Should I buy the OP 7T pro or wait for OP 8 Pro? via OnePlus 3

1. saiyanblood
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

saiyanblood , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 12, 2019 :
    Hi, I'm a OnePlus user from India. I bought OP 3 on day one, still it's my primary device. When OnePlus CEO announced that they would launch a 5G smartphone in the last quarter. I was pretty excited & I thought it would be right time for me to upgrade my phone since the battery performance of my phone is average these days. Also, I badly want a 5G phone & the technology is just around the corner (Indian networks might roll out 5G at the end of 2020). So I kept my fingers crossed for 7T pro, but sadly it doesn't support 5G and now I'm very disappointed.

As I mentioned I still use op3. You can clearly see that I'm a person who doesn't upgrade his phone for at least 2 to 3 years.

so my query is should I get op 7t pro or wait for OP 8 pro.
    If I buy 7T pro I may have to buy a separate 5G modem which I'm not sure whether it would be a perfect solution.

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 12, 2019

camohan , Oct 12, 2019 :
    5g in India will start rolling out in 2020, and it might take years to reach to every location. Buying a device based on 5g timeline seems unreasonable as you never know if timelines will be achieved or push further.

You cannot use 5g modem seperately with 7t or 7t pro, so that option is ruled out.

You don't know if op8 will come with 5g or not, because usually non t version comes in June and 5g will still not be available in India.

5g is not really The deciding factor because you never know what will be charges during initial periods too.

So my suggestion is decide based on what factors are known.

akashsb3, saiyanblood and atmsriram like this.
  3. atmsriram
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2019

saiyanblood likes this.