Shot On OnePlus Photography Contest - Create your story with XPan Mode [Winners Announced]

1. Elyn Lu
    Community Intern Staff Member Sep 24, 2021

Elyn Lu , Sep 24, 2021 :
    banner.jpg

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure you're aware, there's a fresh update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. @Jimmy Z. told us all about the new camera features this update brings – especially the XPan mode – in this thread. In order to have you better experience this new mode update, we decided to hold a photography contest.

upload_2021-9-23_18-45-14.png

upload_2021-9-23_18-45-19.png

Photos taken with XPan mode contain a sense of storytelling. We use the lens to freeze the moment. Although the photo is still, the captured story lives in it. What stories do you think are presented in your photos through your lens? Take a photo with the XPan mode and share it with us. I'm really excited to see your photo and enjoy your story.

Contest Rules
    • Submission period: now – October 10, 23:59 HKT GMT+8
    • Upload in this thread your creative work in the form of "photography + text": your best XPan photo with storytelling elements and a description of about 100 words telling that story.
    • All pictures should be taken using OnePlus Hasselblad Xpan mode after September 17, 2021
    • You can use the software to beautify the photo in post without changing the original appearance of the photo, please be faithful to the original intention of the photo to avoid modifying the content of the photo
    • If the photo is too large to upload, feel free to use the compression app YaImCo developed by @hennes and check how to use it through the thread.
    • OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.
    • Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited. Users who post pictures that were copied from the internet, or were not taken with a OnePlus device, get a code of conduct warning, plus a reply-ban for the contest for the actual plus the following two months.
    • Terms and Conditions applied.

What are the Prizes?
    • 1st Prize - OnePlus 9/ 9 Pro protective case, OnePlus Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger, OnePlus Watch and OnePlus Buds Pro (1 user)
    • 2nd Prize - OnePlus Buds Pro (3 users)
    • 3rd Prize - OnePlus Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger (6 users)
    • After the Top 10, the next best 10 entries will receive 200 Raffle Points each.
    Good luck and I look forward to seeing your epic photos!

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 24, 2021

Stickied Post
    Venky61 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Thanks @Elyn Lu for the contest

Here's a picture I captured using the XPan mode on the OnePlus 9Pro
    IMG_20210921_064124.png
    Monsoon Mood:
    Monsoons are my favorite season of the year. My childhood memories about rains have been non-existent as I come from a dry climate. I never really connected with nature earlier but the moment I visited Mumbai for the first time in Monsoon, I felt something new. The lush green mountains around covered with dreamy clouds lifted my spirit instantly. I never knew until then that climate could have such a positive impact. It feels like nature’s invitation for a sleepover on the grass bed with a cloud blanket. And eventually, this connection led to my love for monsoon trekking and my multiple experiences of being wrapped by the clouds :D Fortunately, I right now stay at a place surrounded by lush green hills. Often the monsoon clouds pay a visit and I instantly stroll back to those memories, calming my mood. Though I am the one taking the picture behind the camera, I see myself in the middle of that hill running around playing with the clouds. These pictures are my portal for Monsoon Mood.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021

3. Elyn Lu
    Community Intern Staff Member Sep 26, 2021

Stickied Post
    Elyn Lu , Sep 26, 2021 :
    @script Yes. Only 1 photo plus 1 story (no word limit) for the whole contest period for each participant.

4. tiaxani
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2021

Stickied Post
    tiaxani , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 26, 2021 :
    1632684590541.jpg
    Latin Culture ~ This is an abandoned truck in some place in South America, after the economy crisis. It affected a lot of areas in the market, also the transportation. It is common to find trucks like this one on the corner of the street, a lot of people migrated to Spain and US looking for a better future, but also left their family (kids, parents, siblings) and friends. The cause is the "communism" used here and like you see, it didn't work for us.
    Now we have a new president, with new trends that are very promising. I hope it works to have better future for all of us.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021

5. RacerZ
    KitKat Sep 27, 2021

Stickied Post
    RacerZ , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 27, 2021 :
    Today, I trekked back to Wilder Ranch State Park in Santa Cruz County. I'm dedicating this shot and original poem to my three kids. This shot was edited for slight exposure and horizontal alignment.

