Monthly Shot on OnePlus February

1. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

Shivang Joshi, Jan 31, 2019 :
    ShotonOnePlus.png

Hi OnePlus Shutterbugs,

This is our new monthly Shot on OnePlus thread, to hold all your best photos, videos and other media that were taken with your OnePlus phone.

Edit from @script and @Crystal Z.
    Sorry to interrupt
    You all will love it!

Official breaking News

From February on our Monthly Thread will also become an official OnePlus contest thread. The best pictures will win prizes!!!
    A jury of moderators and staff members will choose the winners. I will be part of that jury.

For February, OnePlus gave us
    5 bullets wireless. F I V E !!!

Good? More. Its Great.

Post good pictures and have fun.

(We will check the Exif data. Script)​

Last month's thread: Shot on OnePlus January

Compression app: [APP] YaImCo - Yet another Image Compressor

Google Cam Ports thread: Google Camera Ports for OnePlus 3/T, 5/T and 6/T

What is a picture? A story. Storytelling was done majorly with words, but that has changed with time. Now, other than story books, several other things can be used to tell a story. For me, it’s through a picture. A single picture can describe things which even a 1000-words article can’t. So, I would love to hear about your story behind the picture you post in this thread. Let us all share our stories behind our pictures.

Do you have the full control of the camera in your hands? Yes, you do. But do you make use of that absolute control? If not, I would really recommend you to start using the Pro Mode in the OnePlus Camera App and get that absolute control on your camera. The settings in the App are easy to understand. But if you’re unable to understand them, we’ll be here to help. Just don’t forget to tag or quote us.

I also have a tip to make your work faster while shooting pictures in manual mode. I use it for long exposures of the night sky, and it works well. The Pro Mode on the OnePlus’s Stock Camera App does more than just setting up your shutter speed, white balance, etc. You can save two of your most used Manual Camera Settings. So, whenever you need to shoot a similar picture, you can simply go and use the saved settings instead of setting up all of them again. Follow these steps if you want to save your settings:
    • Open the Camera App and go to Pro Mode.
    • Click on “C” on the top-left corner of the App and select “C1” or “C2”.
    • Go ahead and select the settings you would like to use.
    • Click on the “Save” icon which is in the bottom left corner, and you’re done.
    That was easy, right? It’s just one small thing which would help to save your time while shooting in similar situations.

Last month, @NeVeR_SeTTLe bought a new DSLR and shared some of his amazing clicks with us. Go ahead and check them out here.

One of my favorite Photographers has a challenge for all you Shutterbugs out there. He posted a video explaining the details about the challenge, and you can check it right here. Hurry up, grab your gear and go out to shoot some amazing content for the challenge as it ends soon.

In case you didn’t know about Moment Lens, I would like to inform you that they’ve recently announced about their line-up is now supported for OnePlus 6. Also, they’ve confirmed that they’ll introduce the cases for OnePlus 6T this year. So, check them out here and upgrade your photography with those lenses.

Ready to go? Great! Share your best work with us, and let us know which phone was used and camera settings or filters used as it may help our friends on the forum.
    (ex. OnePlus 5T Stock camera - HDR, OnePlus One - Camera FV5 - iso 100 - 1/6 shutter)

If you are a Community app user, please note that the app will automatically resize your photo. If you are a Community website user, please note that file sizes may be to large to post as size is limited to 2mb in which case you'll have to shrink your image size.
    Photo & Picture Resizer and Snapseed both are great apps from play store to resize photos. Check here to learn more about How to upload photos.

Alright, we're good to go. Can't wait to see your best shots!

2. script Marshmallow Moderator Jan 31, 2019

Stickied Post
    script, Jan 31, 2019 :
    More info on the new
    Monthly Photo Thread Contest

Hello Photo Friends,

As we have this new contest thread feature, I asked Crystal a few questions, here's her answers

1) Will there be additional photo contests (soop) in the future, or will the monthly thread be the only photo contest thread in the future?

Crystal: In 2019, there won't be further soop photo contests organized by OnePlus staff.

2) Will OnePlus give prizes every month?

Crystal: We will give prizes every month.

3) Have you thought about a special prize for the „photo of the year“, which could be chosen from the monthly winners in December?

Crystal: For photo of the year, we do have a grand award, but that's still under discussion. We'll let you know once we make the decision

Thank you very much, great info and great news.

Please all, post only pictures that were taken with a OnePlus device in this thread. Please use the compression app yaimco to upload your pictures in a good quality, under 2 MB. Then also the EXIF data will remain in your pictures.

The jury will choose a winner each month and state the winning picture in this thread after the month is over.

