Shot on OnePlus - April, 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. script Nougat Moderator Mar 31, 2018

script, Mar 31, 2018 :
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-31 um 23.06.04.png
    cover photo taken by @G_Om_Deorukhkar_ijyL from here

Hello there,

This is our fourth monthly Shot on OnePlus thread, to hold all your best photos, videos and other media that were taken with your OnePlus phone, as a heir of our greatest Mega photography thread.

For me March was an extra great month. We had that wonderful adventure [Let's Talk] What's your creative process when shooting photos on mobile? with so many good input and tips to become a better photographer, to take better pictures. I strongly recommend to read all the posts. Everyone can learn a lot!

We still have complains about low quality in some, or many, cases. To be honest, I haven´t updated my op5 to Oreo yet, so I don´t have own experiences. What I can see in the photo section are many very good pics, and some are - technically - not so great. I am not a programmer so I don´t know how much it takes to do the magic trick. I still am sure that the developers do the best they can to serve everyone´s needs. The next update will surely be nearly perfect ;-)

Another recommendation is this thread, one of my all-time favorite threads. Monochrome pictures. I don´t know why, but watching pics in black and white has something special. Please, if you like it, test your skills. But please don´t just take "the usual clicks" and turn them into b/w and hope its art then. Concentrate on the surrounding, look for opportunities where it makes sense to do b/w. Read the thread first, then start to take your own pics. And, pre-select the photographs you upload into that thread. Its an advanced thread, please don´t spam it with hundreds of mediocre clicks.
    Before you ask: there is no b/w setting in the app. You have to take your pic like you always do it, and then post-process it into black and white. You can do this in the OnePlus gallery app, or other editing apps.

Taking a good picture needs some skills, experience and knowledge. Try to learn and develop your photographical taste.

Ready to go? Great! Share your best work with us, and let us know which phone was used and camera settings or filters used as it may help our friends on the forum.
    (ex. OnePlus 5T Stock camera - HDR, OnePlus One - Camera FV5 - iso 100 - 1/6 shutter)

If you are a Community app user, please note that the app will automatically resize your photo. If you are a Community website user, please note that file sizes may be to large to post as size is limited to 2mb in which case you'll have to shrink your image size.
    Photo & Picture Resizer and Snapseed both are great apps from play store to resize photos. Check here to learn more about How to upload photos.

Alright, we're good to go. Can't wait to see your best shots!

Cheers,
    script

Notice: Please note that single photo threads opened elsewhere on the forum will be merged with this thread.

2. eye842 Lollipop Apr 1, 2018

eye842, Apr 1, 2018 :
    Cheers mate.

When you take away colour you take away preferences that one have, we don't see colours the same way and the same goes for our devices.
    In the black and white picture it is all about the motif and we all react to the same monochromatic image.

Let's see some springtime, people :)

3. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Apr 1, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Apr 1, 2018 :
    I don't know, but I just like shooting these light bulbs.

Device Used: OnePlus 5
    Application Used: OnePlus Stock Camera-Pro Mode
    Exposure Time: 1/100
    ISO: 100
    Editing Software Used: Snapseed
    1522597979436.jpg

Device Used: OnePlus 5
    Application Used: OnePlus Stock Camera-Auto Mode-Touch to Focus
    Exposure Time: 1/800
    ISO: 200
    Editing Software Used: Photoshop Express

1522598558345.jpg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018

4. Sagar dewangan Donut Apr 1, 2018

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2018

5. Bouncer71 Lollipop Apr 1, 2018

6. Muhit.R Cupcake Apr 2, 2018

7. jlasensiofi KitKat Apr 2, 2018

script and Shivang Joshi like this.
  8. eye842 Lollipop Apr 2, 2018

eye842, Apr 2, 2018 :
    Spring is slowly crawling in but despite the sunshine day temperature is still only 5°
    and it is sub zero during the night.
    [​IMG]

OP2 stock cam.
    Edited in Snapseed
    Watermark by Shot On.... app.

9. AKASHDHARMARAJ Cupcake Apr 2, 2018

10. woSch Marshmallow Apr 2, 2018

11. gautamagarwal2121 Cupcake Apr 2, 2018

12. Sagar dewangan Donut Apr 2, 2018

13. Sagar dewangan Donut Apr 2, 2018

14. Q1512924513392 Cupcake Apr 2, 2018

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2018