Not open for further replies.
  1. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jun 1, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    soopjune3.png

Hello fellow Photomaniacs

Hope you're all safe and doing great!

I'm Bouncer71.
    Proud new member of the voluntary Community Expert Team alongside @cdnfarmer :) We're looking forward to assist in all kinds of photography aspects besides the preselection of possible contest winners!
    Like all the other Experts/Mods that have been helping you in Starting Point, OnePlusTV and all around the forum!
    You're awesome! :)

I joined the community November 2018. OnePlus 3 in my hands. Wasn't impressed by the camera but it didn't take long that I found some threads about Smartphone Photography that seemed to prove me wrong.
    Started participating in Guess the Pic and found that it was better than I thought.
    Started exploring the possibilities of the various modes including Pro-Mode to see if it could compete with my "real" cameras.
    I reported my findings with various tutorials and in photography related threads.
    The phone isn't an DSLR but it can be used almost the same way.;)
    This 2.5 years were like an unbelievable dream come true.
    SOOP Winner, OnePlus7Pro Sample Photographer, Photography Expert Team, now Community Expert and all along I made friends on- and offline, way too many to tag here.:D
    That tops everything!! 🙂
    Love you Gals and Guys:hearteyes:

Enough of me. Now welcome to this Month's Shot on OnePlus.

#PetPics
    (June, 1st - June, 7th)​

IMG_20200418_185837.jpg
    By @otto2, Shot on OnePlus 7 Pro, Ricco is a beauty:eek:

Here it's gonna get cute or…? :)
    We all love pets, don't we…?
    I love dogs, unfortunately due to lack of time I don't have one anymore :(
    But that's another story.

This is for all you pet owner out there…
    Cats, dogs, snakes, hamsters, mice, Spiders, mantis, whatever…
    A great photo is not just a click of your pet. Shoot a portrait, in action, in a beautiful scenery, etc. and watch out for the background...
    Show us your best photo of the living being you take care for!

Hashtags: #ShotOnOnePlus #OnePlus(Device) #Petpics

#GetClose
    (June, 8th - June, 14th)​

thumbnail1.jpg
    by @G_Bédouin_Axel_vZuV, Shot on OnePlus 8 Pro

Get a little closer this time and explore the macro world…
    And I don't mean the microscopic small print on the back of a contract… ;)
    A black dot on a plant could be a tiny insect, moss looking like a forrest, see details beyond what your naked eyes can see and maybe surprise us with stylish shots that makes everyone wonder what it is… ;)

Use Macro Mode of your device or Add-on lens but this must be stated in your post…
    Best distance for macros on OP8Pro = 3cm, OP8 = 4cm and OP7T = 2,5cm ….
    Since your phone is very close to the subject, possibly casting a shadow, make sure that there's enough light available. E.g. the sun or a flashlight from the sides...

Hashtags: #ShotOnOnePlus #OnePlus(Device) #GetClose

#GoUltraWide
    (June, 15th - June, 21st)​

IMG_20190714_134526__01.jpg
    By Me ;), Shot on OnePlus 7 Pro, Rovinj, Croatia

Wandering in narrow streets, want to get more into the frame or are you out for some space bending looks..? Ultrawide is the way to go… ;)

Make sure not everything in the scene has the same distance to the camera. Look for leading lines or a subject closer to the camera to create depth. Be careful with portraits! Results could be quite unflattering... ;)

Use the Ultrawide Camera of your OnePlus. If an Add-on Lens was used this must again be stated in your post...

Hashtags: #ShotOnOnePlus #OnePlus(Device) #GoUltraWide

#NightSeries
    (June, 22nd - June, 30th)​

WechatIMG145.jpeg
    By Me ;), Shot on OnePlus 7 Pro, Cologne, Germany

Nights out in the city do not only promise fun but also offer opportunity for some cool photos…
    A question...Who of you always has a tripod at hand for some long exposures with your phone?
    Please raise your hands…
    Oh, all three of you…? Thought so… ;)
    Don't hesitate…NightScape is here for the rescue..

For best results capture the lights of the night don't try to turn pitch black darkness into daylight...

If you do want to go for manual settings in Pro-Mode it must be stated in your Post and don't forget the shot has to resemble the Nightscape theme...

Hashtags: #ShotOnOnePlus #OnePlus(Device) #NightSeries

Useful Links

Compress Photos with YaImCo
    How to Upload Photos

Last month's thread
    Photography Tutorials
    Google Cam Ports
    Link Collection by @script
    Rule of Thirds

New: PHOTO+ "Rethink the photo"

Anything else…?
    I guess not...
    So that's a Wrap friends...
    And now go and shoot some beautiful photos of your pets…

Yours Bouncer71… :)

@script will feed you with the rules in the following post…

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2020

2. script
    Nougat Moderator Jun 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    script , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Important News

This month, we have some great changes in the contest.
    • OnePlus photographers now can join the Shot on OnePlus not only from the forum but also from other official OnePlus social media channels including Twitter/Instagram/Facebook. They have the same themes - and (on paper) the same chances to win. (I expect our forum members to be better. Agreed?)
    • Three weekly winners will be selected among entries from all the above channels, instead of only one!!
    • All winning pictures will be presented on the forum.
    • You can post your pictures in the contest thread just as before. You also could post your photos on the social media channels. But that won't increase your chances to win.
    • The preselection of the best forum pictures will still be done, as before, by the expert team. In addition to that, the extra pictures from the social media channels will be judged by a panel of judges, including the OnePlus Community Manager, the OnePlus Camera Product Manager, The OnePlus Marketing Manager, and the usual staff members. So, the photographers and their work are in extremely good hands as the level of the judges is very high.
    • For those who join the contest via social media, make sure you include all the hashtag of #ShotonOnePlus, and your device corresponding Hashtag e.g. #OnePlus8, #OnePlus8Pro, #OnePlus7, and the weekly topic (key message) e.g. #Petpics
    Example: #ShotonOnePlus #OnePlus8 #Petpics

Contest Rules
    • 3 pictures max. per post, 4 posts max. in the whole month
    • All pictures must follow the weekly changing conditions!!!
    • All pictures have to be taken within the current month, maximum is the last week of May!!!!
    • State the specific device/ editing software/ hardware (extra lenses)
    • OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.
    • Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited. Users who post pictures that were copied from the internet, or were not taken with an OnePlus device, get a code of conduct warning, plus a reply-ban for the contest for the actual plus the following two months.
    • Terms and Conditions applied.

