Shot on OnePlus September 2020 - A Reflection of Life

1. script
    Nougat Moderator Sep 1, 2020

script , Sep 1, 2020 :
    1408764-7226fe7612bb814249dbeff5254da2e2.png
    Taken by our team, edited by @Bouncer71

What is a photo? A reflection.

Much more important than how the camera takes and processes a picture is the question to ourselves: why do we take that picture.

A picture is a reflection of light, but not only that. It's also a reflection of life. Our life. When we take a picture, we are there, and so are the objects that are seen in the picture. The objects that we click are a part of our world, and reflect our personalities. They reflect - us!!

In this month the challenge is, to reflect about yourself, and take personal pictures. Pictures that tell a story.

Take pictures of items, that belong to your father, to your mother, to your brother or sister, to your children, and to yourself. Take a picture of an important toy. Take a picture of your house, your car, your bicycle.

What is important for you, that you want to show us?
    Beware. Don't show too much. Show only insides that you want to reveal.

Tips

1) Post only good pictures.
    2) If you are not sure what that is, read and learn about it from last month's opening post. Shot On OnePlus August 2020 - Landscapes and Water
    3) Follow tip #1
    4) Avoid telephones, pets, people, food, waterdrops, sunsets, landscapes.
    5) Your chances to win are better with a nice and short personal story about the object.

The picture above shows an inukshuk.
    Inukshuks give directions or information to help guide a person (especially in remote areas).

Rules
    • 1 winner per week, 4 winners per month who will receive the OnePlus Buds
    • State the specific device/ editing software/ hardware (extra lenses)
    • 3 pictures max. per post, 4 posts max. in the whole month
    • All pictures must apply to the theme of Personal Items
    • All pictures have to be taken within the current month, maximum is the last week of August.
    • Terms and Conditions applied. OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.
    • Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited. Users who post pictures that were copied from the internet, or were not taken with an OnePlus device, get a code of conduct warning, plus a reply-ban for the contest for the actual plus the following two months.

Additional Reading
    How Do We Select Winners?

The pre-selection team
    consists of: @Bouncer71 , @cdnfarmer , @hennes , @otto2 , @script , @TibiTibi , and @woSch . We check all pictures of the contest, discuss, which we think are the best, and collect them in a separate thread. Then this group of experts, plus OnePlus staff members, go in a second-round through that collection and nominate the 4 or 5 best pictures of the current week. Out of this elite, the final weekly winning picture gets selected. It‘s really a long and careful process.

Finally, the selected picture has to get checked! Therefore it's needed to contact the person that has posted the picture, ask him or her to send in the original uncompressed file, to get the EXIF data checked. Only after that final check the winning picture can be announced in the forum. And again, it's never settle.

2. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Sep 1, 2020

Zach X. , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Winner of the First Week
    1418196-fa138fa6bac6917f9b10ba90fe2cb835.jpeg
    By @jlasensiofi, Shot on OnePlus 8 Pro, Processed in Lightroom and Snapseed.
    Viewfinder IKOFLEX
    Story:

Winner of the Second Week
    1420208-efb767adcf245dc55a6d51c6a59bffe1.jpg
    By @llXecutionerll, Shot on One Plus 6, Edited and enhanced in Snapseed.
    Half Rupee
    Story:

Winner of the Third Week
    1426942-ff47cce440e858cd4e4dc80571cc8932.jpg

By @BetiK , Shot on OnePlus 7 Pro, Edited/Compressed: Snapseed/LitPhoto
    Two guitars, two emotions
    Story:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020 at 3:20 AM

3. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2020

DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 6 Silk White , Sep 1, 2020 :
    A Reflection of a Life!

Story 01

"Lantern and Radio"

IMG_20200904_113508-01_compress38.jpg

Lantern: The lantern provides light. Light, in its context helps lead the way forward, towards the future and pushes aside the surrounding darkness!

Radio: The prime purpose of radio is to convey information from one place to another through the intervening media without wires.

IMG_20200904_112846-01_compress48.jpg
    This both is not only object this both objects are feelings, My grandfather gives it to my father and my father gives it to me! We are still using this both objects!

In my country people are still using radio and they are getting benifits of it in emergency time, we are still listening news and old songs in radio!

Old is Gold!

Story 02

"Chaupar"

IMG_20200904_111223-01_compress24.jpg
    This is more than thousands years old game!
    This game connects my family members togather everyday, This game connects me with my father, mother, nephew! This game can be play with 4 players.

This games gives joy to my family members and me! The goal of this game is to go to Home! The centre of the cross is Home.

The first player who brings all four of his men home is the winner. Play continues for second and third places until one last player has men remaining on the board.

You can search more about this game on Wikipedia!

