Shipping the Storm of Invites

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katie55
    Froyo Jul 7, 2014

2. jrosser
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2014

jrosser , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Cool, thanks and congrats again. That makes sense that you won it.

3. MNX1024

MNX1024 , Jul 7, 2014 :
    @David S. Have a question concerning your current batches. Is it enough for those who have been given early supporter invite starting today(07/07/2014)? Using an example where someone who has placed an order right when they get their invite on the 7th, when will there phone be shipped?

4. Kimloan
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2014

5. JKclen
    Eclair Jul 7, 2014

6. grav3h3art
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2014

grav3h3art , Jul 7, 2014 :
    Just seeing peeps who joined way after me winning invites just makes me feel more disappointed. By the time I get my "Invite" I would have already owned the Meizu MX4. ;(

TommiPio likes this.
  7. aryamn

aryamn , Jul 7, 2014 :
    I still don't understand... what's making them (OP) to stop to gear up their production to next level. The production is still running far behind time... As if this is how they cope up with scarcity in production.. they will finish delivering 2 Lacks pieces in the end of 2016....
    2500 invites in July... isn't a joke... they (OP) supposed to deliver more than a Lacks till July end...

8. jjpc
    Froyo Jul 7, 2014

9. Markbass
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2014

Markbass , Jul 7, 2014 :
    You have invitation ?

10. Nise
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2014

Nise , Jul 7, 2014 :
    thanks for the update and hard work of the oneplus team @David S.

Invite system needs to step-up and be counted. Oneplus knows this with other high spec products due for release in 6-8months. I'll wait but there's a real issue of an indefinite wait duration with no invite pending?
    Sure I'll wait but it looks bad for one plus if they can't deliver the oneplusone it opens them up to criticism from the competition after its high profile boasting even if it's an unbeatable spec&price combination on paper. If they can't deliver then its an issue.
    I'm not being critical,nor do I give credence to conspiracy or "I'm leaving..", "they've lied"theories. Its a startup and they've made mistakes and have understandably been vague with production/invite information for competitive reasons. Am I a fanboy?(bit old for that) but they do have my support.I know they're working on it and wish them every success over the next few months to send out invites and deliver the phones so members can spread the word positively rather than currently "generally available"negative views being expressed on the forum:)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

11. peppemirone
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

12. rnocon
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

rnocon , Jul 8, 2014 :
    Although transparency is good business practice, UNDER-PROMISING AND OVER DELIVERING will win you loyal customers for years on end!!! Similar to an Amazon.com model on receiving package deliveries...

13. larry.c.yerkes
    Eclair Jul 8, 2014

14. marcochow
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

marcochow , Jul 8, 2014 :
    I'm really glad they're breaking down exactly where the delays are coming from. Shows a responsible company, I don't mind the wait :)

15. anthony12400
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

16. raphazzz
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

raphazzz , Jul 8, 2014 :
    So am I still waiting
    For this world to stop hating
    Can't find a good reason
    Can't find hope to believe in

17. LDiogo
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2014

LDiogo , Jul 8, 2014 :
    "To me, this is the perfect example of why we must use the invite system right now. The invite system helps us test our production line, shipping channels, and warehousing in order to find and troubleshoot problems exactly like this. We are very close to working out all the bugs, and once we do, a lot more devices will come."

I hope that all these delays serve to create a department of quality control and public relations department, you are a new company so should not promise more than what you could do if you wanted to be a local business should not attempt to enter the world business...just saying

18. Ag1989
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2014

Ag1989 , Jul 8, 2014 :
    I hope you get your phone soon, If you have more than one invite to give away, could you send my one? I want to buy the 64gb version.

19. shinyatanaka
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2014

Joeychanchan likes this.
  20. donchik32
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

donchik32 , Jul 8, 2014 :
    Man relax, it is Saturday and Sundays which are not working days in most of the countries. So during two weeks (in 20 day delays he mentioned) there are 4 days where most of the companies regarding cargo and shipping will not work. So there is your 4 days!