May 15, 2019

G_SUJITH_KARUNAGURAN , May 15, 2019 :
    Hi all,

I would like to ask @manuj can ther be a change in the UI implemented in the Phone app just like how the Gallery UI has been changed.

I would also like to congratulate toe OnePlus team for the changes in the Gallery Appy . It's really stunning now .

5. Rarinrob
    Froyo May 15, 2019

Rarinrob , May 15, 2019 :
    So... the 7 Pro is on sale in the UK, but the base (6GB) version is available in only Mirror Gray, not Nebula Blue, which is disappointing. Any news on that, OnePlus? Really want to stick with you as a former OnePlus One and 5 owner, but I don't really want to have to fork out an extra £50 just so I can get it in my preferred colour. Thanks, Rob.

Edit: Incidentally, I see it's the same situation in the US store (haven't checked any other countries).

6. mysliwiec_tech
    Eclair May 15, 2019

mysliwiec_tech , May 15, 2019 :
    Will 7 Pro support the USB to HDMI screen casting? In particular I'm thinking of using the Desktop Mode on Android Q when it becomes available. From what I know, to have USB to HDMI we need at least USB 3.0, which seems to be the fulfilled requirement. Was that something that has been taken into account? Don't want to throw money into something that is not going to support this important feature to me.

Divelas likes this.
  7. Shreyas_Chikodikar
    Gingerbread May 15, 2019

Shreyas_Chikodikar , May 15, 2019 :
    Are the edge notification colors customizable?
    Also, looked through the oneplus store. Couldn't find tempered glass for 7pro. Any updates on that @Bob X.

Last edited: May 15, 2019

8. Neoxon360
    Eclair May 15, 2019

Neoxon360 , May 15, 2019 :
    Will the horizon light be customizable? Like showing different color for different app just like how the OPO was. @Manu J.

9. Divelas
    Donut May 15, 2019

Divelas , May 15, 2019 :
    Also eagerly waiting for @Vito L. feedback about cable screen casting and desktop mode in order to know if replace my OP6 for a OP7. It would make the difference as it would allow the OP7 to be used as a computer.

10. JasCola
    Eclair May 15, 2019

Divelas likes this.
  11. Salil_Parmar
    Donut May 15, 2019

12. Wyonat Musket
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

Wyonat Musket , May 15, 2019 :
    Hello OnePlus team! I own a OnePlus 6T, and would like to know if some of the software features from the OnePlus 7/7 pro will be carried over to older phones. Can you confirm if it will happen?

Kleb32 likes this.
  13. mysliwiec_tech
    Eclair May 15, 2019

mysliwiec_tech , May 15, 2019 :
    Yes, I think it should be supported as OnePlus were oficially being mentioned as the partner in the upgrade to Android Q, but having the word from OnePlus will be a nice thing. For me being being this kind of partner means "we will support all the Android Q features" - so including the Desktop Mode (really hoping for that)

Divelas likes this.
  14. Filipe_C_E
    Gingerbread May 15, 2019

Filipe_C_E , May 15, 2019 :
    I would like to know what the difference between OP7 and OP7 pro(specs wise)???
    ex: vibration motor, notification light, camera etc..
    @Vito L.

15. Jacek Jura
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

Jacek Jura , May 15, 2019 :
    OnePlus 7 Pro is a great product! Perfect in any aspect. Is there a chance that you will build an identical phone, with the same specs, only smaller. Maximum 145-150mm of heigth? And maybe 18:9 ratio? Maybe OnePlus 7s?
    @Vito L.

16. Brownz
    Honeycomb May 15, 2019

Brownz , May 15, 2019 :
    Will there still be an T version later in the year or are you going to stick now to the once a year launch?

17. F_Kamal_Brar_hbmp
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

Divelas likes this.
  18. Afzal Khan
    KitKat May 15, 2019

Afzal Khan , May 15, 2019 :
    Thanks for the info..but i didn't certainly mean this but what future updates will bring to the table.

19. Vinay2002
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

20. EABowden
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2019

EABowden , May 15, 2019 :
    Hi @David
    Hi @Vito L., @Emily S.

I think a lot of people are pretty disappointed there is no incentive to buy the new device for those who paid to attend the launch.

Given that last year you gave free bullets wireless, with a notional value of £79, to everyone that bought the OP6 on launch day, I was expecting some similar offer to all your fans yesterday. But nothing, apart from some vague promise from the EE guy to upgrade tariffs to the 5G version!

It's not too late to save the day!

How about you offer anyone that went to a launch event the chance to buy the 7Pro for the same price as the 7? It would cost the company very little but you'd get so much great publicity!

All the best
    Ed

Last edited: May 16, 2019

obakesan likes this.