Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert May 1, 2020

TibiTibi , May 1, 2020 :
    1.png

Welcome shutterbugs 📸 in May!

May your OnePlus be with you.

With the #StayAtHome in our mind we have again prepared for you 4 different themes - one for each week of May. Each of theme #1, #2 ,#3 will last 7 days, theme #4 will last till end of the month.

You already know that this is a contest so try to surpass yourself and surprise us.
    Be active, be creative, open your eyes and mind, imagine, master your camera and push the button to capture the winning photo.

Quiz
    : what is this?

the-rule-of-thirds-2.jpg

Some of the themes are quite personal. So don't forget to ✍️ write a short story about the captured object or composition. It would be nice and helpful.

______ Weekly themes of May ______

Ended #1 (1st - 7th)
    Nostalgia

Ended #2 (8th - 14th)
    Mirrors

Ended #3 (15st - 21th)
    My Hobby

Active #4 (22st - 31th)
    👉 Plants 👈
    Check the deadline

______ Tips & examples ______

#1 Nostalgia
    Nostalgia is a sentimentality for the past, typically for a period, person, item or place with happy personal associations.
    Look around and capture it. Find something from past years and share its story.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg PSX_20200429_145504.jpg
    Play with perspectives
    My story: I miss times of my road trips. This magnets and postcards brings back those times to me.

1289207-1848ac94a88235e90cece013873429bb.jpg
    The story: When I see this 70 years old bag I remember my ...

#2 Mirrors
    Mirrors reflect the world but could also change it as well as distort it. Combining mirrors could create multiplied reflections.
    Do not forget to remove the dust. The mirrors reveal it as you can see here:

PSX_20200429_162930.jpg
    Mirrored scene, when you check the background you can see... a puzzle

#3 My Hobby
    This is a wide open area. Present your hobby or result of the hobby in a creative way. Show us your passion for something unique (or ordinary just show it in unique way). The story is more then mandatory 🤔.

My story:
    One of my hobby is constructing. So as the example here i have selected a similar photo as above - I have just adjusted the light in a room and used longer exposure - with respect to dark knight i have made it almost black - crispy).

PSX_20200429_162954.jpg
    Dark movie mood
    Read the whole One good thing

In free time I'm helping paint trail markers which helps tourists to get to their destination. This hobby combines a lot of activities.

10293841_10201878182256541_2733728839954019178_o.jpg
    This trail marker will be not ordinary 🤔

Another story:
    Have you ever wondered what it is like to be a farmer during harvest (one of the busiest times of year)? We have a small mixed farm (grain and livestock).
    Read the whole Photostory: Show your hobbies or passions. Check the story of @cdnfarmer and that thread for inspiration.

873112-8c369b1396052a1d8c2fcff4d6f5f41e.jpg 873121-755881aabdbd6d23287e7859f2b9fac9_1.jpg 873125-1a8bcdfad672c63bdd5bdd47d900523b_1.jpg

#4 Plants
    A living thing with leafs, stem and roots...
    They could feed us, heel us, produce oxygen, decorate... mostly.

To nicely capture a plant for contest purposes you need to play with the perspective, light conditions, depth of field, framing and apply known photographic rules. To improve skills I would recommend to take a lot of captures and then critically select the best one. Tell us the your idea you have selected that photo.

These 3 plants were captured by @woSch
    d560ed11-85b9-45a0-8371-4c237b357a8c.jpg 40c85cef-9bc6-4e57-a6eb-e6904981f2fd.jpg 1efa0776-fffe-4ab1-8f25-26742221e693.jpg
    Not typical perspective to capture a ficus 🤔
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg

_____ General tips _____
    - Take more photos from different perspectives, then select the best one
    - Balance the content - you can crop your photo to improve the composition
    - Find the best time to capture the photo - low sun (around sunrise and sunset) could be a solution.

Let me present you the PHOTO+ "Rethink the photo"
    thread full of real life hints.

