Should I install an anti virus on my one plus one?

1. Bipin parackal
    Gingerbread May 1, 2015

Bipin parackal , May 1, 2015 :
    Should I install an anti virus on my one plus one?

Are you people using an anti virus?
    Is it necessory ?

Please share your thoughts?

2. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 1, 2015

lukie257 likes this.
  3. leemartin
    Lollipop May 1, 2015

leemartin , May 1, 2015 :
    It's an interesting question that I feel does not have a definitive answer....

Skf123, Tobikage and Aiik like this.
  4. Ryan
    KitKat May 1, 2015

Ryan , May 1, 2015 :
    I wouldn't recommend it. From what I've read they cause a significant amount of battery drain. They also aren't very necessary. If you aren't sideloading apks from shady sites, then you should be fine.

Edit: If you ever do decide to sideload an apk you downloaded, you can use this site to scan it for malware. I always use it when I sideload an app (just in case).

kadowson, lukie257 and Takendown like this.
  5. badger906
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

badger906 , May 1, 2015 :
    nope. sensible browsing negates the need for a virus scanner.

I don't even recommend them for use on pcs. they zap too much resources and are a constant pain in the ***.

people who get viruses are the ones that's go on a website that says download this and win £1000000000"

or go on dodgy adult related sites that "require" a plug in to play videos.

lukie257 and FXA like this.
  6. Aiik
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2015

Aiik , May 1, 2015 :
    An antivirus is only useful when you are doing risky stuff. Are you downloading a lot of .apk files from the internet? In that case antivirus could be useful. But if you are using your phone to call and text your mother about dinner. Then it will be useless.

7. DennisFrett
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

DennisFrett , May 1, 2015 :
    I had Avast installed, but my battery doesn't last that long. Going to remove it now and see if the battery life increases.

8. antonio.ra
    Froyo May 1, 2015

antonio.ra , May 1, 2015 :
    Scam

JelleZon likes this.
  9. Zap94
    Gingerbread May 1, 2015

Zap94 , May 1, 2015 :
    Did anyone say zap?

JelleZon likes this.
  10. FXA

FXA , May 1, 2015 :
    I also don't use Antivirus, but on PC, I run an AntiVirus Boot CD from time to time.

11. xpress7
    Honeycomb May 1, 2015

WakaWakaWaka and Tobikage like this.
  12. Tobikage
    Nougat May 1, 2015

Tobikage , May 1, 2015 :
    Unless you are installing untrusted app's from untrustworthy sites...

or browsing for ¶r0n on trashy sites , No need to worry...

13. Skf123
    Marshmallow May 1, 2015

Skf123 , May 1, 2015 :
    Lookout seems to be pretty good and i can't say I've ever noticed it draining battery, it only really kicks in when you download a new app.

14. artcavalea
    Froyo May 1, 2015

artcavalea , May 1, 2015 :
    I like eset. I can scan attachments before forwarding them on to a "ugh" windows box. it also has a slew of simplified "security features that are handy for the wife unit to use. I'm sure that I go against the grain here but I run eset malwarebytes greenify and ccleaner on it just for prior reasons and simplicity. battery use of them combined is negligible if not improved due to controlling processes that would be running amuck

15. Rafi Ali
    Gingerbread May 1, 2015

Rafi Ali , May 1, 2015 :
    Yes I hate those pop up ads that lock up your web browser.. happened to me twice trying to play a live stream.. also had ad block on ... no virus downloaded though or was in any apk files.. used and deleted malwarebtyes almost immediately after noticed how much battery it took on a hour scan

16. shokk
    Honeycomb May 1, 2015

shokk , May 1, 2015 :
    I use avast and it doesn't drain the battery on my opo.i get excellent battery life. I would recommend anti virus . Pays to be cautious imo.

17. bombadier
    KitKat May 1, 2015

bombadier , May 1, 2015 :
    Why do you need to ? Seriously really do not see the point, if you know what you are installing then there should be no problems, stay away from apps from dodgy sources

18. Enyalius
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

Enyalius , May 1, 2015 :
    I still can't understand why people would want an antivirus on their phone. I mean, if you're using your phone with common sense, it doesn't matter if you download something every hour or once a year, if you know what you're doing, you don't need an antivirus.

sjketchen likes this.
  19. thedrunkknight