Short people - how does it feel in your hand?

1. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

ShermCraig , Jul 3, 2014 :
    So, I think this is a worthwhile discussion to have. Myself, I'm 5'7" and my hands aren't large - probably about average for a short guy. :rolleyes:

My biggest fear in getting a phone of this size is, well, it's size! Up until now, my largest device is my current device - the HTC One M7, and to be honest, I do struggle to reach the opposite corner without propping the phone up or using my other hand. How difficult will it be with the OPO? Considering the company has delivered maybe a dozen phones thus far (sarcasm) ;), I'd love to hear from folks that are about my height or shorter. How does it feel in your hand? I've heard from some that it is not balanced that well, making it even more difficult to use one-handed. So, what say you? Talk it up!! :D

2. SanjithaD
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

3. Friday
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2014

Friday , Jul 3, 2014 :
    You are going to need those foam fingers to work the phone. It will seem huge to you.

gilsterm likes this.
  4. bradleycg
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

bradleycg , Jul 3, 2014 :
    See if you can find someone with a Note 2, its the same screen size 5.5 inches. If you find someone with a Note 3, its 5.7 inches. Which is slightly larger. However still know, it truly is a LARGE phone. Not the largest, but its pretty big.

ShermCraig and gilsterm like this.
  5. Raine
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Raine , Jul 3, 2014 :
    Seriously? You want to talk short? I'm 5'4" with tiny hands. The phone is literally as big, if not slightly larger, than my own hand! :( Regardless though, it actually doesn't feel uncomfortable. I have to use 2 hands most of the time though, but nothing that I'm not willing to adjust.

6. kramersmash
    Froyo Jul 3, 2014

MrFingerIII and bradleycg like this.
  7. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Jul 3, 2014

MrFingerIII and Atliens like this.
  8. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Than that person really wouldn't need to contribute to this discussion, would they? :cool:

JorisZ and Akshay like this.
  9. gilsterm
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2014

gilsterm , Jul 3, 2014 :
    Can't you just use it with two hands? It's supposed to be a fairly large phone, even when compared to other large smartphones. Try going to a cellphone kiosk and mess around with the S5 for comparison.

10. kallekula33
    Lollipop Jul 3, 2014

11. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

You're not wrong, but I have been told that the OPO doesn't feel good in the hand of someone that has not only the OPO, but also the OPPO 7. So, after hearing that, I grew concerned. It's not a deal breaker for me because as you've said - it's a large phone so I expect it to be a "stretch", but I still would like to hear from anyone around my size that already has it....

gilsterm likes this.
  12. sbumeder
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2014

sbumeder , Jul 3, 2014 :
    I am not tall for a female, 5'6". However, this post made me think of this song from my childhood... I use to love this when I was really short. Lol. Enjoy

samchopx likes this.
  13. Raine
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Raine , Jul 3, 2014 :
    Personally, I think the "sandstone" feeling gives you a little bit of leeway in terms of gripping the phone. If it were plastic or anything else, I think it might have a higher possibility of slipping out of your hands.

ShermCraig likes this.
  14. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Excellent point and one I hadn't considered. Thanks!

Raine likes this.
  15. Akshay
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Akshay , Jul 3, 2014 :
    You heard that from me! :p

<self-aggrandizement alert!>

ShermCraig likes this.
  16. fyahking
    Jelly Bean Jul 3, 2014

MrFingerIII and Akshay like this.
  17. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Yes, I did! o_O

18. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Hey! Nobody likes a show-off! :mad:

Akshay and fyahking like this.
  19. thebcooper
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2014

thebcooper , Jul 3, 2014 :
    Mr. Reeves,
    [​IMG]

Or, the Burger King commercials for tiny hands.

Both those things come to mind here.

Or, maybe even this actually.

Moral of the story I guess? Not just short people get the blessing/curse of tiny hands.

ShermCraig and Akshay like this.
  20. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014

Great stuff - and enormously helpful! :confused: