Shot on OnePlus - June, 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. script Nougat Moderator May 31, 2018

script, May 31, 2018 :
    Otto2.jpg
    cover photo (op6) taken by @otto2 from here

Hi and hello,

This is our new monthly Shot on OnePlus thread, to hold all your best photos, videos and other media that were taken with your OnePlus phone, as a heir of our greatest Mega photography thread.

Last month the OnePlus 6 has started. We have - again - something really good: the Lab. Well known forum members and human beings have written honest reviews. You can find them here: The Lab - Reviews, collected by @Crystal Z. Its a lot of information, very useful.

Together with @woSch, @hennes and @K3MN1K we thought, without particular order, these reviews are giving a good overview: OnePlus 6 for dummies, the Traveler's Review, Dunnow's review, and the great @NeVeR_SeTTLe, who´s profound camera review will be published hopefully Friday.

Here is an extra index post to all the chapters. It's a jewel! Thx Dom
    [The Lab] NeVeR SeTTLe's OnePlus 6 Review

@woSch found one sentence that sums it all up, from Sachint Goel ... review: 'And I can kinda understand why OnePlus algorithm favors this. With a higher ISO, they can keep the shutter speed pretty fast. After all this is ‘The Speed You Need’ camera, it should be fast. But in pursue of that speed, you end up losing a good amount of detail.'

The picture magician woSch also made this: [Invites Reloaded] , a comparison of similar pics, taken with the op3T and the op5T, always in standard auto settings. All the pics are great, but the pics from the 5 are not greater than the pics from the 3. We will, as soon as I get my op6, meet (we live only in 30 km distance) and do a shoot out with the 6, and the older models. That will be interesting, esp. when I get the 6 in a few weeks and it has already gotten some updates.

That brings me to the next point: the software. Always in the past the OnePlus phones have had a good camera software when they were released, and after a while and some updates, the picture quality improved a lot. After I have seen many pics from the 6 already in London and at the Euro tour, plus in the Lab reviews, I am more than happy about the awesome quality of the pics at this early stage. Don´t get me wrong: Its still not supergreat perfect. But its very very good right from the start, and I am sure, that in a few weeks, and after the feedback from us, the developers will improve the quality again. Also, the new tweaks will reach older phones as soon as possible. I don´t know when. Maybe July?

Last point for today: the hardware. I am not a technician and not a software developer, I work for the german televison in a camera team, and I (sometimes) produce and film rock video clips. From that background I can say, that, besides sensor and software, a good lens makes the picture.

In the past years (my NIKON SLR camera is broken) I took my personal pics and portraits mostly with mobile phones. Sometimes they were ok, sometimes even good. Snapshots. What I never really loved was/ is the wide-angle distortion of the phone lenses, esp. in portraits. Its easier to get sharp pictures with those, but the result is not the best possible. What I would love in a phone is a true telephoto lens as the secondary camera. With that you could get portraits without sw-tweaking, a bokeh without being an effect. I certainly hope that OnePlus will think about adding a telelens to one of the next phones. Yes, the camera bump is a problem. Thankfully I am also not a designer....

A colleague took a portrait of me with his DSLR last week. I posted it in the DSLR-thread from @rarog. There you can see what bokeh and portrait means.

A phone will always remain a phone, with a snapshot camera. Recent OnePlus phones have already a very good camera now, and will get an extremely good camera when the development of hard and software continues. They gave us OIS, a bigger sensor, we had the camera meeting in Hamburg earlier this year, and this Hamburg group is still talking and discussing about camera development with the OnePlus developers and engineers. I know they do what they can to optimize the camera.

Ready to go? Great! Share your best work with us, and let us know which phone was used and camera settings or filters used as it may help our friends on the forum.
    (ex. OnePlus 5T Stock camera - HDR, OnePlus One - Camera FV5 - iso 100 - 1/6 shutter)

If you are a Community app user, please note that the app will automatically resize your photo. If you are a Community website user, please note that file sizes may be to large to post as size is limited to 2mb in which case you'll have to shrink your image size.
    Photo & Picture Resizer and Snapseed both are great apps from play store to resize photos. Check here to learn more about How to upload photos.