1632697126158.jpg
    Hopes and dreams, wishes agleam
    Alas the time has come

From lil hatchling to beautiful hen
    Now look what you've become

It's time for you to spread your wings
    And soar amongst the sky

Be bold, be brave, be absent of fear
    And higher and higher you'll fly

Over the mountains, above the clouds
    Your goal is true and nigh

Don't give up, don't you quit
    Just keep your head up high

For there's nary a thing you can't achieve
    As long as you believe

6. ChristianDX
    Donut Oct 1, 2021

Stickied Post
    ChristianDX , Oct 1, 2021 :
    Sudtirol-XPan.jpg An elderly couple stops to look at the wonderful panorama offered by the Dolomites, World Heritage of UNESCO in Sudtirol.
    I showed them this curious stolen shot and asked what they thought of this view.
    They told me that every year they spent a few days of vacation in these places, and every year they relax on that bench, a fixed appointment they hope to be able to reach for a long time ...

7. four.lens
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2021

Stickied Post
    four.lens , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 3, 2021 :
    1633263846830.jpg
    In India, as you walk through the streets and the lanes, you can easily witness a thriving informal sector. Wherever you look, you can find street vendors as an indispensable part of business activities. unregistered entities have emerged in new guises where sole proprietorship is dominating the pie. Starting a proprietorship firm is the easiest way to generate income and self-employment in rural areas as well as urban areas.

📍 Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Oct 2021

Shot on OnePlus 9 pro
    Shot with x-pan mode
    Edited on Adobe Lightroom Mobile

8. cyvr1
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2021

Stickied Post
    cyvr1 , Oct 4, 2021 :
    Title: Increasing Anticipation

[​IMG]

Due to Covid19 spectators were not allowed at Cologne Soccer Stadium for a long time. After some matches with few spectators in the arena October 1st, 2021 marked a turning point as for the first time in over 18 month 40.000 people were allowed to watch the game. The stadium is prepared and expecting the crowd. The picture was taken 2 hours before kick off and a couple of minutes before the people were allowed inside. Fans are gathered outside, laughing and happy that they can watch the upcoming match.

9. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 6, 2021

Stickied Post
    luigimario , Oct 6, 2021 :
    I took a photo of a local park during the day. This park is usually full of parents with their children laughing, playing, and enjoying themselves. Right after the pandemic started the park was closed down as a safety precaution and caution tape was put up to keep people out. As time went on and new information came out about the virus, it was deemed safe for children to play outside and the park was reopened and filled up again with the laughter of children. Now that it is Autumn and the weather is getting colder the park is empty again. It's a sad sight and a reminder of a difficult time for all of humanity. I think the greyness of the black & white photo really captures that feeling of absence. Absence of people, routine, normalcy, and joy. It can also remind us of the good times passed and of the resiliency of people to get through tough times and prosper again.

IMG_20211003_083653_001.jpg

10. Stickied Post
    VagabondSuperstar , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 7, 2021 :
    1633575427357.jpg
    This is my dog Mellie. People often say your pets are more like your children, and I really didn't understand that until I became her dad. This is pretty much how we spend our nights, but I know it means more than that for both of us. It's about comfort, familiarity, a sense of "home" and the feeling of security that comes with it.
    It's these moments that are the most special for me because I know that when she curls up in this blanket with me she's choosing me. In a weird way it makes me feel seen, and I like that she keeps choosing me day after day. Love like that is special and I appreciate the love I get from her. I don't know if she'll ever know what she means to me, but I'm thankful for her and her love, and moments like these are ones that I truly cherish.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021

Fc København, SRD., Gor. and 5 others like this.
  11. Mohan_G
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Oct 9, 2021

Stickied Post
    Mohan_G , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 9, 2021 :
    Shot on One plus 9 Pro - XPan Mode
    Basic corrections done in Adobe Lightroom (Mobile)
    A smooth sea never made skilled sailor.. said:
    Place: Pondichery, India

I've always wanted to travel by sea, and one day I got the chance thanks to a friend. I travelled with a sailing boat team that consisted of two sailing boats and one rescue boat. Me and the sailing boat trainer were on the rescue boat, and the trainer taught the other two people how to sail, who travelled with us separately in their sailing boats. One has one year of experience and the other has six months. He is frequently chastised by the trainer when he makes mistakes.
    It was thrilling to travel in between the huge waves as we began to move away from the seashore. Only then did I realise how tough it is to pilot these sailing boats, which need us to sense the wind really accurately. Every time, the boat's course must change along with the breeze. It would be a lot of fun if we could learn to sail a boat, which is one of the most difficult and exciting sports ever. I was able to understand the nuances of being sailing as I observed it from the side.
    I've been waiting for a long time to photograph two boats to get closer to each other so that I could capture them sailing in a blue sea-sky.
    It was extremely difficult for me to frame this image, since the boat was swaying and I couldn't stay in the same frame for long, and I was afraid of dropping my phone in the sea if I didn't hold enough. The most challenging aspect was keeping the horizon levelled.
    I shot this using XPan mode for a wider and more storytelling perspective. For me, this is more than a photograph; it takes two hours to get from beach to sea and back; I was on the rescue boat with them for those two hours, and it was extremely motivating to witness those sailors trying to sail their boats in between big waves.
    1633757898800.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021

12. blueskywhale
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Oct 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    blueskywhale , Oct 10, 2021 :
    Here is my little thoughts flashing in my mind when I saw this amazing champs playing around the street.

