Should I downgrade or wait for update!! via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. BR00
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

BR00 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 27, 2022 :
    Any suggestions on what to do??
    Like should I downgrade from os 12? or wait for the devs to provide with a solution! which is hard to believe as there is NO MOVEMENT FROM THE DEVELOPER TEAM regarding the issues users have been facing!!

Please DEVS!!! LISTEN TO THE USERS!!

The bugs.. and shitty experience isn't doing any Good for the beloved OnePlus!!!

We Use OnePlus with dignity... but this update constantly makes us feel like we're using some Oppo or something like that!!!

PLEASE FIX !!!

2. miles_away
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

miles_away , Jan 27, 2022 :
    I'll be holding update off as long as possible. Why? I bought OnePlus 9 Pro solely because of Hasselblad collab and to take advantage of its unique color science, image quality an XPAN feature. The second important factor was minimal and elegant UI with nice touch ups like rounded battery icon and so on and general simpicity of Oxygen OS 11. From what I read here and there photography capabalities have decreased significantly after update and UI changes.... They are just not there so to say. Looking at the Color UI renders no hope left for elegant UI but I am really hoping to get nicely working camera again some time in the near future. I am going to wait until that moment comes :)

BR00 likes this.
  3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 27, 2022

ghostofcain , Jan 27, 2022 :
    What update?, what device? If you're talking about C44 for the OP9/9 Pro it only started rolling out last week, hardly enough time for the Devs to comb through the bug reports let alone release a bugfix, if one is required.

BR00 likes this.
  4. BR00
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

you're saying if needed?
    Hardly enough time to comb through the issues??? Dude, it's the developer's responsibility to double/tripple check for these issues before posting such s major update!!!
    I'm a developer myself.. IK how it all works!

and the issues???
    I mean!?
    Every single thing is broken or just disappointing!!
    The circular battery icon!
    the consistency with icons on the app drawer.
    the camera app interface looking like low budget chinese shitt phone!
    the notification panel icons being small and weird.
    the font not matching with the bold and bulky icons.
    the bubble acting weird.
    the app drawer not closing sometimes.
    the AOD tap to show.
    the fingerprint reacting slowly.
    the home layout 5x6 not working?
    the fonts being non friendly..

I mean the list will keep going !!!
    yet you say, if the need to post an update with "bugfix"???
    I'm using OnePlus to enjoy the minimalist design of the Oxygen os and the immersive camera experience, the collab with hassleblad!? yet! the camera performance, the icons in it, the manual micro mode selection on the auto mode, the album looks?!

I mean the amount of money I spent for the phone! I could've brought anything else!!!????

This experience is actually suffocating me mann!

And yes, I'm talking about the c44 for OnePlus 9pro. LE2121.

NANIIIII likes this.
  5. BR00
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

I think that's the best solution!!!

Even I'm also considering downgrading to 11..

I am super disappointed with the new update.. I have never been through something like this...
    I recall someone saying-
    It is just straight up fraud!

Can't help but feel the same... 😕

6. nicolasberlin888
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022

nicolasberlin888 , via OnePlus 9 , Jan 27, 2022 :
    I'm a OnePlus HEAVY USER. I studied computer science. I'm not your average user complaining here. The Android 12 update is beyond BAD.
    I support these changes outlined here as well, please OnePlus listen to us.

BR00 likes this.
  7. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jan 27, 2022

TibiTibi , Jan 27, 2022 :
    Hi, did you know that there was a lot of bugs in A12 before you updated?

You should always mention the sw/os version.

OnePlus developers are not here. If you have specific bug ( already not reported ) you should report it via the feedback.

This is way you trigger the bug hunters.
    Screenshot_20220112-090056.jpg

8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 27, 2022

Most of your issues are cosmetic, are you really expecting the Devs to push a bug fix release to sort cosmetic issues?

9. BR00
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

matter fact I do expect the devs to fix these!!

I mean cosmetic or coding.. they're issues that other users along with myself is finding awful and these are in fact causing trouble on the user experience for the phone!!

