Monthly

Shot on OnePlus January

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 27, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Dec 27, 2018 :
    [​IMG]
    Cover photos starting from top left @W1542109610313 from here / @Vladka Evelyn from here / @Lukypicture from here / @lokolars from here

Before I start this thread, I want to write, Happy New Year 2019 to all the Shutterbugs! I wish all of you for this upcoming New Year lots of health, prosperity, successes, wisdom, unforgettable memories, joyous times with family and friends and whatever your hearts desire!

Now, let's get started!

This is our new monthly Shot on OnePlus thread, to hold all your best photos, videos and other media that were taken with your OnePlus phone, as a heir of our greatest Mega photography thread

Last month's thread: Shot on OnePlus December

Compression app: [APP] YaImCo - Yet another Image Compressor

Google Cam Ports thread: Google Camera Ports for OnePlus 3/T, 5/T and 6/T

What is a picture? Emotion. Elatedness and joy, agony and despair, these are some of the popular emotions that everyone on this planet experienced. Emotion is a feeling that can bring an image out of the darkness and make it shine just like the sun. Imagine a gorgeous sunrise on the islands of Montenegro with the horizon having a bluish-purplish tint. It’s beautiful, right? Now pull the zoom back to a wider angle and show a couple in silhouette, laying and rocking on a hammock while holding hands. Different people will connect to each photo differently. A photo should be your expression of what you feel at that moment when you take your picture.

Now, moving on, let's take a quick look back at some photography highlights that were trended in the month of December 2018:
    • Last month, we had a new thread opened called, Patterns by @av_hash. I welcome all of you to visit his thread and post some of your patterns that surround you in everyday scenarios.
    • A Light Painting Contest was held by @Venky61 where contestants uploaded their creative and artistic light painting photos. Stop by and see who won and what were your favorites.
    • A ShotOnOnePlus contest was held in India by @Joel Jacob on the topic "Explore". Our creative community users took this word and experimented by portraying it in a picture. Great stuff! His concept was from @Trista W. challenge "Falling Stars" that took place in November. You can check that out if you are interested too, here
    • With contests up in the air, we had another one that @Trista W. hosted called, Nightscape. This was a contest where our lovely community members show cased their night time pictures. I am truly amazed on how many great entries we received and a shout out to all those who participated. If you still haven't checked it out, I urge you to do so ;)
    With so many great pictures we are receiving in the Monthly ShotOnOnePlus thread and in other contests that are held on this community, I would like to write a couple of things about "over processing". Almost all of us post process our pictures. Sometimes we see that an effect might look good and we take it further thinking it will be a great picture instead of only a good picture. But if an effect is too strong, it will ruin the picture completely and in return bring out some unwanted effects like clipped shadows or highlights, solarization, haloing, over-saturation, etc. So to keep things on the right balance, I'll give you five tips on how to avoid over-processing:

1. Don't go overboard with the saturation slider, instead use more of the vibrance slider but with caution.
    2. Sharpen the right way but without introducing noise.
    3. Vignette your photos to add a dramatic effect but don't add too much or else your picture will get darker fast. Just a small touch.
    4. When de-noising your picture, zoom in a lot and watch out for detail loss. Once you see detail loss creeping in, pull back the noise slider.
    5. Everyone loves the clarity slider cause it gives sharpness and contrast but again going too much will make your pictures unrealistic.

I hope the above tips help some of you out. If you do have any questions regarding these tips or if any of you want to add to these, then tag me in this thread and I'll add it to the list ;)

Moving forward, @script send me a few video links from two users on here who shot really nice video using their OnePlus devices. The first video called Into The Wild is from user @maheshksharma90. I love the way he presents nature and its surroundings - so peaceful, calm, full of serenity that it makes my soul find the right balance when I see and hear those wonderful bird chirping sounds! The second video called USA West Coast Road Trip is from user @aurus. This video is completely the opposite of the first, in which it cranks up the muzika, has some funny and crazy moments and in general an awesome road trip experience from @aurus eyes! Thank you very much for sharing guys! Check out the thread which @G_Roshan_Parmar_uhmK created back in January 2018 here with creative videos just like these two!

