Should I gamble with OP3?

1. aenews
    KitKat Jun 5, 2016

aenews , Jun 5, 2016 :
    Without knowing the full feature set, I have no clue, but if you like what you see and that's the correct model for your region might as well.

nilrb likes this.
  2. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2016

nilrb , Jun 5, 2016 :
    It's a gamble as he says!:)
    If finally it suits you, lucky would be called - a looser otherwise.:p
    However, it doesn't a life n death case - is it?:D

3. Nevabackdown
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2016

Nevabackdown , Jun 5, 2016 :
    Sorry for interrupting but had to ask......

How old is slatter91 .....:eek:

4. Deactivated User
    Jun 5, 2016

Slatter191 likes this.
  5. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2016

Vadomata , Jun 5, 2016 :
    "The OnePlus One's lens is a six-element, f/2.0 arrangement with a 35mm equivalent focal length of around 30mm, much like the iPhone 5S."

Found that from an article and Camera FV-5 says 29mm for OPO. The F/2.0 isn't better than in OPO,OP2,OPX it's the same, unless the camera lenses are bigger, then it will be allowing more light even with the aperature being f/2.0

I didn't find an better image but the lens below is M42 with aperature of F/2.0 same as OPO. The lens size is the same as in the picture. The bigger the lens, the bigger aperature even when the number stays the same, so only way OP3 F/2.0 can be better is to have larger lenses.
    [​IMG]

nilrb likes this.
  6. marinobiagio
    KitKat Jun 5, 2016

marinobiagio , Jun 5, 2016 :
    If OP3 will be shipped out with same HW quality of OP2 and same SW quality of actually OP2's SW and it cost around 450$ yous you should!

7. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2016

nilrb , Jun 5, 2016 :
    No leak or report says anything about lens.:p
    Would carry the same size.:rolleyes:

8. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2016

Vadomata , Jun 5, 2016 :
    Probably it will be the same so it won't be better then. Will it have and SD Card slot?

nilrb likes this.
  9. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2016

nilrb , Jun 5, 2016 :
    That looks unlikely again!!:rolleyes:

Laamapalmu likes this.
  10. Baw2607
    Froyo Jun 5, 2016

Baw2607 , Jun 5, 2016 :
    I get your point but fail to see why anyone would want to keep their phone for that long. After 1 1/2 - 2 years I get really bored of my phone and want an upgrade.

The next Nexus devices should be released around september/october, more likely the latter, this year. And I will be buying one as soon as I can, keep it for about 2 years then sell and buy the next Nexus. I'm sick of phones that simply do not get updates in a reasonable time frame and the OP2 is a prime example, my S2 was another example of this.

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. gringoboy
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2016

gringoboy , Jun 5, 2016 :
    Jurassic.:p

Nevabackdown likes this.
  12. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

puccellino , Jun 6, 2016 :

so you are still alive?

:)

Nevabackdown likes this.
  13. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

so .........................have you made up your mind yet?

I have to admit, I'm tempted by the P9 .................but I think it will come down in price, well in Europe it does.

Slatter191 likes this.
  14. Slatter191
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

Slatter191 , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Not yet, but I feel its not gonna be OP3, despite the A3003, being offered covers both band 2 and 3....

I agree P9 is a great option besides a couple more.

Thanks.

Edit:

My source can provide me a flawless phone, as with OP2, but can't change the substandard camera.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016

puccellino likes this.
  15. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

yes ..............i sense the camera is a big thing for you.

I had a few of the cheaper older Huawei s before. All of them were sturdy and very practical. I don't mind the own software, so that's not an issue for me.

My only main issue with them previously was they didn't upgrade software to the newest android version well or quickly before, but with them building nexus phones, I noticed that has changed.

What are the others on your shortlist?

16. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

nilrb , Jun 6, 2016 :

It's really annoying if updates though reqd do not come. But even the big OEMs are eqally to blame if not more. My GS6 still haven't seen any OTA.:eek:

puccellino likes this.
  17. Slatter191
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

Camera is important cause very often, I need to take shots of patients physical signs, occasionally labs works, if am not in my office and travelling.

P9, S7 and Nexus.

Gonzo01 and puccellino like this.
  18. puccellino
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

haha ......you made me laugh there ..................i imagined those physical signs may be 32 dd's.

by the way, i'm teasing you, i don't think you do physical enhancements .............you mentioned something more serious and life saving in another post.

Slatter191 likes this.
  19. Slatter191
    Lollipop Jun 6, 2016

My OPOs, even after 2 years are running great, never had an issue, like bootloops, apps crashing, thanks to @gaster , deep wipe, always perform a full clean install, advanced wipe, including internal storage, back up using TB pro, none hardware issues... can't complain, only if it had a decent camera would probably have not bothered maybe for another couple of years.

gaster and puccellino like this.
  20. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2016

nilrb , Jun 6, 2016 :
    Well, we haven't seen the camera of OP3 other than the leaks - did we?:p