Shot on OnePlus December 2020 - Red

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 1, 2020

Shivang Joshi , Dec 1, 2020 :
    WechatIMG277.png

Hello Community,

It’s the final month of the year – 2020. And I’m here to host the final Shot on OnePlus thread for this year. Everything might not have gone according to your plans this year – but we all made it to the end. While things haven’t gone according to our plans, I guess we were taught an important lesson this year – and that is to live every moment. Not only that but we must also remember to capture every moment and share it with our friends and family.

I’m Shivang Joshi aka theimagefreak. I’ve been shooting products since past few years. And to do that, you don’t need fancy equipment. Personally, I started shooting products with OnePlus 5. And while I’ve upgraded my equipment, I don’t think you need the best equipment while starting out. Sure, equipment is necessary, and it will definitely make your work easier. But focusing only on the equipment would gain you nothing. So, just keep focusing on the shots instead of the equipment.

RED

For the final month, we have set the theme as Red. While Red has been closely resembled with OnePlus, that’s not the only reason to select this theme. Red is also the colour of love – and in this festive season, make sure you spread love to the people around you. Also, make sure to capture moments which can have the red colour in it – and then, share it here to win some prizes.

You can shoot anything with the red colour. It doesn’t matter if it’s a street photo, a landscape, or a product shot. It can be anything which has red colour. If you are unable to go out to shoot red, just do it at your home – with the red products you have. [​IMG]

I’m sharing a few reference images here – through which you can see that the entire image does not need to be red.

Bullets Wireless Red Theme 1.jpg

OnePlus Bullets Wireless (10).jpg

IMG_20180519_171308.jpg

1493414-0cbaa76a2c56910df265af6a3df54859.jpg

1296808-e41e51dcddd7ce3a6c5d03d13384d48b.jpg
    Winner of April Shot on OnePlus, by By @S.Ghosh

I hope you find the images I shared above as a good reference point for your shots. Wishing all of you the best of luck for this contest. Let’s see some dope shots from the community now. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2020

2. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Contest Rules
    • 1 winner per week (1-7/8-14/15-21/22-31), 4 winners per month who all will receive the OnePlus Buds Z.
    • 3 pictures max. per post, 4 posts max. in the whole month
    • All pictures must follow the weekly changing conditions!!!
    • All pictures have to be taken within the current month, maximum is the last week of November!!!!
    • State the specific device/ editing software/ hardware (extra lenses)
    • OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.
    • Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited. Users who post pictures that were copied from the internet, or were not taken with an OnePlus device, get a code of conduct warning, plus a reply-ban for the contest for the actual plus the following two months.
    • Terms and Conditions applied.

How Do We Select Winners?

The pre-selection team
    consists of: @Bouncer71 , @cdnfarmer , @hennes , @otto2 , @script , @TibiTibi , and @woSch. We check all pictures of the contest, discuss, which we think are the best, and collect them in a separate thread. Then this group of experts, plus OnePlus staff members, go in a second round through that collection and nominate the 4 or 5 best pictures of the current week. Out of this elite the final weekly winning picture gets selected. It's really a long and careful process.

Finally, the selected picture has to get checked! Therefore it's needed to contact the person that has posted the picture, ask him or her to send in the original uncompressed file, to get the EXIF data checked. Only after that final check the winning picture can be announced in the forum. And again, it's never settle.

Additional Reading

3. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Dec 18, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Winner of the First Week
    1493743-feb9b656033c90c4e6e69fa57b56fa80.jpg
    By @Danicr; "First snow 2020"; Shot on OnePlus Nord; No Edited

Winner of the Second Week
    [​IMG]

By @Sylvester.David; "Building Lit Up Red"; Shot on OnePlus 8 Pro; Edited with Lightroom

Winner of the Third Week
    [​IMG]

By @ShubhamMaratha; "The Flower"; Shot on OnePlus 8; No Edited

Winner of the Fourth Week
    [​IMG]

By @DPlayers_08; "The Street Walk"; Shot on OnePlus 6T; Edited with Lightroom Mobile

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2021

4. psygarden
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2020

5. SRD.
    KitKat Dec 1, 2020

TheGadgetGirl, MRTLima, iamrj and 3 others like this.
  6. Amanda W.
    Head of Global Community Staff Member Dec 1, 2020

7. Javvadibabajee
    Froyo Dec 1, 2020

TheGadgetGirl likes this.
  8. Rajnish_Dhull

9. Jai_Vaidya
    Froyo Dec 1, 2020

Jai_Vaidya , via OnePlus Nord , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hey everyone :)
    A new OnePlus user here! Can someone guide me on how can I participate in this, i.e. where do I upload the photos, what are the necessary tags, etc.
    An answer would be highly appreciated :)

10. _sreehari_
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2020

Berny506, kavyaviswm, MRTLima and 4 others like this.
  11. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Thank you so much [​IMG]

I would just like to be clear and say that the last shot isn't mine. It is by a winner of SOOP April 2020. So, make sure to congratulate @S.Ghosh as well [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Dec 1, 2020

13. SRD.
    KitKat Dec 1, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Absolutely brilliant @S.Ghosh 👌

14. Shivang Joshi

15. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 1, 2020

16. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2020

TheGadgetGirl likes this.
  17. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 1, 2020

YRJ , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Great theme! All the best to everyone participating looking forward to the Red entries :cool:

18. Pavans444
    Froyo Dec 1, 2020

19. philos64
    Community Hero 2020 Dec 1, 2020

philos64 , Dec 1, 2020 :
    After the Gold, now it's Red,
    Red colour reminds us of the heart of love, of blood, of the red rose...

• Positive meaning: love, passion, warmth, sexuality, ardour, triumph...
    • Negative meaning: anger, prohibition, danger
    • Representation: blood, fire, lava, plants (tomato, poppy, strawberry)

20. asishgrwl

Amanda W. and Bouncer71 like this.