Shot on OnePlus 8 Pro 5G | Story of a Second: Dynamic Video

1. Jimmy Z.
    Camera PM Staff Member Sep 1, 2020

Jimmy Z. , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Forum_SOAS_DeepDive_03.png

Greetings,

With the ‘Story of a Second’ video series, we tested camera capabilities of the OnePlus 8 Pro to its highest potential. Resulting in three stories that revolves around the importance of a second.

Today, we’ll discuss one key feature used in the production process, which is ‘Dynamic Range – Single Frame 3HDR’

The OnePlus 8 Pro’s video capabilities excel in difficult lighting, thanks to the enhanced dynamic range of Single Frame 3-HDR technology. With Single Frame 3-HDR technology, high contrast scenes are evenly exposed even when backlit. The feature was developed so you can shoot confidently at sunrise, sunset, and any time in between.

Often, in really bright conditions objects in front of the light appear as silhouettes in photos and videos. With Single Frame 3 HDR, the background and foreground are equally lit so no details are missed and you get a video that is as close to reality.

With dynamic video, scenarios that include backlight shots will be clearer and more colorful in both shadows and well-lit areas.Here’s how it works:

• Different pixels on the sensor capture three different exposures of the same scene and combine them, resulting in one final frame with exceptional colors and detail from the foreground to background.

• Additionally, three microphones with digital audio zoom work in harmony to record a full 3D soundstage, reducing ambient background noise and normalizing levels for impressive audio clarity.
    To access this feature, in video mode, enable the HDR button on the top, third icon from the left and Dynamic Video is turned on.

Check out how we used Dynamic Video – Single Frame 3 HDR in our #ShotonOnePlus video series, ‘Story of a Second’.

Thank you.

TheGadgetGirl and Joel Jacob like this.
  3. districtdave
    Donut Sep 3, 2020

4. NiyasAhamed
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2020

5. A1599119965316
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2020

6. Gio567full
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2020

7. jonlopez69
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2020

8. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Sep 3, 2020

F1598921789098 likes this.
  9. G1594747823200 , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 3, 2020 :
    I 🤔think ONEPLUS should work with camera developers and GOOGLE to improve it's camera software(should try to improve and try to add more options for photography) just like GOOGLE PIXEL 4a is clicking best photos with only a 12MP sensor which makes only possible because of its best image processing software. I think ONEPLUS should try to make something like this in it's phones that could bring a whole new change in camera experience in OnePlus phones.
    "THANK YOU"

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020

12. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 4, 2020 :
    It can be carrier specific. The easiest is when official support from it is added. What country and carrier? Dual or single sim?
    Some use special tools to get it working. But they need to redo it every update.

fragargon likes this.
  13. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 4, 2020 :
    Thank you, it's very king of you. I will find my way. [e]1f609[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

14. judhajitmisra
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2020

V1596955027219 likes this.
  16. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 4, 2020 :
    Lol [e]1f602[/e] no kidding! Do you think your post is on topics? [e]1f602[/e]

Finally do you think i did this on purpose? [e]1f609[/e]

18. Bobbi Digital , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Sep 5, 2020 :
    I didn't make a post...

The only post I made was telling you yours wasn't in topic so... Yeah.

19. Dashaanan
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020

Dashaanan , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 5, 2020 :
    Ya you're right my friend. Also the google camera app gives much more function and features such as HDR+ , Photo sphere, also various speed intervals in timelapse mode as well.
    The camera in Oneplus is capable of doing all this stuff as it got all the necessary requirements(gyro,etc.) But these devlopers aren't providing with the stock app.

G1594747823200 and PRNZZ@2001 like this.