Live in the present they say
    Yet when I see their mischievous faces
    Memories come gushing all the way
    Waking up to the sweet morning birds' tunes
    Chaos ringing in the verandas of my school
    Shiny shoes and combed hair
    Twinkle in my eyes as I see my favourite pair
    Naughtiest of the lot, much like the three musketeers
    Muddy trousers, dirt in the hair
    Innocence shone through the air
    A pebble here, a twig there
    All that seems insignificant today
    were treasured back in the day
    When I see them glisten in the summer sunshine
    I wish I could go back to once what was mine

Kid_001.jpg

As all of you know, A the picture speaks a thousand words, recalling the colourful days we have been.

Im in love with the XPan Mode and I have took a lot of images, I will post it later and confused as many which should I post coz, here only one is allowed for now. Also I wish we need a video option to the XPan Mode, it's so cinematic

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021

13. script
    Moderator Moderator Oct 10, 2021

Stickied Post
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021

14. Elyn Lu
    Community Intern Staff Member Oct 13, 2021 at 4:28 AM

Stickied Post
    Elyn Lu , Oct 13, 2021 at 4:28 AM :
    It was delightful to see so many great photos and stories from you! I appreciate the users who participated in our contest, letting us enjoy a visual feast.

Congratulations to the following on providing the awesome entries.

• You can use RP in our regular raffles to win prizes or save them for our special raffles with guaranteed prizes.
    • We will reach out to the winners to collect shipping information.
    The contest is over, but you are welcome to continue to share your XPan photo and story here.;)

Edit on Oct 13th.

Overzee, atenaa, jlasensiofi and 23 others like this.
  15. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Sep 24, 2021

Overzee , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Now I would have liked to have had a OnePlus 9 Pro...at least for everyone who will participate: good luck with this cool contest!

16. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Sep 24, 2021

17. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Sep 24, 2021

18. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Sep 24, 2021

19. Liehjan

Liehjan , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Just crop the main sensor pictures in post ;)
    Edit: this was a joke.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021

Yag1z, Niklasg85, puccellino and 12 others like this.
  20. dom_k
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Sep 24, 2021

dom_k , Sep 24, 2021 :
    @Elyn Lu Thank you for this contest! I'm interested in it, let's see what I can take. Good luck everyone! :)

21. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2021

22. script
    Moderator Moderator Sep 24, 2021

script , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Hi Elyn,

Thx for this nice contest.

Just to clarify: we can post only 1 photo for the whole contest period?

I personally would love that :)

23. nerdkabir
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2021

nerdkabir , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 24, 2021 :

Yabsolutely Agree with you :).

Yes please @Elyn Lu

Wish this is acceptable. I can use my wide angle lens of 7 Pro to submit mine and other users too :)

24. script

script , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Only Pictures of the OnePlus 9/9 Pro in XPan mode are allowed for this contest.

Yag1z, TibiTibi, Marco_Erre and 17 others like this.
  25. GandeDeSa
    Honeycomb Sep 24, 2021

26. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Sep 24, 2021

27. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Sep 24, 2021

28. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 24, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Great contest :)
    Thanks for the tag:)

good luck everyone:)

29. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Sep 24, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Pretty pleasee 🙃😛

30. Liehjan

Liehjan , Sep 24, 2021 :
    I know, I just wanted to pull of a Friday joke :)

31. script

script , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Please don't do that in staff member's official contest threads.

32. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Sep 24, 2021

33. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Sep 24, 2021

hennes , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Hehehe, I am currently working on a YaImCo version that will allow you to apply XPan-Mode to wide-angle photos.

When coming from a original colored photo you will get two files, a color photo...

IMG_20210904_124742_yaimco_xpan_001_002.jpg

...and a black white:

IMG_20210904_124742_yaimco_xpan_001_003.jpg

It is just under development and it is just for fun because I like the XPan mode format but currently i don't have a 9 Pro.

@Elyn Lu thank you for the tag.
    For all, the pre settings of YaImCo, "automatic scaling" is set to 20MP, this will produce a 5160*3870 pixel photo and this photo will work fine with the forum.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021