Should I buy the OnePlus One

1. fivesix
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2015

fivesix , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Hi there,

I've been reading quite a few threads now on these forums regarding the OnePlus one, it's benefits and its downfalls. I've also been watching quite a few reviews on YouTube that all point me in the direction of buying a handset, however the multitude of issue threads on here are making me very skeptical, so I was wondering if a couple of owners of the handset could clarify what it's actually like, any issues they've had and overall, an unbiased opinion on whether I should buy one or not?

2. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Apr 30, 2015

Tobikage , Apr 30, 2015 :
    If you can wait , I'd suggest you wait for the OP2

The OPO is a great device no doubt about that...some people have issues..some haven't had a single issue in months...

I've bought 3 in the family...Faultless till now..even though I don't use one myself , I'd suggest you buy one if you cant wait for the next one...

rez1_k, ultimusrex, t4ww4b and 3 others like this.
  3. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Apr 30, 2015

4. imsarathrk
    Froyo Apr 30, 2015

5. SparkkIt
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2015

SparkkIt , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Definitely buy it. When I first bought mine, I only watched YouTube reviews, I didnt even know the forums existed until AFTER I purchased lol. From Youtube reviews alone, I fell in love with the phone, and by the time I held it in my hand, I felt like I knew it up and down.

The reason you see so many issues on the forum is because the forum is DEDICATED to people that have issues/problems flashing ROMs, zip files, etc. I had my own set of troubles as well, but the entire time I had my 1+ without flashing any ROMs, I never encountered any problems. You'll slowly build confidence flashing your ROMs as you go (if you're into that) because this phone truly is a developer phone, and one of the only (if not THE only) phone company that facilitates tinkering/rooting your device

My personal experience is 10/10. It's a phucking awesome device, you won't find anything better for the price :)

6. nike007
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2015

nike007 , Apr 30, 2015 :
    I would say yes! I have got it for over 2 months now and my phone has almost no problems (except for some software problems: thanks to my manual update I guess :( ) I can compare it to a Sony Xperia Z1 and HTC ONE X a and HTC ONE M8: the 1+1 is definitely the best one!

I would say buy it ;) or wait a couple of months and buy the OnePlus Two. Its up to you

fivesix likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Apr 30, 2015

Deactivated User likes this.
  8. AnshulJain7
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2015

AnshulJain7 , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Definitely.
    I'd hold on the CM12 update for now
    There seems to be a clash between Cyanogen and OPO

imsarathrk likes this.
  9. fivesix
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2015

fivesix , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all your excellent responses!

I'm a developer myself so no doubt there'll be tinkering going on, but I see issues related to the touch-screen / issues with that as such and device heat etc, are these due to software issues / too much tinkering?

I was mainly thinking of keeping it pretty standard, no flashing etc, maybe just running a few test apps here and there and other than that using it as a general phone, what do you think?

10. Deactivated User
    Apr 30, 2015

11. Kureen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2015

Kureen , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Since I've had it for 10 months now It feels rather old to me. But I guess it has still got some amazing specs and is worth all the money but I would wait for the opo2 if you have the time. If you have the money maybe you could buy the G4 M9 or S6.

12. ranma100
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2015

ranma100 , Apr 30, 2015 :
    There are a few factor you guys have to look at : Cost , reliable and service..... For me I just updated to the Oxygen Lolipop and it runs great, I haven't try the Cyangenmod yet so I can't give you any info.
    I've own this phone 4 months now, one of the best device I've used. I didn't buy any protection for this phone just to see how durable it is and it came through very well. The screen is still flawless and the back look perfect, durable stuffs here guys. As for price , no comparison ..... HTC One , Iphone 6, Samsung Galaxy ....$600 + , I don't need to go on. As for service the team are growing as we speak, they hired more than 700 people into the team , they are trying their best. Bottom line, get it or wait for the OP2 , its a great phone. I have used/ owned a lot of phone , HTC One , Iphone 6 , Galaxy S5 , trust me OP1 is a great phone for a great price.

13. menacho.eulogio
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2015

menacho.eulogio , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Get one, it's a great phone. Fast, very good screen resolution and no problems so far from my side:D

14. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Apr 30, 2015

Niels_Andersen , Apr 30, 2015 :
    You don't use it yourself?
    Get out here, iPhone lover :p

Tobikage likes this.
  15. azp3
    Jelly Bean Apr 30, 2015

azp3 , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Mine is rock solid. Got it back in November. Remember, those with issues (real, imagined or self created) will always post more. Those of us that are happy don't fell the need to shout it from the roof tops.

16. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2015

Dr. Indest , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Personally the OnePlus 2 is about to cone out in about 4-5 months.

Although it is a nice phone, it has its issues. For the most part, it is a great buy for the price.

Also remember those who have problems are the ones to complain. Usually those without problems don't post much.

17. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Apr 30, 2015

Tobikage , Apr 30, 2015 :
    iPhone $uck$ Bieber balls...:p

still using the S2 :D

18. zubsay
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2015

zubsay , Apr 30, 2015 :
    I would say NO, the post sale service is not good, its been 3 weeks I am waiting for a reply regarding my RMA ticket.

19. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Apr 30, 2015

Dr. Indest , Apr 30, 2015 :
    And the company won't void your warrenty if you like to tinker with it lol.

20. Deactivated User
    Apr 30, 2015

Tobikage likes this.