Additional info
    • SOOP is a monthly contest with a new theme every month. Currently subdivided into 4 weekly themes.
    • 3 winners per week, 12 winners per month who will all receive the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z.
    • Winners will also get the opportunity to be featured in an official OnePlus calendar, or a postcard, or even in an Addition magazine.

The pre-selection team consists of: @Bouncer71 , @cdnfarmer , @hennes , @otto2 , @script , @TibiTibi , and @woSch . We check all pictures of the contest, discuss, which we think are the best, and collect them in a separate thread. Then this group of experts, plus OnePlus staff members, go in a second round through that collection and nominate the 4 or 5 best pictures of the current week. Out of this elite the final weekly winning picture gets selected. Its really a long and careful process.

Finally, the selected picture has to get checked! Therefore it's needed to contact the person that has posted the picture, ask him or her to send in the original uncompressed file, to get the EXIF data checked. Only after that final check the winning picture can be announced in the forum. And again, it's never settle.

3. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Jun 12, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Winner of the first Week

plalaa_.jpg
    By @plalaa_, "Bird gazing"; Shot on OnePlus 7T, edited with Oxygen OS' built-in photo editor.
    Here's my photogenic cat, Anton. He's always busy watching birds and neighbours walking by.​

cdnfarmer_secondchancesImready.jpg
    By @cdnfarmer, "Second chances: I'm ready"; Shot on OnePlus 6, Cropped in gallery (where needed). Compressed with YaImCo.
    Story behind the name: The dog is a rescue, she is with me and often patiently waiting while I take pictures. She is always on the lookout for any birds or squirrels and ready to move as I do (and sometimes when there are interesting things out there)😅.​

IMG_20200531_142123-01.jpg
    By @light.them.lamps from Instagram, "Portrait of Goku"; Shot on Oneplus 6T, edited with Lightroom and Snapseed.​

Winner of the Second Week
    1.jpg

By @blueskywhale; Shot on OnePlus 5T; Edited with Lightroom Mobile​

2.jpg
    By @Muralidharan.V; Shot on OnePlus 7T

20200624-mobi__captures__.jpg
    By @mobi__captures__ from Instagram; "Water Drop Reflection"; Shot on OnePlus 3T; Edited with Lightroom

Winner of the Third Week
    thecursedchild.jpg

By @thecursedchild, Shot on OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T Pro
    A walk with the nature.

jjlakomiec2.jpg
    By @jjlakomiec, Shot On OnePlus 7 pro, Edit and crop in Lightroom.

flicks.nt.jpg
    By @flicks.nt, Shot on Oneplus 7 pro
    Winner of the Last Week
    MrinalJyoti.jpg

By @MrinalJyoti, Shot on OnePlus8, Edited on Snapseed, Lightroom mobile
    Ray of hope

RaWeera2.jpg
    By @RaWeera, Shot on OnePlus 6T, Cropped and color adjusted in Snapseed
    Star Trails.

casperawh.jpg
    By @casperawh, Shot on OnePlus 7T, Edits with Adobe Lightroom
    Symmetry of trains.​

4. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2020

5. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Jun 1, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Another exciting month starting!! Thank you @Bouncer71 for hosting this month and congrats! :D

Also thank you to the whole team (you know who you are ;)) for all the hard work you do month after month tirelessly.

Enjoy shooting everyone!! :cool:

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 1, 2020

YRJ , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Everytime I see this picture I love it even more! :hearteyes:

Congratulations, on the new SOoP month @Bouncer71
    Looking forward to a lot more amazing pics. Great themes, let's see if I can join in the fun too :)

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 1, 2020

YRJ , Jun 1, 2020 :
    The picture is absolutely stunning!
    However, this thread is dedicated only to pictures shot on OnePlus devices, hence the name - SOoP (shot on OnePlus)

You can post in other threads in the photography section.

Cheers!

8. R1579792855013
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2020

10. BetiK
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

BetiK , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Hi everyone!
    Great themes.
    About the date of the photos, should they have been taken recently?
    Thanks

Bouncer71, otto2, script and 3 others like this.
  11. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Congratulations @Bouncer71 for hosting this month's thread 😍😍 Looking forward to participate.
    Well for the first pic I don't really have a pet 🙈 So I guess I will be chasing animals from the streets to take a shot with 😂🙈

WoM123, Bouncer71, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  13. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Lol [e]1f602[/e]. Go for it! [e]1f44d[/e]

Bouncer71, otto2, jlasensiofi and 2 others like this.
  14. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Sure thing😂😂😂

15. bagufix
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

16. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Let me hire Kisu 🐕🐾 for 1 hour. [e]1f61c[/e]. Ask her for some wonderful pics.

Venky61, Bouncer71, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  18. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 1, 2020

Bouncer71, otto2, MosheG1 and 2 others like this.
  20. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Can I borrow Kisuuu? 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

21. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jun 1, 2020 :
    [e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e][e]1f61c[/e]