Monthly Shot on OnePlus July

1. script Lollipop Moderator Jul 1, 2018

script, Jul 1, 2018 :
    peoples_pic.jpg
    cover photo taken by @script from here

Hi and hello,

This is our new monthly Shot on OnePlus thread, to hold all your best photos, videos and other media that were taken with your OnePlus phone, as a heir of our greatest Mega photography thread.

What is a picture? First of all, its a selection, a section of the world. This can be something very pretty or cute, something astonishing, an unbelievable close-up that you have never seen before, or a great moment. For me people and good moments are the things I like most, and thats why I choose the cover pic, which I shot myself this time. When I saw the two waitresses sitting there in their break, I did something I usually am too afraid to do: I asked them if I, a stranger, can take a picture of them. I was there with my wife, that might have helped;-) They gave their ok, then I took this pic, edited it into black&white and posted it here. Its one of those few pics I am very happy about. If only I hadn't cut the feet.

So, you can never know when you pass a good moment on the streets, and therefore a smartphone with its camera is a very good comrade.

Have I ever been talking about the missing zoom tele photo lens before? I don´t remember. Hmm. Anyway, a long while ago, in 2014 or 2015, we had the same discussion in this forum, and some member mentioned a method to combine binoculars with a smartphone. In 2016 or 2017 I remembered that post and made my styrofoam binoculars special edition camera extravaganza. You can see the result and a how-to here. It really works! Videos and movies

This monthly post wouldn´t be complete without pointing to a great new thread by @Shivang Joshi , inspired by @Ruby G. (and maybe or maybe not @Cheetosdust ) The idea behind that thread is: learning from the masters. Its simply a must-read. Photography Inspiration - Help inspire others

@NeVeR_SeTTLe´s great OnePlus 6 camera review is still another must-read. He even made an index-post that covers all the chapters he wrote about. Thank you again, mate. You can find it here: [The Lab] NeVeR SeTTLe's OnePlus 6 Review

I want to leave you with some horror. Again it was @NeVeR_SeTTLe who started something special: a thread for editing experiments. Many of the best forum photo enthusiasts are participating. Its just great to see what is possible with only some clicks, software, and the right eyes and ideas. He had posted a normal photo of a stairway and asked to add some horror to it. See what the guys made, its terrific. But: enter at your own risk! Especially @buntycubal ´s pic must be mentioned! Experimental test field

Ready to go? Great! Share your best work with us, and let us know which phone was used and camera settings or filters used as it may help our friends on the forum.
    (ex. OnePlus 5T Stock camera - HDR, OnePlus One - Camera FV5 - iso 100 - 1/6 shutter)

If you are a Community app user, please note that the app will automatically resize your photo. If you are a Community website user, please note that file sizes may be to large to post as size is limited to 2mb in which case you'll have to shrink your image size.
    Photo & Picture Resizer and Snapseed both are great apps from play store to resize photos. Check here to learn more about How to upload photos.

Alright, we're good to go. Can't wait to see your best shots!

Cheers,
    script

Notice: Please note that single photo threads opened elsewhere on the forum will be merged with this thread.

2. script Lollipop Moderator Jul 2, 2018

Stickied Post

3. G_Ashish_John_Gwim Eclair Jul 1, 2018

4. G_Miraj_Kotadiya_iuHH Cupcake Jul 1, 2018

5. father666 Froyo Jul 1, 2018

6. Cade_Gilbert Cupcake Jul 1, 2018

7. G_Ahmed_Rami_bMqf Cupcake Jul 1, 2018

8. naveenummidi Cupcake Jul 1, 2018

Attached Files:

9. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 1, 2018

10. V.Strochkov Cupcake Jul 1, 2018

11. woSch KitKat Jul 1, 2018