Should I return the Oneplus 3 and buy the Iphone 7 plus?

1. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Jun 18, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Jun 18, 2016 :
    You get what you paid :p iPhone 7 will be almost triple it's price and for that you get what you paid ;)

2. prezes5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 18, 2016

prezes5 , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Yes it is. Stereo speakers do make a difference plus the sound processor is amazing. OPO screen is nice, but the amoled is really colorful. Even with the case it is easier to hold than my OPO with a case although it's a bigger phone. Camera is a huge improvement right out of the box. Quick charge is a huge improvement and battery lasts longer. Software is pretty much on par in both.

doekus and MBDTF like this.
  3. robdevil
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

robdevil , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Why you considering iPhone against smartphone?

4. EcoVB
    Honeycomb Jun 18, 2016

EcoVB , Jun 18, 2016 :
    I hope you know that "Gymnasium" means sport-centre in english? I think the word you´re looking for is grammar-school. I can´t follow your argumentation though. I´m a student as well and for some reason I did manage to survive shool without an IPhone, but with an OPO instead. Guess what, it served effectively as a efficiency-device even without IOS and the pictures are also fantastic....Plus, I saved 400 bucks, which I could spend alternatively, and I´m still perfectly satisfied with it. No broken screens, no castration through IOS and most important: customisation through the roof! I bought a phone wich is through and through mine. Not just a cheap carrier for an overrated OS, which basicly allows you only to play wiht it, but not to change it after your wishes.

Just saying.

5. MBDTF
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

MBDTF , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Why go to personal attacks?
    First of all, this thread is closed, and I decided to keep the OP3, I was being paranoid that It would turn out as the OP2 on launch with buggy Oxygen OS.

Gymnasium is correct in Swedish, it could mean a sport-centre or Senior high school.
    Was it really necessary to go on to personal attacks?

Edit: Go on translate and type "gymnasium" from Swedish to English and look at the nouns.

I don't know if it's me who should go to grammar school or you who typed:
    "english" instead of English
    "you´re" instead of you're
    "a efficeny-device" instead of an
    "wich" instead of which
    "basicly" instead of basically

English isn't even my native language, it's my third.

If you can't understand my point of view, to bad for you, I clearly explained what was compelling with iOS and the iPhone 7 which is that it's a relatively bug free and smooth experience with long native OS support compared to the Oneplus 3.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to stick with the OP3 and I'm fairly confident that I won't change my opinion on this in the future, but it's not from your reasoning.

Just because an Opel is good according to you, doesn't mean it is for everybody.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016

6. csabreu

csabreu , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Sorry but when I see comments like these I can't but laugh. My old Nexus 4 is rocking MM 6.0.1 you know and I bet to you that it will run Android N as well, like my OP1 in a few months.

theshinybeast likes this.
  7. MBDTF
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

MBDTF , Jun 18, 2016 :
    I meant officially and not a ROM, doesn't matter though, I'm sticking with the OP3, was a little paranoid previously.

8. csabreu

csabreu , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Glad that you thought better on the matter. User experience should be about similar using an official or customized ROM. Later ones are even better many times, at least that's my opinion.

MBDTF likes this.
  9. MBDTF
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

MBDTF , Jun 18, 2016 :
    I saw a video on Paranoid Android which looks enticing to say the least :p

10. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Jun 18, 2016

ilovesoneplus , Jun 18, 2016 :
    U get 95% of the experience of s7 edge with Op3,ok I'll have what your smoking lol

11. MBDTF
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

MBDTF , Jun 18, 2016 :
    Experience, not performance.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  12. MBDTF
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2016

MBDTF , Jun 18, 2016 :
    The pros of OP3 experience, you get get almost the same performance SD820 vs SD820 but maybe even slightly better in games as it uses a 1080p screen. The UI looks better according to me too.
    The S7 Edge has better battery life though aswell as a better camera and is waterproof.

According to me your experience on the OP3 will probably be almost as good as the S7, but that's a matter of opinion.

If you don't agree, please feel free to elaborate.

13. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jun 18, 2016

14. EcoVB
    Honeycomb Jun 18, 2016

EcoVB , Jun 18, 2016 :
    I'm really sorry if you felt offended. I had no intentions to do so.
    On the other side, I'm happy to hear that you came to a reasonable decision.

Note: I know this is childish, but you wrote 'Opel' instead of 'OPO' (which is a generally accepted abbreviation for OnePlus One). Just to avoid misunderstandings ;)

Typos can happen! Even in the best families. It's just awkward to pick on my typing mistakes...especially if you make one too...twice...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016

15. MBDTF
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2016

MBDTF , Jun 19, 2016 :
    Haha no offence taken, sorry I was maybe a little harsh. I was refering to Opel the car brand, not the phone as an analogy.

16. Peterxxx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2016

Peterxxx , Jun 19, 2016 :
    Do you sell it?

17. prezes5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2016

prezes5 , Jun 19, 2016 :
    Nope, I'm keeping it.

They did discount it again so it should be very cheap. I bought it after the first discount, but read they did a 2nd price drop. Nexus 2016 is right around the corner.

18. shanPLT
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2016

19. delpinsky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 29, 2016

delpinsky , Jun 29, 2016 :
    By the way the OP3 Camera is better than iPhone 6S Plus.
    Only the video department is better on iPhone (at the moment).

But the question is dumb, sorry, but one phone costs 400€ and the other one 900€. How can you even ask it?:confused:

20. sunshying
    Donut Jul 22, 2016

sunshying , Jul 22, 2016 :
    You only need to wait for another 2 months at most to see the real iPhone 7/Plus. Maybe except iPhone and OP, many other 2016 hit gadgets are also worth buying! Acturally, I'm quite look forward the upcoming Windows 10 phone - Surface Phone....... Because i'm tired of iOS and Android phones and want to try Windows Phone.o_O:cool::p:D