Should I go for OnePlus 7Pro or 6T still a good option

1. ArjunpalSingh
    Froyo May 2, 2019

ArjunpalSingh , May 2, 2019 :
    Hello everyone as we all know OnePlus 7 and 7pro are just around the corner and in India one plus just dropped the prices for 6t for all models. From all the info I can gather I have found the following info

1. One Plus 7 will be almost same as 6T just few minor changes (maybe batter increase and the SND 855)
    2. One plus 7 will cost a little bit more than 6T
    3. OnePlus 7 pro will cost as much as Samsung Galaxy S10

Right now I m using 3T. So please suggest what should I do.

2. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 2, 2019

Lumarie and arjunpalwalia like this.
  3. gk_5445
    Gingerbread May 2, 2019

4. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 2, 2019

iNtEnSePL , May 2, 2019 :
    so untrue. I'm happy for that hidden camera as I couldn't care less about selfies.

5. akki10395
    Eclair May 2, 2019

6. Jeremy_Vincent
    Froyo May 3, 2019

Jeremy_Vincent , May 3, 2019 :
    I purchased my OP6T on April 26, knowing fully well that OnePlus was readying the OP7Pro and OP7 launch. The reason for my purchase had to do with two factors. The first one being I had a $20 voucher and $1.50 off accessories. Basically got the Ebony Wood Bumper case for $8.45. The second reason being that I always wanted the OG OP6 and could finally afford to purchase it. I have no buyer's remorse. I wanted this particular phone, so I pulled the trigger and got this particular phone .

Last edited: May 3, 2019

drl431 and iNtEnSePL like this.
  7. meatandy
    Oreo May 3, 2019

meatandy , May 3, 2019 :
    Wait for the 7 , I'm sure OnePlus or another reseller will have a few 6Ts laying around for sale , besides the closer you get to the launch date your chances will increase that the price will decrease.

8. akki10395
    Eclair May 3, 2019

akki10395 , May 3, 2019 :
    Thanks for suggestion mate.

meatandy likes this.
  9. robocom
    Donut May 3, 2019

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 3, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 3, 2019 :
    Not necessarily. Upgrading frequently also means that you still have a good resell value and don't have to spend as much when switching devices while always having the latest and greatest. It's mostly a personal choice.

That said, I'm still quite happy with the 5T.

Logancd1 and robocom like this.
  11. robocom
    Donut May 3, 2019

robocom , May 3, 2019 :
    True but, what the company wants is for you to buy their latest model even though there is only little change.
    And about the resale price, for example if you sell your one plus 5T now for 200 dollars less than the original price or if you had sold your one plus 5T when the one plus 6 had been released for 100 dollars less than the original price and had bought a new one plus 6/6T and sold that again for a 100 dollars less now(when the one plus 7 is being released). In both ways going from the 5T to the 7 you will have used 200 dollars.
    The prices are just a figure.

12. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 3, 2019

camohan , May 3, 2019 :
    Based on the rumours and official announcements, I think you got point 1 and 2 absolutely not in a right direction.

Taking decisions is tough, but one has to start from somewhere. Consider this as the first challenge and decide for yourself.

13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 3, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 3, 2019 :
    That was the point I was trying to make. Updating frequently isn't necessarily a "waste" as you put it.

I honestly don't think that OnePlus (or any brand) specifically targets the people that bought their previous gen device. In fact, the OnePlus 6 got Nightscape, which was one of the things that could've been a OnePlus 6T exclusive to make it more enticing.

14. Logancd1
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2019

Logancd1 , May 3, 2019 :
    Let's take a deeper look at this idea of constantly upgrading and reselling vs holding onto a phone for as long as you can. We'll use one of the more recent devices as our example for holding onto the phone for a while.

SITUATION A
    If you were to purchase a OnePlus 6T, 8GB RAM 128GB storage (safer to have a little more RAM for long term), you're spending $579 USD. Let's say you make that phone last 3 years. That's an average of $193 USD per year.

SITUATION B
    Now, let's say you bought the Thunder Purple OnePlus 6T (potentially higher resale value) for $579 USD, but then sold it prior to the OnePlus 7 series launch. The 6T with those specs is going for around $500 USD on Swappa right now; we'll say you can sell for $530. Figuring $30 of that goes to shipping and Swappa fees, you lose a total of $79 on the entire deal. $79 for roughly 6 months of use on a phone. You buy the OnePlus 7 (or 7 Pro) and figure a similar trajectory as far as resale value goes, and continue to use that strategy over the next several years, and you're looking at roughly $160 USD per year on average.

The difference is, in Situation A, you ended up with a phone that's 3 years old and odds are you couldn't continue to use that phone for much longer. In Situation B, however, you ended up with a phone that is the latest and greatest. You have the most recent camera, the most recent chipset, the most recent Android version, the most recent processor, GPU, screen, etc.

robocom likes this.
  15. robocom
    Donut May 4, 2019

robocom , May 4, 2019 :
    OK then you should go for the one plus 7.

16. OPO OOS lover
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2019

OPO OOS lover , May 4, 2019 :
    Do what you can do
    But my suggestion is you wait till OnePlus 7 is released and in case if it is found that it's better than the POCO phone F1 then I suggest you buy the OnePlus 7 pro

P.S- OnePlus doesn't support their even numbered phones

May the 4th be with you

17. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb May 25, 2019

BlackKnight2332 , May 25, 2019 :
    both are good options the OP 7Pro is a beast, far exceedes almost all flagships out there except camera performance. Camera Performance could be corrected with software updates, it is a Sony sensor.

18. ANONYMOOSE_82
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2019

ANONYMOOSE_82 , May 25, 2019 :
    I switched from 6T to 7 Pro, don't regret it at all. I have nothing negative to say and haven't had the issues others complain about. I would do it again.

19. J1558351900781
    Cupcake May 25, 2019

J1558351900781 , May 25, 2019 :
    It really depends on you. I started with the 7pro and after 3 days, exchanged it for the 6t. I hated the curved screen which is much more pronounced than Samsung, and the overall size of the device was just a bit big. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice device, but the camera wasn't good and the overall design was not for me. I don't notice any difference in speed between the 6t and the 7pro. The flat front display is much better for me as well as the camera and battery life being better than the 7pro. Here in the US, the 6t was $150 USD cheaper and gives me a better experience.

20. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb May 25, 2019

BlackKnight2332 , May 25, 2019 :
    The speakers are louder and clearer, Bluetooth has higher SNR, screen is faster and looks sharper, Charging is faster. I don't like the curved screen either but o can learn to deal with it. Haptic motor is vastly improved.