Monthly Shot on OnePlus November

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. script Marshmallow Moderator Oct 31, 2018

script, Oct 31, 2018 :
    november_tibi.jpg
    cover photo taken by @TibiTibi from here

Hi and Hello,

This is our new monthly Shot on OnePlus thread, to hold all your best photos, videos and other media that were taken with your OnePlus phones.

Edit: just found this contest about celebrating night photography: Shot on OnePlus: Night scape - Rediscover the Beauty in the Dark

Last month' thread: Shot on OnePlus October

Compression app: [APP] YaImCo - Yet another Image Compressor

Google Cam ports thread: Google Cam Ports for OnePlus 3/T, 5/T and 6

What is a photo? Balance! Maybe the whole thing with art itself has to do with balance. Maybe because life itself is not in balance, but we all are looking for something stable all the time. Yin and yang. A good story gets all people's life's in a new balance after all the adventures, a good song gives us often the feeling to end in balance, and so are many good pictures in a balance. And, some of the pics we shoot are not in balance, and you see that something is wrong right away. The pic above is in balance, in a very clever way. The dark branches on the right are balancing the sun on the left out. Its wonderful. Pictures that use plain symmetry can easily be boring, better is to compose your frame in a dynamic way. Place something on one side, and place a counterpart on the other side.

Camera-wise we have many many super interesting threads at the moment. This one: Ask our Software Team: Part 3 – Camera, this one: Kevin Abosch on the art of Portrait Photography and OnePlus. and this: The OnePlus Approach to Photography. All of them worth to read.

Yes, we all know that there are complains about the OnePlus camera app. Users say, that after this or that update the picture quality got worse. Hmm. I must say, I am not convinced that this is always true. I can see many very good photos in the monthly threads, taken with different phones, whereas in those complain threads I don´t see many true pics. Many of the few bad examples that are shown there simply were taken in a bad way, the people stand inside with artificial light, in front of a window with sunlight behind their head. Yes, that setting leads to a mediocre picture. Or people take pics and use digital zoom, which also destroys the quality. Or the pics use the "beauty mode" which also can lead to a not-so-beautiful picture. Hmm. On the other hand I have to be honest: I still use an older software version on my op6, not the newest one. My pics and videos are often good. I just haven´t had the time to update my phone, haha. Or am I afraid to do it?

I give a promise here and now: I will take pics with the old version, then update, and take almost the same picture then. Okay?

We have the OnePlus 6T now. Here is one great photo that was taken with it:

005_001.jpg

The original pic had 8 MB, this one has 1.7 MB and was compressed with the famous yaimco compression app, see the link above. Yes, this is a good picture. And yes, when we try this at home, we seldom get a pic of that quality. Sample pics taken under very good conditions by very good photographers. I suggest, visit this November monthly thread often. Surely you will find many op6T pics from forum members in the next few days.

Also, I am very interested in the studio lighting tech. I still don´t fully understand what that is, what it does, and whether I can disable it or not. I read in the Open Beta thread by @Manu J. that it is always on when the camera detects a human face. Hmmmmmm, I am not sure that I am a fan of this, to be honest. Being a person that likes to control a picture, I like to have those decisions left to me and my own intelligence. Lets see what it does in reality. As far as I understand, the studio lighting does not affect pictures that are taken in manuel (pro) mode. Hey, here I see my option.

Ready to go? Great! Share your best work with us, and let us know which phone was used and camera settings or filters used as it may help our friends on the forum.
    (ex. OnePlus 5T Stock camera - HDR, OnePlus One - Camera FV5 - iso 100 - 1/6 shutter)

If you are a Community app user, please note that the app will automatically resize your photo. If you are a Community website user, please note that file sizes may be to large to post as size is limited to 2mb in which case you'll have to shrink your image size.
    Photo & Picture Resizer and Snapseed both are great apps from play store to resize photos. Check here to learn more about How to upload photos.

Alright, we're good to go. Can't wait to see your best shots!

Cheers,
    script

Notice: Please note that single photo threads opened elsewhere on the forum will be merged with this thread.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018

2. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 31, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Oct 31, 2018 :
    Probably the month where we'll get some shot on OnePlus 6T pictures :D

Edit: Porting some of the images from the Review to this thread :D

All the images are taken on the OnePlus 6T in Auto Mode. These are unedited images and no external lens have been used to capture them.

OnePlus 6T Camera Test 11.jpg

OnePlus 6T Camera Test 14.jpg

OnePlus 6T Camera Test 22.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018

3. devdipta Froyo Nov 1, 2018

4. X1541046299539 Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

5. Lone Aamir Eclair Nov 1, 2018

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

6. TibiTibi Lollipop Nov 1, 2018

TibiTibi, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Nice and wise opening @script :)
    Thank you for your work to keep the photothread running and for the cover photo.

Many times other members are asking about camera settings because they want to shoot similar photo.
    There are also other parameters. Day time, day light, sun position, weather... you can not set on camera.

Yesterday I shoot the same scene as the cover photo - now without branches. I have forget to put some object to the frame.

This was just 5 minutes after sunset. But the result is quite different.
    It was a clear sky with just some airplane trails.
    The color tones and gradation is much different.
    It looks too simple in the upper part but i like here how the sun light disappears and paints a soft gradient.

DSC_1068_001.jpg
    Unedited: Oneplus one / fv5 / yaimco

This is the shortest path to upload unedited hires photo.
    Thank you @hennes

7. Narasimha Rao Gopaluni Donut Nov 1, 2018

Attached Files:

8. TibiTibi Lollipop Nov 1, 2018

9. Narasimha Rao Gopaluni Donut Nov 1, 2018

10. Q1532286824627 Donut Nov 1, 2018

buntycubal and hennes like this.
  11. Q1532286824627 Donut Nov 1, 2018

12. Narasimha Rao Gopaluni Donut Nov 1, 2018

13. Q1532286824627 Donut Nov 1, 2018

14. antonio koul Eclair Nov 1, 2018

15. hennes KitKat Nov 1, 2018

hennes, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Thank you, I was happy to do that for you.
    Actually I wanted to release the new beta version after the release and the purchase of a Oneplus 6T, so that I can test the new version on a device, and not always only in a virtual environment, with these screen dimensions. Now that the 6T doesn't convince me, I will release the new beta version in December without such a test and I'm then dependent on the 6 and 6T users. Normally I would have to buy a 6t because of Oxygen OS, the Notch ect. but after I was contacted for the beta program and I declared my willingness and nothing has happened since then, and the user doesn't answer any more, I don't take any further steps to explicitly deal with Oxygen OS and my many apps, that was only a goody that I checked it again especially for Oxygen OS.

16. TibiTibi Lollipop Nov 1, 2018

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018

17. Avadhootop5 Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Avadhootop5, Nov 1, 2018 :
    1541088059865.jpg
    Festival of lights[e]1f49c[/e][e]1f49b[/e][e]2764[/e]️[e]1f49a[/e][e]1f499[/e] Diwali Vibes
    @India
    Happy Diwali [e]1f386[/e][e]1f387[/e][e]1f4a3[/e]

Attached Files:

18. TibiTibi Lollipop Nov 1, 2018

TibiTibi, Nov 1, 2018 :
    I like that there is something positive in your message.
    And feel the bad experience.

otto2, Shivang Joshi, hennes and 3 others like this.
  19. Bouncer71 KitKat Nov 1, 2018

Bouncer71, Nov 1, 2018 :
    That Photo, my friend...

That Photo is...

Awesome... 8D

Really a ghostly mood, clarity and mist... 8O

20. buntycubal Lollipop Nov 1, 2018