Should I buy OP6??

1. Srijan Singh
    Donut Apr 20, 2018

Srijan Singh , Apr 20, 2018 :
    Hey everyone!!! I'm a user of OnePlus 2 for 2 years now. It's still running smoothly. I've rooted it and use lineage os based on Nougat. Should I upgrade to OnePlus 6 or wait and get one next year.

2. pojr
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2018

pojr , Apr 20, 2018 :
    Nice. Unlike most cupcakes on here (no offense), it seems like you know what you're doing.

What makes you want to change?

3. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Apr 20, 2018

Nick 59 , Apr 20, 2018 :
    If the Oneplus 2 is still doing the business for you there is no rush to upgrade I guess. Why not wait until Oneplus 6 is launched before making any decision? If it is simply too good to miss then grab one, otherwise wait a few months and see what 6T has to offer. Rinse and repeat...

4. TheDzakula
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2018

TheDzakula , Apr 21, 2018 :
    Well, If it's performance upgrade you are looking for I say stick to your OP2 until it dies as performance won't be an issue for a few years ahaid but other hardware upgrades like camera, biometrics and speakers will have a huge bump conpared to ol OP2 so of that is your thing then get the latest

Srijan Singh, dineshsp04 and Matt 80 like this.
  5. userford86
    Eclair Apr 21, 2018

6. Sistecchie
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2018

meatandy and Srijan Singh like this.
  7. Matt 80
    Lollipop Apr 21, 2018

Matt 80 , Apr 21, 2018 :
    Well you don't need to upgrade because as you say, your op2 is still working well and you sound very happy with it. It's more a case of want, if you want more power, storage, modern design, then yeah go for op6, I'm sure it'll be an excellent device. If not, just keep on rocking the op2!

Srijan Singh likes this.
  8. jay5t
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2018

jay5t , Apr 21, 2018 :
    If I were you I would wait for the 6 as it will be the best phone OnePlus have created ever, you will highly appreciate the advances made to the battery life, camera and overall speed of the phone. I'm hopeful that the 6 will have water resistantce, which will put it more inline with current flagships. My advice wait for the OnePlus 6, and it's rumoured that it could get an earlier relsease this year. Hope this was helpful

DrTryOut and Srijan Singh like this.
  9. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2018

GuitarBart , Apr 21, 2018 :
    Tricky, I had a One for about 3 years when I made the switch to the 5. Was a very good upgrade for all specs. Speed was good on the One but even better on the 5. And for me Dash charging and a fingerprint sensor was a big difference

Srijan Singh likes this.
  10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 21, 2018 :
    I'm intrigued as to how you know the pixel 2 is better than a so far unreleased phone.

snjohn, pojr and Srijan Singh like this.
  11. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Apr 21, 2018

the_o2 , Apr 21, 2018 :
    It's depends on your needs how we people suggest you what to buy what not.
    All depends on your priority if camera is go for pixel 2 but again can you afford that.
    So take time and decide yourself.

Srijan Singh likes this.
  12. Yudiansyah
    Eclair Apr 21, 2018

Srijan Singh likes this.
  13. ElfStone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2018

ElfStone , Apr 21, 2018 :
    I have upgraded my OP2 to the OP3 and now to the 5T. From my point of view, you should go ahead and upgrade to the 6.
    The OP2, was OK, but with Oxygen OS on it, I felt the need to upgrade. I didn't regret upgrading at all.

Srijan Singh likes this.
  14. Srijan Singh
    Donut Apr 21, 2018

Srijan Singh , Apr 21, 2018 :
    I'm dissatisfied by the performance of the camera. Everything else is working well. Also should I consider upgrading it to an Oreo based OS??

15. crisleiria
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2018

crisleiria , Apr 21, 2018 :
    Hi, I had a LG Nexus 5 still working until last mounth.. it was the best phone i had. At least I tought it was.

I bought oneplus 5t now. What is my experience? Best thing ever!!! Performance, OS, face unlock superfast, display, camara.. dash charge.. baterry life... I saw many reviews and overall opinion is an great phone. You have better phones on the market, but trust me, from the money that it costs.. you will not find better.
    About OnePlus 6, I will expect even better..
    If I were you, I wait for the OnePlus 6 release. After that decide (5t or 6). ;)
    Cheers

Srijan Singh likes this.
  16. DimitriVB
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2018

DimitriVB , Apr 22, 2018 :
    Omg I am in the exact situation, my LG Nexus 5 started failing this month. Constantly reboots, it's like the powerbutton is broken... Anyways I am trying to decide what to buy; 5T or 6? I can't do multiple things on my phone anymore or it starts rebooting. Should I wait a bit longer and see what the 6 brings? Or should I buy a 5T now (or wait till prices drop when the 6 comes out). I've read that it's better to wait for a 6T, because that would be more like a rework of the 6, more like an improved version. So many questions!!

DrTryOut likes this.
  17. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 22, 2018

meatandy , Apr 22, 2018 :
    What do you mean by "IF'? o_O LINK

18. BiswajitB
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2018

BiswajitB , Apr 22, 2018 :
    If you can, wait till the year end for OnePlus 6T

19. thechicken65
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2018

thechicken65 , Apr 22, 2018 :
    You see, there are two camps of phone buyers :
    1. People who immediately buy the latest and greatest.
    2. People who hang on to their existing device for 3-4 years, squeeze out the life out of it and when it is no longer usable, jump to the latest.

I was under the first option. So far, I've used 13 mobile phones. Mind you, all of them were perfectly fine at the time of disposal. Now I prefer to stick to one device as long as it is usable.

As long as your OP2 is serving your purpose, you must hold on to it.

This is my personal opinion, don't bash me for it!

DrTryOut likes this.
  20. prajnay0
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2018

prajnay0 , Apr 22, 2018 :
    I would advise you let the phone launch see the reviews and then make a choice