_____ Useful links _____

➡️ Compress photos with Yaimco (see the HOWTO too)
    ➡️ Last month's contest: Shot on OnePlus April: StayAtHome
    and the 🏆 Winners
    ➡️ Google Cam Ports for Oneplus
    ➡️ The Rule of Thirds
    ➡️ 🆕 Link Collection by @script 🐿️
    ➡️ HOWTO Upload photos (browser version)
    by @TibiTibi ( 👉😱👈 it's me )​

Good luck 🤞 and enjoy the May
    PS: #StayAtHome, Follow the rules of the SoOP contest and check the prize in the following posts.

Last edited: May 22, 2020

2. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member May 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , May 1, 2020 :
    Winner of the First Week
    by @Narcyz7, Shot on OnePlus 6; Edited in Adobe Photoshop​
    Coming back to your childhood room brings back a lot of memories.
    There is something that makes it different from the rest of your childhood house. Maybe it's because you spent so much time in there and all your things have different memories attached to them. When I look at my childhood room and all the stuff I collected when I was a child, I can remember what I felt like in every single one of those moments.​
    [​IMG]

Winner of the Second Week
    1301485-6aea41433b4abeb0ffbf86a719427bba.jpg
    By @G_Sourav_Thakur_IIax; Shot on OnePlus 6; Edited with Lightroom

Winner of the Third Week
    1.jpg

By @mchaw; Shot on OnePlus 7 Pro; Edited with with Photoshop
    I love to read books. Reading before bedtime relaxes me. If a book is a pager-turner then I could be up very late; if the story gets tedious then it puts me to sleep very quickly. Either way, I see lots benefits of reading a book before bedtime.

Winner of the Forth Week
    winner of soop may, sweet_ivy.jpg
    By @Sweet_Ivy, Shot with OnePlus 7T in the garden, edited with snapseed and YaImC.
    Booming lilac with impressive color:hearteyes:

3. script
    Nougat Moderator May 2, 2020

Stickied Post
    script , May 2, 2020 :
    Contest Rules
    • 3 pictures max. per post, 4 posts max. in the whole month
    • All pictures must follow the weekly changing conditions!!!
    • All pictures have to be your own work and have to be taken with a OnePlus device
    • All pictures have to be taken within the current month, maximum is the last week of April!!!!
    • State the specific device/ editing software/ hardware (extra lenses)
    • Photos should not be published previously anywhere. OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.
    • Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited. Users who post pictures that were copied from the internet, or were not taken with an OnePlus device, get a code of conduct warning, plus a reply-ban for the contest for the actual plus the following two months.

Additional info
    • SOOP is a monthly contest with a new theme every month. Currently subdivided into 4 weekly themes.
    • 1 winner per week, 4 winners per month who will all receive the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z.
    • Final winner will be selected through public voting on Twitter. The final winning picture will be sticked on top of the OnePlus Twitter account.
    • Winners will also get the opportunity to be featured in an official OnePlus calendar, or a postcard, or even in an Addition magazine.

The pre-selection team consists of: @Bouncer71 , @cdnfarmer , @hennes , @otto2 , @script , @TibiTibi , and @woSch . We check all pictures of the contest, discuss, which we think are the best, and collect them in a separate thread. Then this group of experts, plus OnePlus staff members, go in a second round through that collection and nominate the 4 or 5 best pictures of the current week. Out of this elite the final weekly winning picture gets selected. Its really a long and careful process.

Finally, the selected picture has to get checked! Therefore its needed to contact the person that has posted the picture, ask him or her to send in the original uncompressed file, to get the EXIF data checked. Only after that final check the winning picture can be announced in the forum. And again, its never settle.

4. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member May 14, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , May 14, 2020 :
    Congratulations on winning the first week of May SoOP!

5. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member May 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , May 22, 2020 :
    Congratulations on winning the second week of SoOP!

6. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member May 28, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , May 28, 2020 :
    Congratulations on winning the third week of Shot on OnePlus!

7. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jun 8, 2020

Stickied Post
    Fleming F. , Jun 8, 2020 :
    Congratulations! This photo is the last week winner of May SOOP! I really appreciate the awesome color and beautiful flowers. ;)

TibiTibi, Batman360, aj2989 and 6 others like this.
  8. Batman360
    KitKat May 1, 2020

Batman360 , May 1, 2020 :
    Another perfect competition for this month. 😍 Thanks @TibiTibi ! Also thanks captain @script for the additional info. My entries would be coming soon and I promise to participate in all the weeks🙈

9. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer May 1, 2020

YRJ , May 1, 2020 :
    I like the 4 themes a month concept! Looking forward to the entries. Congratulations to the team and @B.I.T.S. on success of last SOoP :)

10. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 1, 2020

11. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 May 1, 2020

B.I.T.S. , May 1, 2020 :
    Very interesting 4 themes! I'll put my brain to work :cool:

Thank you @TibiTibi!! (And all the awesome team).

Thank you ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

12. fragargon
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2020

fragargon , May 1, 2020 :
    It's a challenging concept. Since the OnePlus phone has good photographic physical properties...
    It would be interesting to master the camera software in order to take the best pictures and take advantage of the expert advice in this forum.

********************​

As adviced by @TibiTibi in the post #20 I update it.
    And now TibiTibi, what are you thinking of?
    So here is the pictures taken today shot with OP8pro
    Two of them where edited with Gimp, a powerfull open-source software picture edition
    The edited pictures have been saved with exif info.

******************************************​

Nostalgia leads time to times to walk around places we used to go.
    It's not that far from home, just around the corner, and well-known by people living here
    (this pic has been taken with OP8pro, filter embedded and edited with Gimp)

[​IMG]

We used to choice toegether our playing spot in this parc. They are plenty of them
    We hadden spent so many hours in our spots, enjoy our spare time toegether.
    (this pic has been taken with OP8pro, no filter, no editing)

[​IMG]

There was one thing which upseted me with its habits.
    He used to leave the toys lying in the ground, spread everywhere in our spot's area.
    Honestly that doesn't matter as we were happy, After all, he's the one who took them in.
    (this pic has been taken with OP8pro, Bokeh mode and editing with Gimp)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2020

13. hennes
    YaImCo Developer May 1, 2020

14. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 1, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 1, 2020 :
    great themes @TibiTibi and congrats on hosting this month.

As @hennes said thanks to the team and look forward to all the shutterbugs sharing their Best pictures related to the theme this month.

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 1, 2020

16. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 1, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 1, 2020 :
    All what @hennes said...!
    As the Team also includes you...

Thanks a ton also to @hennes... ;)

So fellow Photomaniacs...

Now go out there...
    erm...
    StayAtHome and shoot some amazing photos... :D

17. Starcommander
    Lollipop May 1, 2020

Starcommander , May 1, 2020 :
    I will definitely try to participate in this as I love being nostalgic.
    A question :
    Can nostalgia be a picture taken from OnePlus in past or it needs to be a product taken in this month or recently?

18. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 May 1, 2020

19. script
    Nougat Moderator May 1, 2020

script , May 1, 2020 :
    Glad that you like our themes. We, as usual, collected them as team, together with @Zach X. , discussed and selected a choice, and Tibi finally put it all together, picked his 4 favorites, and made the great descriptions. Also the sample pics are coming from the team. Tibi and Zach made the final cut:)

Enjoy, Script

20. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 1, 2020

22. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert May 1, 2020

TibiTibi , May 1, 2020 :
    The answer is in @script post with rules - the fourth rule 👈:)

23. Aadeshc
    Honeycomb May 1, 2020

Aadeshc , via OnePlus 6 , May 1, 2020 :
    thank you oneplus team for such themes and competitions this really helps to push the limits try and explore new things.soop has really helped to think out of the box and to work out of the comfort zone..

24. Starcommander
    Lollipop May 1, 2020