Should I buy a 9 or 9 Pro?

1. PhilippGeyer
    Donut Nov 26, 2021

PhilippGeyer , Nov 26, 2021 :
    Hi

Since its black friday I'm looking to buy a new oneplus phone my old one is a OP3
    So i would like to use the new one also for 5-6 years muhahahhaha....

and I'm not sure which one has batter long therm 3rd party community support, well has or rather will have...
    I noticed that there is no lineage OS for the 9 only for 9 pro

The only things I don't like about the pro is this curved screen, so how bad is it?

And input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cheongbcd
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2021

Vikram Acharya likes this.
  3. hwhgekej
    Froyo Nov 26, 2021

Steven dawe likes this.
  4. PhilippGeyer
    Donut Nov 26, 2021

PhilippGeyer , Nov 26, 2021 :
    I only buy phones where i can unlock the bootloader without a code/permission form the manufacture, does that apply to samsung and or iqoo?

GamingDoggo_ likes this.
  5. Syrix
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2021

Syrix , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 27, 2021 :
    I have both the 9 and 9 Pro, I like the flat screen, but I like having OIS since I take a lot of photos, sometimes with extended shutterspeeds. If you don't want a telephoto lens, OIS and a slightly higher resolution display, I'd say go for the 9 honestly.

GamingDoggo_ likes this.

7. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 28, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 28, 2021 :
    Here is the Spec sheet for both 9 & 9 Pro. It's filtered to show the differences.
    https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10747&idPhone2=10806#diff-

I suppose it depends on many factors, most of which would be personal to your circumstances. Prices, aesthetics, hardware specs, curved screen or not, Phone size and features etc.

And here is a Guide comparing the 2 phones by Android Authority.
    https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-9-1170815/

Aaron2017 likes this.
  8. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2021

RevidFfum , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 30, 2021 :
    So... What did you decide? Pixel 6 Pro? 😂

Have to admit, having a bit of buyer's remorse, got mine on OP store sale. That 5 year upgrade on the Pixel is looking nice.

9. hall1
    Donut Nov 30, 2021

hall1 , via OnePlus 9 , Nov 30, 2021 :
    Wouldn't buy neither have a 9 but not impressed not the phones they were. Main bug bear no notification of emails never been a fix

10. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2021

RevidFfum , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 1, 2021 :
    Have you tried removing battery optimization on your email client? OP phones are aggressive in killing background apps and may account for the missed notification.

11. AryanUpadhayay
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2021

12. hall1
    Donut Dec 2, 2021

hall1 , via OnePlus 9 , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Have read and tried more fixed than would sink a battle ship. Works for a couple of hours then stops. But thanks for the advice. Had 4 op phones but this is the last one.

RevidFfum likes this.
  13. DenyDarko
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2021

14. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2021

RevidFfum , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 8, 2021 :
    Well, with such buggy update, I wouldn't recommend getting either phone, since you plan to keep the phone for 5 years..., they'll release the 10 version and soon forget about older version and be left with buggy OS..

Why couldn't OP use Oxygen OS as the base of the combined OS, instead of Color OS?