Should I be buying the OnePlus 6?

1. BYuksel96
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

BYuksel96 , May 23, 2018 :
    The obvious answer is yes, but hear me out. So I have a OPO and its still got some life left in it. Arguably the worst thing about it is the battery. Its completely dead. Runs out of charge after 1 hr of use (usually - when I'm not being economical). So I have decided, finally , that it is time for an upgrade.

Now with the OP6 having been released the timings of things couldn't have been any better. But here is where all the doubts come in to play. I have been reading a lot of threads and what "actual" people have had to say about the phone. It seems as though to me that there is no real difference between the 5t and 6. People are also complaining about there being battery issues when charging the OP6 and that the OP6 has also got a worse camera (and functionality) than the 5t. Are these issue prominent amongst all models and will they be fixed?

A lot of people are also saying that they will wait for the 6t to be released and will be buying that instead (I can understand why most people would do this as they generally mention that they have a 5t and they see no benefit). I have a OPO and so essentially any phone be it a OP6 or 5t will be a major upgrade for me.

Now this is where I need the help of the community. I can't wait much longer to buy a new phone and as such I have ruled out waiting for the 6t to be released and to buy that. The OP6 is being reported by the community to be essentially a beta model phone and that the 5t is seemingly better than the 6. So what one should I buy? The 6 or the 5t?

Any help, suggestions and info will be greatly appreciated. (If you want to know my personal preference... I want to buy the white OP6 and is what I was currently waiting for until I read about the issues with OP6, as mentioned above)

Last edited: May 23, 2018

2. HellbillyDeluxe
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

HellbillyDeluxe , May 23, 2018 :
    I doubt you will get a definitive answer here, so personally, I would make the decision by answering the following questions:

• How much money can and will you spend?
    • Which phone is cheaper?
    • Which phone is available?
    • Which phone is looking better to you?

Regarding the camera: A lot of reviews are saying that the camera of the 6 is a little little bit better than the 5T, plus the 6 has OIS, so I would consider that as well, bit wouldn't base my decision solely on that.

I hope that helps!

BYuksel96 likes this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat May 23, 2018

Tobikage , May 23, 2018 :
    a what ?

again...a what ?

4. BYuksel96
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

Yep for some weird reason every time I write 'OP' it gets changed it 'ON' for me

Tobikage likes this.
  5. Tobikage
    Nougat May 23, 2018

Tobikage , May 23, 2018 :
    If you have a OPO , It's about time to buy something new.

There are no genuine replacement parts available for it....mainly the battery and the SD 801 is beginning to show its age.

6. soniyajadhav760@
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

7. BYuksel96
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

Yeah I mean I'm not really strict to a budget and I honestly was sold on buying the OP6 in white. Just saw some bad comments and was unsure really. But thank you for your response ☺

8. HellbillyDeluxe
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

HellbillyDeluxe , May 23, 2018 :
    I guess you will always see bad comments about the camera and that's just because expectations are different and maybe also because of older software versions of OxygenOS. But from what I can see after watching and reading multiple reviews about the OnePlus 6, the camera is actually quite good. Not the best, but then again, the OnePlus 6 is much cheaper than other flagships phones like the Pixel 2 XL or Galaxy S9+ (when they came out).

That being said: Go ahead and buy the OnePlus 6. If you have the chance, go and buy it from Amazon. This way, you can return it easily if you don't like it.

BYuksel96 likes this.
  9. arun_arora
    Cupcake May 23, 2018

arun_arora , May 23, 2018 :
    I just received my OP6. Upgraded my OP3T with it.
    In my view its not a so called 'beta version'. as the design or guts are not so drastically changed compared to 5T. Apart from a notch OnePlus is familiar with all changes it made.
    When compared with OP5t, OP6 is essentially a specs upgrade along with a notch.
    AFA camera is concerned, i checked the reviews of it on youtube and the camera seems to be OK when compared with iPhone X or Pixel 2 XL. Of course it cannot beat the likes of Pixel 2XL or S9 as there would be some compromises have to be made to keep the phone price in check.
    My experience so far is good when compared with OP3T. The camera captures good amount of detail. however some selfie shots seem a bit artificial when zoomed fully but it seems to be non-issue to me as the distance or effects can always be tweaked. OIS also does not hurt either.

As I bought OP6 and its looking good I would suggest to buy OP6 only as it is the latest model..

Good luck deciding the upgrade..[e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

Thanks,
    Arun

BYuksel96 likes this.
  10. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

Nezumi_ likes this.
  11. G_Ratheesh_Chellappa_dLL
    Eclair May 23, 2018

12. X1513001495748
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

13. kumaryashwin
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2018

14. piccionel
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2018

piccionel , May 23, 2018 :
    Would you only consider an upgrade from Oneplus?
    There are other affordable brands, you know...

ghostofcain likes this.
  15. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat May 24, 2018

oneplusonedollarbillyall , May 24, 2018 :
    good luck finding a used 5T for the "right price" I sure as heck would not spend most or the same money as the OP6 for a OP5T.