The final thought that I want to bring to this photography thread is an important one but a sad one at the same time too. Unfortunately, there was a user who got caught manipulating EXIF information in the "Nightscape" contest. You can check out what @Trista W. wrote here.
    Also, the same user got caught downloading a photo from the internet, posting it in the December ShotonOnePlus thread and claimed it was his. You can see for your own eyes here
    I would like to thank @Bouncer71 for his time and effort in catching both users "red handed". A job nicely done!
    We as a community value honesty, hard work, integrity and diversity. I urge everyone to not cheat on contests and anywhere else because you are only cheating yourself. So please, let's be a community where all of us work together and not against each other.

Ready to go? Great! Share your best work with us, and let us know which phone was used and camera settings or filters used as it may help our friends on the forum.
    (ex. OnePlus 5T Stock camera - HDR, OnePlus One - Camera FV5 - iso 100 - 1/6 shutter)

If you are a Community app user, please note that the app will automatically resize your photo. If you are a Community website user, please note that file sizes may be to large to post as size is limited to 2mb in which case you'll have to shrink your image size.
    Photo & Picture Resizer and Snapseed both are great apps from play store to resize photos. Check here to learn more about How to upload photos.

Alright, we're good to go. Can't wait to see your best shots!

Notice: Please note that single photo threads opened elsewhere on the forum will be merged with this thread.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019

2. meatandy Oreo Dec 31, 2018

meatandy, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Congratulations to the new picture thread host.

Pic incoming later.

Happy New Years everyone , I hope you all can celebrate with some delicious delicacies.
    IMG_20181208_162349-3594x2696.jpg
    Shot on op6 , auto settings , image reduced for size.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019

3. script Nougat Moderator Dec 31, 2018

script, Dec 31, 2018 :
    A little too early, i am sure the world will understand. It's all relative.

Happy New Year

4. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 31, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Thanks Andy :)

5. GarageRamen Gingerbread Dec 31, 2018

6. markheloking Eclair Dec 31, 2018

markheloking, Dec 31, 2018 :
    My contribution:
    [​IMG]
    Shot in NL, a typical old Dutch polder bridge in Gouda

Those clouds got me mesmerized

7. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 31, 2018

Which device and what settings did you use?

8. F1541658610212 Eclair Dec 31, 2018

9. TibiTibi Nougat Dec 31, 2018

TibiTibi, Dec 31, 2018 :
    Ultra violets
    Oneplus ONE / fv5 / iso100 / all unedited

2.3s
    DSC_1646_001.jpg

2.6s just example of longer exposure
    DSC_1642_001.jpg

2.3s
    DSC_1640_001.jpg

1s
    DSC_1641_001.jpg

details are preserved with compressor from @hennes

Happy new year
    2018-12-31-22-19-01-02.jpeg
    Not shot on oneplus, just edited on oneplus one in snapseed

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019

10. woSch Marshmallow Dec 31, 2018

11. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 31, 2018

Happy New Year to you too buddy!! All the best for you!!! ;)

12. Jalex_h Froyo Jan 1, 2019

buntycubal, otto2, woSch and 4 others like this.
  13. markheloking Eclair Jan 1, 2019

markheloking, Jan 1, 2019 :
    Oneplus 6, photo, no filter additional tweaks. Full-auto baby

buntycubal, otto2, Bouncer71 and 3 others like this.
  14. yansa_kumar Froyo Jan 1, 2019

15. arafatkhatri Eclair Jan 1, 2019

Attached Files:

16. keybladehero Froyo Jan 1, 2019

17. F_Simone_Della_Schiava Eclair Jan 1, 2019

18. Andrej_Preglej Donut Jan 1, 2019

19. F_Somnath_Mukherjee_Yytl Donut Jan 1, 2019

F_Somnath_Mukherjee_Yytl, Jan 1, 2019 :
    1546337841551.jpg

1546337841939.jpg
    Both Shot on OnePlus 3T using GCam Port. Still has a pretty great camera in comparison to 2019 flagships I guess. Edited using Photoshop Express.

20. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 1, 2019