Should I buy a oneplus watch?

1. toilahuy
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2021

2. PritishPriyam
    Jelly Bean Writers' Club Aug 8, 2021

PritishPriyam , Aug 8, 2021 :
    So many reviews on the internet, go through some of them and you'll find out, if the watch fits your requirements and whether its worth the price or not.

3. pingug
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2021

pingug , Aug 8, 2021 :
    Have bought OnePlus phone every year but have to say the watch is a fail,I bought it even with the bad reviews as it wasn't too expensive , it is very limited and even the basics don't work, I have given up trying to track workouts with it, basically I use it to tell time and notifications, thats it

4. JohnJHammy
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2021

JohnJHammy , Aug 19, 2021 :
    I cannot recommend you at the moment,

Simple things are missing:

In the case of music, all songs are displayed together, you cannot play entire albums

You can create playlists, but it's very difficult, you can't even see which album the song is from.
    You only see the title and the artist.
    For example, if you have 5 albums from one artist, you cannot assign the songs to the correct album

There is also no simple calendar. You can only find today's day.
    No monthly calendar.

I hope that there will be something with updates.
    But currently no buy recommendation

5. Dominic Glidden
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2021

Dominic Glidden , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 1, 2021 :
    It's a beautiful piece of hardware, but OnePlus has missed the mark for a functional smartwatch, If you want a basic timepiece, with a quality hardware build, go for it, and cross your fingers that they workout all the bugs to make it a competitive smartwatch....

6. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Sep 3, 2021

Liehjan , Sep 3, 2021 :
    I think it's worth it, if you look at it as a fitness watch instead of a smart watch. Because it can't be classified as a fully fledged smart watch...
    The simpliest way to look at the watch is a mi band in a watch case.

Gennady_A likes this.
  7. malidan
    Nougat Sep 4, 2021

malidan , Sep 4, 2021 :
    No it's rubbish and nearly every review out there will tell you the same. There are loads of watches on the market for half the price and twice as good.

8. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Sep 4, 2021

Liehjan , Sep 4, 2021 :
    I would say the best option is a Mi Band for 1/3 the price.

Tobikage likes this.
  9. chicagoron
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2021

Dominic Glidden likes this.
  10. Dominic Glidden
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2021

Dominic Glidden , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 11, 2021 :
    It can't even track a bike ride yet! and there are still issues with step count accuracy... You can't even count on it as a simple fitness band....

11. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Sep 11, 2021

Liehjan , Sep 11, 2021 :
    I haven't tracked a bike ride yet. But walks and runs are pretty accurate on B65 update.

Tobikage likes this.
  12. Dominic Glidden
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2021

I've gotta get a few more walks and runs in, but I'm seeing less distance being recorded when I compare it to my Galaxy Watch 2.... The OnePlus watch hardware build is fantastic.... But they've missed the mark with the software ...

Liehjan likes this.
  13. Liehjan

Liehjan , Sep 11, 2021 :
    On a typical 5k run for me the watch says 4.96km

Tobikage and Dominic Glidden like this.
  14. Dominic Glidden
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2021

I think they'll work out the bugs... I'm a big fan , and for the price, it's a great looking timepiece!

Liehjan likes this.
  15. Yoan2020
    Eclair Sep 11, 2021

Yoan2020 , Sep 11, 2021 :
    Well, I believe this YouTuber channel called Unbox therapy could give you some depth of information whether to buy it or not. Link👉 OnePlus Watch Unboxing... - YouTube

16. Yoan2020
    Eclair Sep 11, 2021

How is the battery life?

17. Liehjan

Liehjan , Sep 11, 2021 :
    I think it's better to ask community members who bought the watch with own money instead of watching YouTube videos... Because the reviewer's always have a contact with OnePlus when making the video. And they can't always tell the whole truth.

Tobikage likes this.
  18. Yoan2020
    Eclair Sep 11, 2021

Oh, yeah. You've got a point.

Liehjan likes this.
  19. wmm
    KitKat Sep 12, 2021

wmm , Sep 12, 2021 :
    I'm generally getting about a week of battery life, with sleep tracking and smart all-day heart monitoring, but I'm not using GPS very much and don't play music on it. And I don't use the always-on display; the arm-raise gesture is quite reliable and sufficient for me.

Yoan2020 likes this.
  20. wmm
    KitKat Sep 12, 2021

wmm , Sep 12, 2021 :
    Are you using the B.65 update yet? The measurements I was previously getting were consistently short by about a third. I've only done one measured walk since upgrading to B.65, but the distance reported by the watch and by Runkeeper on my phone were essentially identical for that one.