Should I settle for OnePlus 6?

?

Settle for the OnePlus 6?

1. Yes.

55.6%
  2. No, get the 5T.

19.4%
  3. No, get another phone (please specify in the comments or PM).

25.0%
  1. Brunor17
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2018

Brunor17 , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I have a OnePlus One, which is still running Cyanogen Mod. The phone is still very fast, but the battery is draining way too fast and it really needs to be replaced.

I was going to buy a 5T, but since I imagined the 6 launch would follow shortly, I decided to wait a little longer. However, OnePlus really let me down with the announcement of the notch :(. I think the phone looks ugly, and the Huaweii solution of concealing the notch is not really a solution since it will still be visible (I've had a P20 in my hand and tested this). Also, it seems the 6 will be overpriced with the pretext of having more "screen real estate" :(.

I am really unsure what phone to get now. Should I still go for the 5T (I can still buy it in my region), or should I settle for the 6 and try to get used to the notch (I don't think I will ever be happy with the phone's look)?

Is there a phone, with a similar quality and specs of OnePlus, and similar price (PM me if you don't want to talk about other brands here)?

2. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2018

3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 11, 2018 :
    You might want to wait until we have official confirmation of specs and price before taking any recommendations.

4. Phildonjohn
    Eclair Apr 11, 2018

Phildonjohn , Apr 11, 2018 :
    Definitely install a new battery, and I'd say wait it out since we are THIS close. Replacing the battery allows you to have a spare to replace your daily driver in the case it breaks. According to the most reasonable price leaks, there will be a 20 dollar price increase for the snapdragon 845, and better camera experience. If the actual device reveal will be that much of a turnoff, you will still almost certainly be able to acquire a 5t from 3rd party retailers like amazon.

5. MoWeb
    Froyo Apr 11, 2018

6. wagewor
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2018

wagewor , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I went from the One to a 5T, myself. Same Cyanogen build, as well. I'm very much enjoying the 5T (battery life is amazing compared to the One, in my experience), it's a great device for the price point. If you want to wait, go ahead. Sounds to me like you buy a handset and ride it until the wheels fall off, so why wait any longer? The increased radio performance alone is worth the upgrade.

zacthehammer likes this.
  7. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Apr 11, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I would wait for the launch and preferably for the first reviews before committing to a choice.

5T is a great device (I have it) but if I was on the market for a new phone, I'd wait for the new model. I also don't have great love for the notch but everyone says you get used to it after a couple of days. You can even black it out to help you deal with it.

Mi Mix 2S also looks like a nice contender but I prefer a stock like Android experience.

8. jermane propane
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

jermane propane , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I would definitely replace the battery in your OPO. I have replaced the battery and the bottom facing microphone on my Oneplus One. It's very easy to do and super cheap. My OPO still delivers as it should on a daily.

Although you are unsure of what phone to get, it seems like you have your mind made up about the Oneplus 6. If you are truly set on not having a phone with a notch; if the undisclosed price has you worried about paying too much and you are not willing to wait until the phone launches to hear reviews, then it looks like you are set on the 5T.

Oneplus gives you a near stock Android OS feel. I can't speak on other smartphone companies and the UIs for the phones, but the current specs SD845, ram, screen, etc, seem universal across Android phones. I am just trying to say you can find similar specs easily. If you want quality I would go with the names that you are seeing and hearing most. Sorry, I know this isn't much help. Good luck on your quest.

9. Alessandroneplus
    Eclair Apr 12, 2018

Alessandroneplus , Apr 12, 2018 :
    SD 845 of 1+6 is more future proof and longer support. Wait and go for it, for that extra penny. You'll get used to the notch, people are overreacting about that stupid cutout.
    peace.

Predict23 likes this.
  10. v1cious
    Eclair Apr 12, 2018

v1cious , Apr 12, 2018 :
    definitely go with the 5t. imo the best OnePlus design ever especially in Lava Red. and the fingerprint placement is nice (and round-shaped). OnePlus 6 might come with glass back which is not as nice as aluminum finish on 5t. I LOVE IT

AnixOpz and P1520770731857 like this.
  11. ninja123456
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2018

12. stephenboyo
    KitKat Apr 12, 2018

stephenboyo , Apr 12, 2018 :
    Just get something else OnePlus died with the OPO all you'll get with the OP6 is another fast overclocked OPPO shell with dodgy software.

13. Tommy6860
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2018

Tommy6860 , Apr 12, 2018 :
    I've not heard of the Mi Mix before, but I have certainly heard of Xiaomi. I read this review here and it looks like a good phone. https://www.androidcentral.com/xiaomi-mi-mix-2s

dsmonteiro likes this.
  14. Batman360
    Oneplus Co-Creator Award 2021, Accessory Tester Writers' Club Apr 12, 2018

Batman360 , Apr 12, 2018 :
    why should you settle....never bro... just wait for 6t [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]but seriously i too think you should wait a little and see what people has to review

15. SiddharthPatil
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2018

16. Rahul_Singh_Kshatri
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2018

Rahul_Singh_Kshatri , Apr 12, 2018 :
    I think OnePlus should release 6 and 6t at a time only once in a year rather than releasing the new product for every 3-6 months of period. It should take enough time to develop all the new technology and give time to the customers to enjoy the phone completely. company should also think about customers point of view rather than making money .
    PS : Ask a OnePlus 5 or 5t user to know how it feels after buying a new 33k or 38k phone and after a short period of usage company reveals a new flagship
    (personally it sucks dammmm....)

MoWeb and P1520770731857 like this.
  17. birat.b
    Donut Apr 12, 2018

birat.b , Apr 12, 2018 :
    You hate the notch,then get the 5T.One of the best phones ever. Otherwise maybe wait a little longer for the 6T but even the 6T will almost surely get a notch.

zacthehammer and P1520770731857 like this.
  18. Ben K Luade
    Eclair Apr 12, 2018

Ben K Luade , Apr 12, 2018 :
    Once you use the phone for an extended period of time the notch really isn't an issue, people are following the norm of hating the notch, it's not like you lose any screen space instead notifications are pushed to the notch area. Wait for the 6, future proof yourself for a little bit.

19. P1520770731857
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2018

P1520770731857 , Apr 12, 2018 :
    More future proof, but by how much? I don't think it's that much difference over 835

20. G_Joaquim_Aruja_BFDa
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2018

G_Joaquim_Aruja_BFDa , Apr 12, 2018 :
    fix the battery and wait for the notch hype to get over. because everybody is looking at a 100% or near to 100% screen device. Vivo has done so OnePlus might give it a shot next time.