Shot on OnePlus August

1. Bouncer71 Lollipop Jul 23, 2019

Bouncer71, Jul 23, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    by @Robin A. Traveling to Tanzania

Hi there fellow Photomaniacs... :D

This month it is my honor to be your host.
    Holiday season is on it's height and everyone is probably shooting thousands of photos on their vacation trips… Is there a better place to post the awesome captures with your OnePlus device and be in for a prize than here..?

Do you remember…?

Photographs have always been there to capture memories. To look at places been, occasions, stories, funny or astonishing things that happened and to share those with friends and families..To put them in an album to spark memories even years later.

Sometimes a single photo is enough to remember weeks of fun and enjoyment.

It doesn't necessarily need to be perfectly framed or heavily edited. It's the story behind that shows the real beauty...
    I don't want to say not to follow photography rules or not to edit at all. It can help to shoot better pictures and overcome camera limitations.
    But especially heavy post editing will alter the image to a piece of artwork that probably has nothing to do with the real experience.

I've seen pictures like these in the past SOOP threads.

LRM_EXPORT_59657528523752_20190721_190557773_001.jpg
    OP7Pro, Auto, Snapseed, Lightroom CC Mobile (crop), YaImCo

Looks kinda cool but more a piece of art to hang up a wall than to share as the place I've been…

LRM_EXPORT_59549208482960_20190721_190409453_001.jpg
    OP7Pro, Main camera, Auto, Lightroom CC Mobile (edit and crop), YaImCo

… and to tell the story of that boat trip to Rovinj with friends to show them one of our favorite little towns in Croatia. The hundreds of seagulls that followed us in Limski Fjord that made us feel like being part of Hitchcock's Birds… The funny singing tour guide... Having to walk up and down the hill several times because I couldn't remember how to get to the most photographed spot in Old Town. An Opening in the city walls to the Sea nicely decorated by the shop owner.
    And so on…

All I want to say is…
    You might have a look at your travel photos 10 or 20 years from now and maybe be like "What was I thinking then..?"

So keep it real and be gentle..
    The rest is art…

Honestly…?
    Who am I to mess with your memories… ;)

Please be so kind to tell us a bit about where, what, why, with which OnePlus device and how it was shot or edited to give a better perspective..

Now go out there and shoot some beautiful memorable pictures and have fun while you're at it.. :D

The best of luck y'all...!!!

2. script Nougat Moderator Aug 3, 2019

Stickied Post
    script, Aug 3, 2019 :
    Important Info

Edit 2: Everybody can post several pictures for the contest. There's no limit.

If one member posts more than 5 posts in one month, with more than 1 pic in each post, please do the following: at the end of that month, select yourself your best 5 pictures for the contest, put them in one single additional post, and tag me @script with the words: my 5 contest pictures.

It is really not possible to review so many pics, especially, when some posts contain several pics that all look like almost the same pic.

Thx for understanding.

Script

3. script Nougat Moderator Jul 31, 2019

script, Jul 31, 2019 :
    The usual info on the contest part

1) As usual, a big thank you to the previous host for hosting the July thread. All posts and comments were a pleasure to read. ;-) ;-):)

2) The preselection in July was tricky, as there were so many pictures. Over 4.000! OMG. And, after seeing 10 pics with water drops close ups with reflections and super tiny animals, trust me, its not so easy to check another 50 pics with water drops close ups with reflections and super tiny animals.

Lets say it this way: as a photographer I personally like to take a range of photos, as different and unique as possible. Maybe that could be taken as an inspiration.

Edit: for the preselection we found almost 500 really good pictures.

Edit 2: Everybody can post several pictures for the contest. There's no limit.

If one member posts more than 5 posts in one month, with more than 1 pic in each post, please do the following: at the end of that month, select yourself your best 5 pictures for the contest, put them in one single post, and tag me @script with the words: my 5 contest pictures.

It is really not possible to review so many pics, especially, when some posts contain several pics that all look like almost the same pic.

