Signs of old age

1. AhsuPasu
    Gingerbread Mar 4, 2019

AhsuPasu , Mar 4, 2019 :
    My old phone is showing signs of annoyance. Firstly, my phone will keep restarting at most to 3 times a day at random moment
    Secondly, my phone will connect to VPN automatically without my permission as soon after a restart
    Thirdly, my phone will lag and not as smooth as b4. Opening an app or refreshing my feed will take longer than b4 abt 3-4 sec and it really sux
    Fourth, phone will stutter alot when connecting to my Bluetooth headset even when phone is in my back pocket or in my hand. It will also play an app through the notification without me open it.
    Fifth, phone will start to drain tremendous amount of battery
    Sixth, phone starts to disturb me with notification alot compared to the previous time when only important notification will be appeared. even sometime it will vibrate but there's no notification. This only happens when i turned off my phone
    seventh, Ram management is also affected. only like 3 to 4 app is only able to remain. 6 gb turns to like 3 gb of ram. sad

My phone is just at its deathbed. Im just writing down to tell how once a smooth powerful 2 year old phone is now at its worst. I know the solution is factory reset but i will only do that once i found a replacement from this phone

2. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 4, 2019

camohan , Mar 4, 2019 :
    I did not quiet understand. When you know the solution why are you even waiting for a replacement phone?
    Take a backup and do a factory reset, get all those things back and see if it works fine.

3. AhsuPasu
    Gingerbread Mar 4, 2019

4. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Mar 4, 2019

ghostofcain , Mar 4, 2019 :
    Most of those issues sound like they are related to 3rd party apps, just bite the bullet and factory reset.

The VPN issue rings alarm bells for me, if it autoconnects inspite of you never giving the app that permission, uninstall it and find another aapp.VPN apps have the capability to log everything you do through them, if they abuse app permissions, god only knows what other hijinks they are committing.

Telegtron likes this.
  5. guthrajamali
    Eclair Mar 4, 2019

guthrajamali , Mar 4, 2019 :
    ah yes, my mother is also like this,

showing signs of old age, too many notification "do this, do that", it is very bad!

ododav likes this.
  6. Daniel Hee
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2019

Daniel Hee , Mar 8, 2019 :
    get your battery replaced, things will improve (but don't get your hopes up too high), most VPN's have a feature that allows it to connect automatically on reboot, if you do not want that to happen, disable it in the vpn's settings.

7. Daniel Hee
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2019

Daniel Hee , Mar 8, 2019 :
    you can also try try dual cache clearing before factory resetting
    go to settings-storage- clear cache from there. then reboot to recovery and clear cache from there again

8. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Mar 8, 2019

anupritaisno1 , Mar 8, 2019 :
    Never clear caches. This is a myth