Have fun, and post good pictures :)

3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jan 31, 2019 :
    Congratulations on the thread, Joshi. You did a great job, very proud of you :)

And thanks to OnePlus, Crystal and Script for the prizes - they are indeed great.

Best of luck to all the future participants, can't wait to see your submissions.

Have fun, you bunch of talented people! :cool:

4. the_o2 Lollipop Jan 31, 2019

the_o2, Jan 31, 2019 :
    Congratulations for this thread Joshi ji :):)
    And thanks for this tip
    I will use it in near future :D:D

5. Punk_69 Lollipop Jan 31, 2019

Punk_69, Jan 31, 2019 :
    Great to see you hosting the Shot On OnePlus February thread !!
    hopefully we'll get to see some great shots by the users here ....

Do upload your shots too !

btw i miss shot on oneplus, now that I cannot #shotononeplus :(

6. G_plusone Lollipop Jan 31, 2019

7. J_VIKAS_Reddie_ONEPLUS Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

8. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 31, 2019

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jan 31, 2019 :
    What a surprise! :eek:
    Great intro! Good informative information for us to fill our knowledge up ;)
    Thanks for the mention :) Also a shout out to @p51d007 for his amazing close up shots of wilderness :)

Let the good ol' photography thread roll out!!!!

B.yashaswi, Makhija27, otto2 and 9 others like this.
  9. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

Thank you so much, Cheetos :)

Yeah, can't wait to see some great pictures here :D

Thank youuu :)

Sure, please do and let us know if it was helpful or not. ;)

Yeah, I hope for that as well :)

Just updated my profile picture on Twitter, and that updated picture was Shot on OnePlus 6T ;) :D

You can still get your friend's device and shoot some pictures :) ;)

Yeah, I know several people who don't know about that. :p

I was thinking about making a video on those presets(It's a part of the Pro Mode, which most people don't even talk about. :oops:) during the Global Tutorial Competition, but didn't actually get the time to do that. So, I thought of sharing it in this thread ;) :D

Punk_69, cdnfarmer, otto2 and 8 others like this.
  10. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

I'm hosting a thread in the month of my Forum Anniversary - And I just noticed it now. A great surprise. Indeed :oops: :p

I'm just gaining more and more knowledge, and then sharing it. Thanks to people like you on this forums, who lighten me up with something I don't know. :) :D

Yeah, he shared some pretty amazing pictures on that thread :) :D

TibiTibi, otto2, Bouncer71 and 8 others like this.
  11. Sunatullo Eclair Jan 31, 2019

12. buntycubal Lollipop Jan 31, 2019

buntycubal, Jan 31, 2019 :
    PSX_20190131_192541-1200x1600-01.jpeg

PSX_20190131_192611-1200x1600-01.jpeg

Taken From 3 & Edited In Photoshop Express..
    Thankyou @Shivang Joshi & Captain @script For This Months Photography Thread.
    Wish You Happy & Prosperous February For All Our Community Members..Best Wishes..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019

13. GopalB. Marshmallow Jan 31, 2019

14. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

Those are some great looking flowers :)

I loved your amazing clicks of Dubai in January, especially the one which was pointing down from your balcony :) ;)

15. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

Thank youuu soo much. But I got a notification that you replied to this thread. ;) :p

16. GopalB. Marshmallow Jan 31, 2019

GopalB., Jan 31, 2019 :
    Ah!!! Marked thread... ;)
    You'll soon start ignoring and it will stop notifying you... :p

17. N1548945515225 Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

18. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

So, this is the picture I was talking about. It's shot on OnePlus 6T - Portrait Mode. Later on, it was edited on Adobe Lightroom CC for Android.

1548945215952.jpg

As I said in the first post, let's share our stories. So, here's mine, for the above picture.

This picture was taken at a place, which is about 40-50kms away from my city. Me, along with 3 friends went on a Bike Ride in the morning. It was really a fun ride with them, and some of the beautiful moments were saved digitally. Also, I remember that I woke up after 3.5hours of sleep that night, and didn't even sleep the night before that. Yeah, I took a nap of about 3 hours on the day when I didn't sleep at night. So, even though I was sleepy, going on that ride and capturing some good shots made me feel good. I was quite a bit tired after I reached home, but the trip was worth it! ;) :)

Yeah, that's me in that picture ;oops; I'm not that good in front of the camera, but I tried. And I just revealed my face here ;oops;

Hope to hear your stories behind the pictures. Please share them, if you can. :) ;)

johneebee, Ruby G., TibiTibi and 9 others like this.
  19. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jan 31, 2019

I don't think I'll do that. :rolleyes: :oops:

otto2, Bouncer71, jlasensiofi and 2 others like this.
  20. s_umashankar Donut Jan 31, 2019

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019