Thx for understanding.

3) For the contest, some important words.
    • Any content submitted should be your own work and shot on a OnePlus device. Any pictures submitted shall be taken in this month, August 2019. Please do not post older pictures from former times.
    • Ps. If your pictures were taken in the last week of the previous month (July 2019), they are valid for the August contest thread. Ofc you can post them only once, either late in July, or early in August. Not two times in both months.
    Important: all users need to state the used OnePlus device clearly in their post.

4) The prizes for August are 10 OnePlus Leather Messenger Bag

[​IMG]

5) The winners from last month will be announced in 10 days. Ofc, after the EXIF data has been checked!

6) Some honest personal tips
    • Avoid intense post processing
    • Be better than just a snapshot
    • See the picture before clicking the shutter (thx @cdnfarmer)
    • Avoid unused space and unnecessary elements in your frame
    • Level your pictures
    • Show real life
    • Show unique and original pictures
    • Don't post more than 3 pictures in one post, but take many pics. Select, and post only the best! Honestly, some posts contain 2 good, 3 mediocre, and 2 lame pics. That whole post can get ruined that way, and would be much better with only the 2 good pics. Please, think about that.
    • Make sure to post your picture as full image, not as link. (Thx cdn) Check this, thx a million to bouncer and tibi: HOWTO - Upload photos (browser version) by @TibiTibi
    • Please add spaces between the pictures. Multiple pictures should not blend into one. (Thx cdn)
    • Try to avoid just technical stunt photos. Put soul and heart in your pictures

This are personal tips and suggestions, not official OnePlus demands.

Have fun, all the best in the photography section, cheers,

Script

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2019

4. GopalB. Nougat Aug 1, 2019

5. hargsp3ed Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019

6. B_Wrath Marshmallow Aug 1, 2019

7. hennes Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

hennes, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Congratulations @Bouncer71

To celebrate the first day in August 3 pictures of sunrise

Shot with OP3
    Cropped and compressed with YaImCo

IMG_20190801_050054_001.jpg

IMG_20190801_050105_001.jpg

IMG_20190801_050257_001.jpg

Thanks @script for continuing with this awesome change of hosts.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019

8. G_plusone Marshmallow Aug 1, 2019

9. Z1564632473635 Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

Z1564632473635, Aug 1, 2019 :
    1564632771557.jpg

1564632771665.jpg
    Shot with OP7 pro. Newbie here so I just shot at full zoom and cropped slightly. I love this phone!

10. Discostu Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2019

Discostu, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Congrats @Bouncer71 on hosting this month! Can't wait to see another month of astonishing photos from this highly talented community we have!

11. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Aug 1, 2019

camohan, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Congrats @Bouncer71 and @script. And many thanks to the guys behind the thread for selecting the good photos...I think since June onwards the bar of SOOP has increased tremendously with the thread becoming more and more popular & inviting professional photographers, editors from outside of the forum like Instagram.
    One has to be really pro to get into this..
    Waiting to checkout different worlds through photos.

12. G_Anil_Yallurkar_IqRK Donut Aug 1, 2019

13. Headcall Donut Aug 1, 2019

14. F_Andres_Zerpa_RwnZ Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

F_Andres_Zerpa_RwnZ, Aug 1, 2019 :
    1564636341128.jpg

1564636341248.jpg
    Brickell, Florida with my OnePlus 7 pro
    in NIGHTSCAPE mode thank you for make a perfect phone with a perfect cameras, thank OnePlus .

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019

15. mariusbidi Eclair Aug 1, 2019

16. Aadeshc Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

17. tablita Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

18. F_Sai_Kiran_Tanneru_lxcM Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

19. Sohan4514 Cupcake Aug 1, 2019

Sohan4514, Aug 1, 2019 :
    1564641259996.jpg
    30 sec exposure, had to also shine light at the tree. No post processing at all.

20. antonyjen Honeycomb Aug 1, 2019

21. L1563165489004 Donut Aug 1, 2019