Silver Bullet Headphones - 1st impressions...

1. Badmungo
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014

Badmungo , Oct 13, 2014 :
    I've not done a review before so will update this as I go along...

Box arrived - yay! all looks very premium, as you'd expect from OPO, a little plastic box inside a imprinted cardboard box.
    DSC_0020.JPG

Naturally, once you unwind the cable from the spindle thing, you'll never be able to get it back quite the same. Plus - LOOK AT THAT! THEY'VE PUT THE HEADPHONES THE WRONG WAY ROUND! My OCD was twitching as soon as I saw this....
    DSC_0018.JPG

Control is on the cable to right ear, which feels a bit weird, as it's been on the left on previous headphones I've had.

Playing music(Tested with Aphex Twin - Syro using Poweramp app):
    Sound leakage when volume goes above 7. Probably going to annoy people on the tube.
    Play/Pause - worked fine with the centre button
    volume up/down - yes. all good.
    Earbuds - I've got medium ears and used the medium buds that were already fitted to the headphones. little bit snug but the silicon was soft and comfortable.

Test Call (on Three network in UK):
    1st call I made my wife could hear me, but I couldn't hear her. GREAT SUCCESS! lol, joking dear, please don't divorce me...

Was a bit worrying though. We tried again with me in a different room and it seemed to work OK. Terrible echo of my own voice on the call but I put that down to her Sony phone, it happens without the headset too. managed to answer and hang up using the centre button.

Camera: (Tested using Camera FV-5 app):
    For some reason it's not mentioned in the instruction booklet, but as mentioned by OPO, using the middle button while camera is active DOES take a picture. However, as I have to set up the image (tap focus, ISO, White Balance etc) on the screen, I don't see much point in being able to take the final picture from the remote? Oh well, it's better to have a function you don't use rather than not have one you need. (Pic taken by pushing the button, don't diss my cuticles) :)
    DSC_0022.JPG

Previously been using Monster DNA in-ear phones so these will take a little time to get used to. will update tomorrow when I've done my 5hrs of travelling to work and back :/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

2. Badmungo
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014

Update: seen on another review there's apparently a calibration app for the silver bullets - not sure if it's only in Chinese though? Link me up, people...

Reflect Stratos and blazzeek like this.
  3. manosome
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2014

4. Badmungo
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014

I'm not viewing that through the Cardboard. 2D Jim Carrey is scary enough!

Aaahh and blazzeek like this.
  5. blazzeek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2014

6. hellodonk
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2014

hellodonk , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Nice first impression

I've received my earphones today as well so will do a video review in the next few days

:) PEACE

blazzeek likes this.
  7. Reflect Stratos
    KitKat Oct 13, 2014

blazzeek likes this.
  8. BradRDavis
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2014

blazzeek likes this.
  9. Byukk
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2014

Byukk , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Have you tried putting it back into the case like the Apple Earpods? Seems like it'd be the same.

10. mohamed

mohamed , Oct 13, 2014 :
    You sound like your from London init blood!...so may I please ask how you got your hands on one? I
    only mention it because it still appears as "coming soon" in my store!

11. kamityy
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2014

kamityy , Oct 13, 2014 :
    What about sound quality? Compared to something like Sennheiser, or Bose, or even Monster, cheap Sony's, SkullCandy's?

12. Lunatasian
    KitKat Oct 13, 2014

Lunatasian , Oct 13, 2014 :
    A review! Yay! Thanks! :)

13. Zeuroid
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2014

14. BradRDavis
    Jelly Bean Oct 13, 2014

BradRDavis , Oct 13, 2014 :
    It was available for order for a couple hours last week

15. Badmungo
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014

Yeah, I've tried, but the *&%&^ing cable just will NOT wrap round the spindle in a neat line like it was when I opened the box!! ARGH!

16. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Oct 13, 2014

Badmungo likes this.
  17. mohamed

mohamed , Oct 13, 2014 :
    Ahaaaaaa thank you kind sir!

BradRDavis likes this.
  18. pixelatedpic
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2014

pixelatedpic , Oct 13, 2014 :
    nice headset + good info

19. Badmungo
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014

They seemed a bit bass-heavy, but I fiddle with my EQ and tone settings a lot. With everything switched off, they were...ok. bit bassier than my DNA ones but that's not always a good thing as it sounded a bit 'foggy' to me?

You can tell I've never reviewed anything before, can't you!

arvind603 and kamityy like this.
  20. aiantis
    Froyo Oct 13, 2014