Shot on OnePlus February: Bridges

1. script
    Nougat Moderator Jan 21, 2020

script , Jan 21, 2020 :
    #SoOP Best of the Month (3).png

Dear OnePlus photography enthusiasts,

welcome to the NEW Shot on OnePlus contest. And, as its new, here's the news.:)

What's New

From February on, we will still have a monthly theme, plus, we will select one winner every week! Therefore, from now on you can post 4 posts in every month, with a maximum of 3 pictures in every post. And the final good news: the 4 winners of each month will get a gift, like hoodies or backpacks, plus, the four winning pictures of each month will be presented on OnePlus' Twitter and Facebook, where, in a public voting, the top winner of those 4 pictures will be selected, and then become the cover of the OnePlus facebook/twitter account in the next month.

Is that good? Yes!! And here's one more. The SOOP winners will have the opportunity to get featured in one of the next official OnePlus calendars, postcards, or the Addition magazine.

Got it? Here are the facts in short.;)

• Monthly contest with a new theme every month
    • 1 winner per week, 4 winners per month who will all receive rewards (OnePlus Bullet Wireless 2 for Feb)
    • Final winner will be selected through public voting on Facebook & Twitter. The final winning picture will be the cover of the OnePlus official account.
    • Winners will also get the opportunity to be featured in an official OnePlus calendar, or a postcard, or even in an Addition magazine.

Theme for Feb: Bridges

We all use our smartphones to communicate, we talk, we chat, we post, we share our pictures with our friends or even the world. Our smartphones help us to get in contact, to bridge the gap between us and others.

Bridges connect. That is the idea behind that theme. Another thought is: bridges are usually outside, so you are forced to move your.....self and go outside. Impress us with cool perspectives, with huge impressive buildings, or small wooden paths in your garden. Try to tell stories about connections, and how the bridges help to bring people together.

Rules
    • 3 pictures max. per post, 4 posts max. in the whole month
    • All pictures must contain a bridge as main subject
    • All pictures have to be your own work and have to be taken with a OnePlus device
    • All pictures have to be taken within the past 12 months
    • State the specific device/ editing software/ hardware (extra lenses)
    • Photos should not be published previously anywhere. OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.

Additional Reading

How Do We Select Winners?

There's a small team behind supporting the preselection works, who deserves more credits. The first, small team members are: @cdnfarmer , my trusted long time companion in all photography related things, plus a group of the best photographers we have in the forum, all well known photo enthusiasts, like @woSch , @Bouncer71 , @TibiTibi , @otto2 , and @hennes . They are all long time members, are giving input, help and often individual tips about photography, and share their deep knowledge with the community.

Within this group, every week, we collected around 40 posts with extraordinary pictures. Since some posts had more than one picture, after discussion, those 40 posts all were narrowed down to 40 single pics, in an internal thread. Then, all of us have to give "likes" to the posts. Each member can only give 5 likes. Those post which get the most likes becomes the winner. We considered that one picture as the winner, and the other pictures as "runner up".In our minds, all those pictures with many likes are also prize worthy, but the aim was, to find one winner, and that was achieved.

Story Behind

What is a picture? Well, let me tell you the story of the last cover picture, the hazelnut in the frozen ice block. In that winter 2017 I used to give water to the animals in the garden, and, as it was very cold (for Cologne!) during the nights, the water turned to ice. So, my first job in every morning was, to get rid of the ice block and refill the water bowl with liquid water. Then, at that particular morning, obviously a squirrel (we feed them with nuts daily) had lost a hazelnut, it fell into the bowl, and was frozen at the next morning. I had never seen a frozen hazelnut in a half round ice block before, in my whole life. I needed to take a picture of it.

My first three pics were boring, because the light was bad. Then I used the flash of the camera, something I usually never do. Flash is meh. And, what can I say: the ice block pic with flash has something. It gives the ice thingiee a magical touch. Hey, thats the story of that picture. It's something you don't see every day, it has a personal touch, it has a little bit of magic, and it's very funny. All (and more) we can hope for when we take a picture, instead of a random click.

Here's one additional funny fact. Around the nut, the ice is a little bit broken, damaged. That came from tiny teeth. Squirrel bites. It had tried to nibble the nut out of the ice block, at the next day. Ain't. That. A. Cute. Funny. Squirrel. Story?

When you take pictures, try to find something special, and, if possible, with a personal touch. Your rewards are more interesting, unique, better pictures.

All the best for the new contest.

Let's save the planet, and have fun in the photography section,

Script
    Winner of the First Week

1239305-1199f4bd8d8a9311d966ccd65e465cd6.jpg
    By @Vijesh_Venugopal; Bandra - Worli Sea link, Mumbai; Shot on OnePlus 6, edited with Lightroom Mobile​

Winner of the Second Week
    1241550-f760be2825d7e31e2f96ce31f95a5184.jpg

By @Cogdo; Carev Most (Emperor's Bridge); Shot on OnePlus 6T; Edited with Lightroom

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020

2. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Feb 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Feb 4, 2020 :
    Sure! Let's change the rules: Pictures have to be taken within the past 12 months.

3. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Feb 10, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Congratulations on being selected as the winner for the first week of February SoOP!!! (Feb 1 ~ Feb 7).

4. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Feb 17, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Feb 17, 2020 :
    Congratulations on being chosen as the winner for the 2nd week (Feb 8 ~ Feb 14)!!!!! Let's appreciate these amazing shots!

5. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Feb 22, 2020 at 7:08 AM

Stickied Post
    cdnfarmer , Feb 22, 2020 at 7:08 AM :

Good Day Shutterflies,

This post marks the beginning and last week of February SoOP contest on Bridges.

Again as a reminder to all:
    1. Please add the device used and any editing software and lenses used (without the details your post will not be considered).
    2. Post your own work. Be original. i.e. pictures that you took using a OnePlus phone
    3. You are allowed to post 3 pictures per post.
    4. You can post only 4 posts (total) per month. Therefore pick your best works to post.
    Good luck to all.

To participate,

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:30 PM

6. script
    Nougat Moderator Jan 21, 2020

script , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Additional info.

The first 3 winners in each month will be selected from the first/second/third 7-day-period of each month. The last winner will be selected out of the remaining pictures/ days of that month. The winners will be announced weekly, as quick as possible.

If you are clever, post one of your four posts per month every 7 or 8 days, so that you can participate every week in the contest. After 7 days, only the pictures that are posted after the 7th./14th./21st. day will be part of that particular week. Was that too complicated? Well. It is a little bit complicated.

After each week (7 days) the contest starts new. Is that better? ;-)

The December winners are here. Congratulations to all:)

2019 ShotonOnePlus Hall of Fame

cheers, Script

7. Q1576501342286
    Donut Feb 1, 2020

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020

8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Feb 1, 2020

G_plusone , Feb 1, 2020 :
    This is an Interesting reorganisation Captain
    Thanks for the tips, tricks and Squirrel Stories too ;)

9. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Feb 1, 2020

cdnfarmer , Feb 1, 2020 :
    great opening post @script . Love the header picture. The lock bridge in Köln?!.

great shot! Good way to start the contest. And giving all the necessary details.

Good luck to all . Please READ the first two posts!!!!

10. script
    Nougat Moderator Feb 1, 2020

script , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Thx:) Yes, it's that bridge. I add the full pic in the spoiler. It's been taken with the legendary OnePlus One, and one of my first attempts with the drama filter, hahaha

2014-07-16_001.jpg

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 1, 2020

12. maarten_lisboa
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Feb 1, 2020

maarten_lisboa , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Great changes @script, really nice to do something more with all those creative pictures the community provides.
    Let's hope people take the effort to read and this thread will be fun to come back to every week [e]1f44d[/e]. I'll post some new bridges shots for sure.

13. script
    Nougat Moderator Feb 1, 2020

script , Feb 1, 2020 :
    The real work to figure all that out has been done by the famous @Crystal Z. , @Zach X. @Trista W. @David Y. @dsmonteiro and me. They deserve the most applause

14. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Feb 1, 2020

TibiTibi , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Good intro and the theme.
    Interesting news regarding SOOP.
    Looking forward.

15. jlasensiofi , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Wooooow, I think it's a great idea @script. A great reorganization and I love those awards [e]1f44d[/e]🤩[e]1f44f[/e][e]1f44f[/e][e]1f44f[/e][e]1f44f[/e][e]1f44f[/e][e]1f44f[/e][e]1f44f[/e]
    I hope to participate [e]1f609[/e]
    Have a nice weekend everyone [e]1f44d[/e]

16. Q1578611428154
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2020

17. Q1578611428154
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2020

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020

18. SubhashNayak
    Honeycomb Feb 1, 2020

SubhashNayak , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Feb 1, 2020 :
    1580832226423.jpg

Build Bridges, not Walls! Very excited for this one!

This is shot on a footbridge to an Island called BlueWaters in Dubai, UAE.
    Shot using OnePlus 5T
    Phone in the frame is OnePlus 7TPro McLaren edition
    Edited using Lightroom.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020

19. manuel19
    KitKat Feb 1, 2020

manuel19 , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Just realized I forgot to post my January photos. :(

Really nice refresh of the contest, looking forward to it! :) :)

20. Sharmin Qureshi
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2020

22. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Feb 1, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Feb 1, 2020 :
    :eek: awesome good new format!!!!

More reasons to shoot continuously and squeeze the brain during the whole month. And another challenge to add to my previous one :rolleyes:

Let's do thiiiiiiis.

Thank you @script for being the messenger of this great news and everyone else that make this possible.

I'll be back... Soon ;)

23. YRJ
    Marshmallow Feb 1, 2020

YRJ , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Wohoo! That's some really exciting changes @script
    Ngl, I wasn't expecting such amazing incentives :D

Congratulations to everyone involved and all the best to the photographers. Things are going to get exciting ;)

24. jcmesag
    Donut Feb 1, 2020