Shot on OnePlus May: StayAtHome #Plants

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 21, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 21, 2020 :
    :):) no wonder it is something a person can keep with through the years! makes me want to go for a bike ride. ;)

welcome. :)

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. Insects can be tricky. @woSch and @TibiTibi have been inspirations with all their wonderful macro pictures.

Definitely, it is hard to capture those insects.. some are a bit more cooperative than others. ;) There are some butterflies around here that allows us to get close and hang out for a few minutes while others just keep moving. Honestly, Pro Mode is key. I don't have external lens either. Focus on macro (flower) and have to find the right distance then crop. For those that move more, I move the focus a bit away from the flower so the phone can be a bit further away. It has it's pros and cons. Alot of it is taking many pictures and from different angles. Keep taking those pictures. ;):)

jlasensiofi, otto2, hennes and 5 others like this.
  2. L1577090123271
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

L1577090123271 , via OnePlus 6 , May 21, 2020 :
    My Hobby: Photography & Writing captions related to it.. ;)

My Story:
    Writing being my core hobby when combined with clicked photos gives fodder to my brain to write captions in a certain way, which will express photos in more Unique and Expressive way.

Photos Caption:
    Those are the evenings where your thoughts contemplate with the resonance produced by the setting sun. The ideas and imaginations run wild like untamed Horses. By looking at the artist who paints its canvas with the details as tiny and beautiful as a hummingbird. The essence of the art its intricity and the gravity pulls you into the different world altogether. Lost in its story, you sit there like a child watching miracles Unfold !

Device: OnePlus 6
    Software: Snapseed

1590084578921.jpg

1590084974064.jpg

1590084997603.jpg

buntycubal, BetiK and Ketki Badalwar like this.
  3. mchaw
    Froyo May 21, 2020

mchaw , May 21, 2020 :
    Thank you for the tips. I will definitely practice more.

script, woSch, TibiTibi and 1 other person like this.
  4. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 21, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 21, 2020 :
    Looking forward to it. The 7 Pro is a great device. And lots of potential.

lots of dedication and hard work.

5. Monikagoyal00
    Gingerbread May 21, 2020

Monikagoyal00 , May 21, 2020 :
    Hey All members of One plus Family. Its being really a tough week because of the tough theme. I was thinking all the time How to capture your hobby ? But thats good One plus is keeping us busy in this situation at home.
    So After so much thinking process and efforts I clicked some pictures which are not good as others but I am gonna post them.

#Hobby

1) Dancing : Dance is the hiddne language of our soul - Martha Graham

I really love to do dance. It makes you happy and free from inside. When you dance you almost forget all your problems , your sadness, your sorrow. It just an amazing feeling when you dance freely like nobody is watching. So here are my picture for Dance :

IMG_20200520_174906-02_001.jpg

2) Sketching : A sketch is a day keep the dullness away.
    Its very true Whenever you get bored or dull or sad or weak just get a paper and a pencil and do some sketching. It makes you feel light and happy. I always do sketching whenever I get bored. Here is my Picture of sketching and Yes don't judge my drawing !! 😉

IMG_20200521_180124_001.jpg
    IMG_20200521_173256__02 (2)_001.jpg

Its being a very tough week for photography but I enjoyed. I hope you guys like it.
    Captured in Op6
    Pro mode
    Editing in Lightroom and snapseed
    No Extra lense used.

6. Batman360
    KitKat May 21, 2020

Batman360 , May 21, 2020 :
    Just updated my entry for hobby. All kind of feedbacks are welcome 😊

7. Susmita.Jamdade
    Eclair May 21, 2020

Susmita.Jamdade , May 21, 2020 :
    Hi!
    This week's theme was definitely a head scratcher, trying to figure out how and which hobbies to capture! Really wanted to represent singing in my photos but didn't really get to it by the end.
    I've updated 2 photos this time. Check it out! :)

script and woSch like this.
  8. Narcyz7
    Eclair May 21, 2020

Narcyz7 , May 21, 2020 :
    Hi Everyone,

Please see below my 3 pictures for Hobby Theme.