I mean calm down and think about this!-
    You're using the most renounced phone available for android! And it lives upto the hype! But, it looks awful. The user experience is based on the "cosmetic" interactions!!!

The inside is high end since I'm using the highest available variant of 9pro.. so the performance is obviously awesome! But it should and it's been appearing as such! And I'm NOT expecting something out of the blue either!!!

WE'RE ASKING FOR THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN PRESENT!!!!! THE THINGS THAT THE DEVS REMOVED!!!

DO I make sense? 😒

10. BR00
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

Thank you for the information..
    I did report these as bugs, and I proposed them a suggestion as well...

But as the other brother suggested, these aren't actual bugs, instead appearance issues!

BUT These appearance issues control the user experience!!!

YOU WOULDN'T WANNA USE A HIGH-END FLAGSHIP that looks like a LOW BUDGET CHINA PHONE??!!!

it performs premium! It SHOULD!!
    It's a FLAGSHIP for crying out loud!! But these things that I mentioned! They were present on the phone a few days ago!!!

And based on the community people's appeals and shouts!!! The above mentioned are BETTER than the ones NOW!!!

WE WANT THOSE FIXED!!!

COME ONN!!!

11. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jan 27, 2022

TibiTibi , Jan 27, 2022 :
    I completely understand you.

But we, forum members like you, can not fix them.
    You know this is a forum of members, phone owners.

BR00 likes this.
  12. BR00
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

Yes I understand you!
    But we are the users as well!! I mean it's us they stand for!!!
    So I'm trying to gather as much people as possible for the devs to actually hear us out!
    I even contacted a few OnePlus officials regarding these..
    Without response tho as expected.. But that doesn't mean we just let go? 😒

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022

13. BR00
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

THIS IS WHY I CREATED THIS FORUM!
    SO WE CAN BE SUCH SOMEONE THAT THE DEVS WOULD LISTEN TO!!

14. miles_away
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022

miles_away , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 27, 2022 :
    These issues are far from being cosmetics since they are UI/UX related. And here is the thing with an UI – it can ruin badly the general experience or if done nicely – become one of the biggest selling attributes. So I would expect the Devs not to release alpha stage build in the first place just for sake of releasing sth:)

BR00 likes this.
  15. W1552595955446
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022

W1552595955446 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 27, 2022 :
    First OnePlus phone and my last OnePlus on phone. From what I gather OnePlus was the cream of the crop back in the day up until they were sold off. I think I may go back to a pixel when my taxes hit and sale this device.

BR00 likes this.
  16. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 27, 2022

OnePlus haven't been sold off, they are, and have always been, a subsidiary of oppo. I'm not sure what you where expecting but the first release of OS' are often a little rough and ready.

BR00 likes this.

18. W1552595955446
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022

W1552595955446 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 27, 2022 :
    OnePlus was founded on 16 December 2013 by former Oppo vice-president Pete Lau and Carl Pei. According to Chinese public records, OnePlus' only institutional shareholder is Oppo Electronics. Lau denied that OnePlus was a wholly owned subsidiary of Oppo and stated that Oppo Electronics and not Oppo Mobile (the phone manufacturer) is a major investor of OnePlus and that they are "in talks with other investors", although OnePlus has confirmed it uses Oppo's manufacturing line and shares part of the supply chain resources with Oppo.

They originally were not part of oppo. The reason it's so buggy is due to this merger shit where they want to combine their software with oppo. Hell the new CEO admitted to it. They may have shared production lines but OnePlus was it's own branding and as of now it's turning into a clone. I admit though yes bugs are common when a new update happens but this is insane. How do you explain the bugs in OOS 11 though? I bought an 8t they came with OOS 11 installed and it had bugs out of the box and still does. I understand this is your brand and you will defend that brand but man it's bad. I've owned many phones from many manufacturers and this is the worst software experience I've received on a so called flagship device.

BR00 likes this.
  19. W1552595955446
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022

BR00 likes this.
  20. M1624185896468
    Froyo Jan 27, 2022