This game is special for me and my family because in digital era this game has ability to connect us togather! This "Chaupar" is made by my lovely mother so this handmade game has special place in my heart, we are using it from so many years!

All three images are taken with OnePlus 6 stock Camera, All images are edited on Snapseed application and compressed on LitPhoto application!

Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020

hennes, Mr. BG, rinkimekari and 10 others like this.
  4. Kot66
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

5. joaopapereira
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2020

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020

6. Nirbhaysorout
    Donut Sep 1, 2020

Wirelessss, Gagannyk and Run4it like this.
  7. Arun.vs
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2020

Attached Files:

8. rinkimekari
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

9. sujithkumarsr
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

Zach X., otto2, Arun.vs and 1 other person like this.

JoypadRotto likes this.
  11. G1564318798191
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2020

M1599125728223, Zach X. and script like this.
  12. Akshay Sonker
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

13. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Great & thoughtful thread @script . Congratulations for holding this month's thread.
    I always look forward some stories like your squirrel story.
    The true Art is representing something without speaking a word.
    My Entry coming soon...

Bouncer71, TibiTibi, JelleZon and 2 others like this.
  14. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2020

15. script
    Nougat Moderator Sep 1, 2020

script , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Thank you all. I am looking forward to some interesting and personal pictures in this month. Special thx for mentioning the „additional reading“. There is some fine knowledge behind the links.

Also, a very special thank you for providing the cover picture, to the team :)

Lets see some good pictures here,

Cheers, Script

16. krish143@
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2020

17. Goofier_wheat_20
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

Goofier_wheat_20 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 1, 2020 :
    1598943281269.jpg
    said:
    1598943281338.jpg
    "FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE "Well guys im a football freestyler we wear these studless boots which will increase our agility and balance while showing some cool tricks in football the above pics r the adidas samba vintage collection which is so rare these days !!! well I'm a fan of these samba collection boots by adidas which my father bought me for scoring 90% on all subjects.i used to play so much football on our streets with the adidas messi edition ball so that's why the ball is in the wear and tear comdition .I can proudly say football is a symbol of love . football is not only a sport but all life basic needs r in football like when u pass the ball to ur side that showcases the teamwork , whenever u running on the pitch our body maintains a high fitness level which is necessary for an athlete. but during the lockdown days we cant even play football properly due to police patrol vehicle checking all the streets whether there is anyone in the street!!but we'll play football despite the rules imposed on lockdown bcoz that's the footballers attitude !!well I can finally say football is my passion!!
    shot on nord, processed in snapseed,no external lens used..
    @script
    @cdnfarmer
    STORY 2: said:
    THOUGH I have a crazy interest In football and am a football player ,I am a lover of 🏏 cricket, watching cricket in tv I like the most !!
    as an Indian it would be a disgrace for me if I am not a lover of cricket !
    INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE I LOVE THE MOST !!
    throwback to 2011 when I was so much into the ipl and so was busy collecting cricket attax cards !! remembering anyone these cards ??
    1599469875997.jpg
    these cards I love so much !! these gold cards,silver cards and the normal ones are the concept of this cricket attax . rules of playing this game : each player have their own set of cards its like playing uno I'll place one card and select my cards best attribute eg. 100- batting and if my opponent has less than 100 batting I will win in this part and take away his card .like this a whole set of this will happen when one player doesn't have cards in his stack he becomes a loser and the opponent becomes the winner!!!
    so cherishing of these memories ,gold cards were so rare and always excited when I see the gold cards!!
    shot on Nord,no external lens used..
    @script
    @cdnfarmer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020

18. hruthik.charan
    Donut Sep 1, 2020

19. sumitMZ007
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2020

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 1, 2020 :
    This photo is taken on my FIRST day of college when I was feeling bit nervous and lonely and I was thinking about how 4 years of engineering is going to pass where I don't have any contacts . spending 4years at one place is a challenge.but on 1st days itself many students were started noticing my OnePlus 6 as it was flagship during that year and nobody was having that beast in the class.many student started asking me about the camera, photo quality,gaming,design,and performance etc.and which lead to many conversations with other students of my class and this conversation turned into friendships.and now I'm in THIRD year of my engineering degree and those friends are turned into best friends.and whenever there used to be any function or event which required photoshooting student use to point out that I'm having best cameras and I used to click photos.i guess this happened only because of OnePlus 6 that day of my college.
    OnePlus 6 became the point of conversation in every class I used to attend and that's how I made contact with many students.i was feeling like wow how suddenly I'm able to make friends.i'm planning to take similar photo on the last day of my college on the same spot and same location to remember those times.
    1598947039215.jpg

#shoton(OnePlus 6)

Attached Files:

Pankhuri.., Run4it, foxblood and 4 others like this.