OxygenOS Shortcut for Google Assistant

1. elvislam
    Gingerbread May 28, 2018

elvislam , May 28, 2018 :
    I found the navigation gestures pretty convenient and I could use full real estate of the screen.
    However, without the on-screen buttons, I can't find other shortcuts for bringing up Google Assistant.

What I'm doing now is to enable the on-screen buttons first, bring up Google Assistant by long-pressing the home button and set it up. I tried to enable "Access with Voice Match", but it's not 100% working all the time for me. There are occasions that I don't wanna use it with voice nonetheless.

Do we have any shortcuts for bringing up Google Assistant if we opt for navigation gestures? Thanks.

2. elvislam
    Gingerbread May 28, 2018

I've submitted a request to OnePlus support team for this issue. They've acknowledged the issue and claimed that we currently don't have any shortcuts for Google Assistant.

Hope they will follow it up and enable this as soon as possible in future updates.

GiuCam79 likes this.
  3. Hitesh_Tyagi
    Froyo May 28, 2018

4. elvislam
    Gingerbread May 28, 2018

Voice activation is not working all the time for me somehow, and sometimes we just don't wanna activate it by voice.

Having a shortcut just like long pressing the home key would be great.

5. gabiteris
    Eclair May 28, 2018

gabiteris , May 28, 2018 :
    I'm using Nova Launcher and assigned a gesture for it. Guess they can do that as well

elvislam likes this.
  6. yogbal
    Eclair May 29, 2018

yogbal , May 29, 2018 :
    i too using Nova launcher and access voice assistant but the problem here is we cant use the option "whats on my screen"?

7. elvislam
    Gingerbread May 29, 2018

elvislam , May 29, 2018 :
    Reply from OnePlus support team:

As of the moment, we only have two different way of pulling up Google Assistant. Those are the ways you mentioned on your first email. Other than that, we do not have an option on changing the shortcut in to the same way as the fingerprint scanner works or assigning the said feature on a different button.

I assured you Elvis this will be noted for future updates.

For now, we are hoping for your understanding in this matter.

8. windmill81
    Froyo Jul 6, 2018

windmill81 , Jul 6, 2018 :
    You can assign a lock screen gesture to the Assistant (like drawing a V on the black screen). Sure it would be nice to have a specific gesture to activate Google Assistant while using the phone.

utsav17 likes this.
  9. utsav17
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2018

utsav17 , Jul 6, 2018 :
    yeah
    also fingerpring button rings down notifications in 5T not op6

windmill81 likes this.