Shot on OnePlus July: Summer Vibe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Jun 29, 2020

Zach X. , Jun 29, 2020 :
    Rules
    • 1 winner per week, 4 winners per month who will receive the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z
    • State the specific device/ editing software/ hardware (extra lenses)
    • 3 pictures max. per post, 4 posts max. in the whole month
    • All pictures must apply to the theme of #SummerVibe
    • All pictures have to be taken within the past 12 month
    • Terms and Conditions applied. OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.
    • Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited. Users who post pictures that were copied from the internet, or were not taken with an OnePlus device, get a code of conduct warning, plus a reply-ban for the contest for the actual plus the following two months.

Additional Reading
    How Do We Select Winners?
    The pre-selection team
    consists of: @@Bouncer71 , @@cdnfarmer , @@hennes , @@otto2 , @@script , @@TibiTibi , and @@woSch . We check all pictures of the contest, discuss, which we think are the best, and collect them in a separate thread. Then this group of experts, plus OnePlus staff members, go in a second-round through that collection and nominate the 4 or 5 best pictures of the current week. Out of this elite, the final weekly winning picture gets selected. It‘s really a long and careful process.

Finally, the selected picture has to get checked! Therefore it's needed to contact the person that has posted the picture, ask him or her to send in the original uncompressed file, to get the EXIF data checked. Only after that final check the winning picture can be announced in the forum. And again, it's never settle.

2. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Fleming F. , Jul 1, 2020 :
    SOOP July.png
    Dear OnePlus photography enthusiasts,

With half of 2020 already behind us, do you have special memory? For this NEW Shot on OnePlus contest, we're returning to a monthly theme. Without a doubt, when we think of July, #SummerVibe comes to mind.

For me, Summer has always been the season with the most precious memories – bright sunlight, clear sky, breeze over the beach… I have a lot of stories to share with you.

Back in 2018, when I finished the first year study in Journalism & Communication College, I came to Hong Kong and joined the reports of Hong Kong Books’ affairs with my teacher and schoolmates. During the two weeks journey, I saw many famous authors in China, enjoyed lectures by them, and had a small tour of Hong Kong university.

20180720_095006.jpg
    (Sea of Hong Kong)​

After that, I went to a special school for voluntary teaching in Jiangxi province, which children not only study literature classes, but also practice Kungfu. We played with them, lied down on the ground to watch the stars of summer night. Impressive, isn’t it?

20180806_224711s.jpg
    (Galaxy in summer)​

In 2019, I was enrolled in the International scientific survey project of Nanjing University, which gave me a chance to travel to Tokyo, Japan. It was my first experience in a foreign country, and I can’t even speak a word of Japanese. (Lol) One afternoon I went to shoot Tokyo Tower, but lost myself when going back home for the night. In tram stations, I met many kind Japanese, who tried to tell me how to take trams in English, or thorough Google translator. I had to say it was a difficult conservation, but it really warmed me up.

20190728_172152.jpg
    (Tokyo Tower)​

After that, I went to Guizhou province for voluntary teaching again… This time, I saw a splendid waterfall, which was said to be home of Sun Wukong (the Monkey King).

20190804-20190804_134101.jpg
    (Huangguoshu Waterfall)
    Now, in 2020, as you know, I joined OnePlus as a trainee, and have this chance to share my Summer stories with you. I always believe photography is a good way to tell a story, to keep memories.

So, let’s share your summer stories! Anything you cherished in summer, any experience happened in summer is great. A romantic BBQ, fire at night, refreshing drinks …It's OK to post your photos only, but i'll be even better to tell the story behind the picture;).

Important notice: Please keep yourself SAFE when taking photos outside, we wish you will have a delighted and impressive summer time.

3. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 13, 2020

Stickied Post
    Fleming F. , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Winner of the first week

thecursedchild.jpg
    By thecursedchild, Shot on OnePlus 7T Pro Ultra Wide Lens, Processed in Lightroom Mobile.
    Nothing speaks joy like splashing in puddles!

Winner of the second week
    aer0zer0.jpg

By @aer0zer0, Shot on OnePlus 7T
    That picture is from Cayuga lake in Upstate New York, specifically in a town called King Ferry. My friend Jonathan has the lake house we are at, and he is throwing my son Jeremiah into the lake. We called that picture “Rocket Launcher”. We were actually taking turns throwing him out of the water back and forth, he loved it.

Winner of the third week
    Mohan_G(2).jpg
    By @Mohan_G, Shot on OnePlus 7, edited in Mobile Lightroom
    Iso 2000, f1.7& 20sec Infinite focus in manual mode.
    Galaxy in summer​

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 3, 2020 at 9:36 AM

Stickied Post

otto2 likes this.
  5. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Aahhhh!! Was waiting for this thread 😉 Thanks @Fleming F. for hosting this month's photography contest. Amazing theme, would try my best to capture the winning shot😉
    Some cool stories and shots you got there to share with us 😎🔥

6. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 1, 2020

superplus , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Thank you for sharing your lovely summer stories and beautiful shots :blush: All those trips with authors, the survey project, and voluntary teaching sound really wonderful and you have managed to capture those the summer vibes memories very nicely both in images and words!

I'll look forward to learning of some of the warming stories of the community!

Happy summer vibes (even for those in the southern hemisphere)!

agoinfly, sibinn.__, hennes and 13 others like this.
  7. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 1, 2020

script , Jul 1, 2020 :
    A very fine opening post, that promises many beautiful pictures and stories. I'm looking forward to July :)

Great stories, Fleming

8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 1, 2020

9. otto2
    Photography Expert Jul 1, 2020

otto2 , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Hello @Fleming F. great opening post with interesting stories and pictures.

Summer Vibes- great theme, indeed.
    Lets take out our phobnes and shoot a lot of relaxing summer pictures!

10. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 1, 2020

11. BetiK
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2020

BetiK , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 1, 2020 :
    Good luck to everyone who is able to participate. I will pass simply because we are entering winter here. We have had very low temperatures showing us what will come through these coming months.
    We are still having lock out in my city and state.
    Thanks for the great moments when I had chance to have my pictures evaluated. See you next time.

buntycubal, hennes, Bouncer71 and 8 others like this.
  12. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 1, 2020

13. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 1, 2020

14. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jul 2, 2020

TibiTibi , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Hi @Fleming F.,
    Nice to see you are hosting the SOOP of July.

The intro is cool. Good stories.
    Summer is in the air. Enjoy the contest and looking forward for all stories and contest photos.

To all contributors:
    Surpass yourself and surprise us.

buntycubal, hennes, Bouncer71 and 9 others like this.
  15. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 2, 2020

Fleming F. , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Aha, thanks! It's my honor to share with you awesome guys. ;)

16. F1545016244867
    Donut Jul 2, 2020

17. perurpraveen
    Donut Jul 2, 2020

K1542380708364 and Fc København like this.
  18. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jul 2, 2020

cdnfarmer , Jul 2, 2020 :
    sounds like beautiful trips and memories. Nice pictures indeed. As @superplus said, look forward to seeing pictures from the community capturing Summer Vibes.

Bouncer71, hennes, TibiTibi and 4 others like this.
  19. X1588154625719
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

Rajukr and Fleming F. like this.
  20. Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020

21. sel123
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

sel123 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 2, 2020 :
    1593667056621.jpg

1593667056707.jpg

1593667056761.jpg
    I dont know whether I will select or not because you looking outdoor summer view but I have this pic which I took indoor
    I just posted because it's looks nice not to win [e]1f601[/e]

Fc København likes this.