Alright, we're good to go. Can't wait to see your best shots!

Cheers,
    script

Notice: Please note that single photo threads opened elsewhere on the forum will be merged with this thread.

2. woSch Marshmallow Jun 1, 2018

woSch, Jun 1, 2018 :
    Wow, thank you @script for this great introduction full of content and promising Information about cam app development!

IMG_20180601_150431-01.jpeg
    OP5T & Snapseed
    (We'll need a bright sunny day together with your OP6 ;) and we'll have a lot of fun)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018

3. J1527827569191 Donut Jun 1, 2018

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018

4. V1525358632128 Cupcake Jun 1, 2018

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018

5. Azeeb_IND Gingerbread Jun 1, 2018

6. otto2 Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

otto2, Jun 1, 2018 :
    Great opening post, maybe we can meet altogetber for some sample pictures and some beer again? Hopefully some other users will join, we could make some photowalks. At moment I m using my New OP6, camera makes good pictures. Sometimes. Pumping autofocus both in Video and Photo Mode and Bad colours in Video low light Mode are some Main issues I hope Oneplus will fix as soon as possible.
    I ll add only some Samples here, way more to come in travel Photography thread soon
    Oneplus 6,Automode,no edits, no filters, stock cam. Location: Saidia, Morocco,. Shot on Oneplus today morning.

IMG_20180601_102920_001.jpg

IMG_20180601_111010_001.jpg

Edit:All pictures compressed with a special app coded by a very special friend.

Sgp717, Reggae, Metall0 and 25 others like this.
  7. cozzmat Honeycomb Jun 1, 2018

Sgp717, Scott_Love93, Reggae and 50 others like this.
  8. script Nougat Moderator Jun 1, 2018

script, Jun 1, 2018 :
    I see a BBQ coming.... Oh Lord, i see it getting nearer....

9. I1509884660159 Donut Jun 1, 2018

10. krish36279 Eclair Jun 1, 2018

11. Mztech Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2018

12. TibiTibi Nougat Jun 1, 2018

13. akshayharlikar Eclair Jun 2, 2018

14. ROHAN VIRKAR Cupcake Jun 2, 2018

Attached Files:

Ketur, blacksoldier6 and KoVeN like this.
  15. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Jun 2, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Jun 2, 2018 :
    Abstract Pictures, but I liked what I clicked :D
    1527913062095.jpg
    Device used: OnePlus 5
    Camera App: Stock Camera App-Pro Mode
    ISO: 125
    Exposure Time: 1/4332
    Aperture: f/1.7
    Editing Software: Adobe Lightroom Mobile
    1527913062687.jpg
    Device used: OnePlus 5
    Camera App: Stock Camera App-Auto Mode
    ISO: 125
    Exposure Time: 1/411
    Aperture: f/2.6
    Editing Software: Adobe Lightroom Mobile

16. sunilandroidnayak Donut Jun 2, 2018

sunilandroidnayak, Jun 2, 2018 :
    1527925361929.jpg
    Device - OnePlus 5
    Camera App - Gcam HDR+ Enhanced Mode
    Edited on - Snapseed
    Shot on - 1st June 2018
    Location - Bangalore

17. woSch Marshmallow Jun 2, 2018

woSch, Jun 2, 2018 :
    at first glimpse it looks like an 'Caspar David Friedrich' oilpainting... great shot :)

18. sunilandroidnayak Donut Jun 2, 2018

19. Jediknight Gingerbread Jun 2, 2018

20. script Nougat Moderator Jun 2, 2018

script, Jun 2, 2018 :
    I thought it's the Sistine Chapel (Sixtinische Kapelle)