My hobby is reading books. This is what happens when you open a book. The experience of reading a book is always unique. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Reading removes us from the structure of our lives, from the routine, the sequential habits of our day-to-day living. We enter instead another time zone. We read to send us to sleep dreaming of different sunsets and boulevards, oceans and bogs. Why don't you grab a book and start reading?

Photo taken using my OnePlus 6. Stock camera. Edited in Adobe Photoshop Express.
    PSX_20200521_131202_compress24.jpg

My second hobby is dancing. As far as I can remember about my childhood, I have always loved to dance. I have memories of dancing on my dadds feet when I was a little girl. Since that time dance is inseparable part of my life.

Photo taken using my OnePlus 6. Stock camera. Edited in Adobe Photoshop Express.
    PSX_20200520_112104_compress90.jpg

My last (but not least) hobby is fishing. It is the perfect hobby for kicking back and reflecting on your life."Freedom” is what you experience when you go fishing. A calm and quiet place is enticing to bring a change from my busy life. Fishing is not just a hobby, it is inner peace. (Please note: no fish were harmed during photoshoot 😂).

Photo taken using my OnePlus 6. Stock camera. Edited in Lightroom.
    IMG_20200520_192506_compress65.jpg

9. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member May 22, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , May 22, 2020 :
    Congratulations on winning the second week of SoOP!

10. DarshanSMeniya
    Honeycomb May 22, 2020

DarshanSMeniya , via OnePlus 6 , May 22, 2020 :
    congratulations

11. aj2989
    Honeycomb May 22, 2020

aj2989 , via OnePlus 6 , May 22, 2020 :
    Wow you've even managed to make it Monica OCD approved![e]1f44d[/e]😎 Even Chandler had trouble putting it back together after cleaning the apartment [e]1f602[/e]

Great job! You should do Central Perk next! [e]1f60a[/e]

script, TibiTibi, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  12. woSch
    Photography Expert May 22, 2020

13. Ketki Badalwar
    Donut May 22, 2020

Ketki Badalwar , May 22, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot.. It takes lot of time to put everything in the same place as shown in her apartment 😅 Yes, central perk is also in my bucket list.

14. aj2989
    Honeycomb May 22, 2020

15. script
    Nougat Moderator May 22, 2020

script , May 22, 2020 :
    Congratulations, great pic.

TibiTibi, jlasensiofi, otto2 and 4 others like this.

16. TibiTibi, Bouncer71 and aj2989 like this.

17. Bouncer71 likes this.
  18. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 22, 2020

Venky61 , May 22, 2020 :
    Congratulations :) That's a great shot and kudos to your kid for the enthusiasm ;)

19. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 22, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 22, 2020 :
    Congrats on winning the Mirror week SoOP. Great picture. The love expression on your child face. Must have been an interesting photo shoot. :)

script, TibiTibi, jlasensiofi and 4 others like this.
  20. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 22, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 22, 2020 :

The third theme is over. I hope it was hard and challenging 😃
    Thank you for all the entries and the nice words.

The next one could be simple. The theme is
    Plants

Let me repeat my words from the intro.
    Plant is a living thing with leafs, stem and roots...
    They could feed us, heel us, produce oxygen, decorate... mostly.
    To nicely capture a plant for contest purposes you need to play with the perspective, light conditions, depth of field, framing and apply known photographic rules. To improve skills I would recommend to take a lot of captures and then critically select the best one. Tell us the your idea you have selected that photo.

Keep creativity and advanced technics 👈
    Repeat these steps until you are satisfied:
    • Imagine the photo, walk around
    • Capture it.
    • Check it.
    Follow the contest rules 😷

Have a nice rest of may 🖖

For some inspirations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    from @TibiTibi