Silver Bullets - Piercing through their price point

1. Cuerex
    KitKat Jan 3, 2015

Cuerex , Jan 3, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

Just received a pair of Silver Bullets some days ago so i thought about giving a direct review about what i think about them.

[​IMG]

Most Important factor for me, Sound:
    They possess a lively, full bodied frequency response, without too much boom and not too much shallow piercing highs which you can expect in this price range to compensate clarity.

A direct, detailed sound representation emerges on the warmer but brighter side which makes them sound very lively and swift but with a hint of a foil effect which doesn't let the dynamics fully emerge if you are used to pricier headphones.

While having an emphasized bass response, they still are suited for most genres.

What i really liked about them is the Soundstage i didn't expect from these. The immersion is really good.

The Mids are a bit recessed and sound distorted, voices sound a bit robotic but i'm comparing from a hi-fidelity standpoint so the average consumer wouldn't notice it too much.

Dynamics are a tad recessed, but on the other hand, they provide a very good resolution especially on the higher end.

[​IMG]

Usage:
    Easy entanglement, minimal rub sounds, long enough chord, doesn't fall out when running, doesn't feel like breaking apart when pulling them out of the pockets.

[​IMG]

Build Quality:
    A pure metal housing with fantastic finish to it. Nothing else to say.

The tips are perfectly sealing in my average sized ears and also sit sturdy on the housing.
    Connected through a tangle-free substance like chord is a remote which looks very minimalistic and works flawless with very good click feedback.

The microphone sits on the right in-ear speaker chord but its sound quality is pretty bad in comparison with the OPO. It's just enough for calls but what do you expect with that low price.

About the general build quality, they seem above average in comparison with 40€ in-ears atleast and better than Klipsch Image S4 to name a well known price/performance breaker.

Conclusion/Recommendation:
    Having a hard time finding cheap budget in-ears with decent sound? These are definitely good enough to be considered one of the better budget picks.

The Live-like sound will give you a great time on your bus rides or joggs.

They have probably zero cons, a clipper would be nice though, but everything is well worth the money.

If you want to know more about it look here:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/research-oneplus-one-silver-bullet.121869/

Test Hardware:
    OnePlus One/Qualcomm Hexagon DSP, PowerAMP
    MaiA (AIO AMP, Headphone AMP and DAC) / Foobar2000 Bit-Perfect audio/Wasapi Plugin

[​IMG]

test songs mixed 320kbits/flac:

Tora - Jaigantic
    Uppermost - Beautiful Light
    The XX - Angels (OdyC Remix)
    Symboria - Master
    Frontliner - I Wanna Give
    The Reign of Kindo - Make A Sound/ In the Orchestration

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

rmalko, Marianape, deepti.b14 and 5 others like this.
  2. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jan 3, 2015

rhtrex likes this.
  3. Sriborn2do
    Froyo Jan 3, 2015

4. Cuerex
    KitKat Jan 3, 2015

Cuerex , Jan 3, 2015 :
    if you are talking about price/performance, 10/10

if you talk about general audio fidelity 3/10

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015

miizoo, rhtrex, gusuraman and 2 others like this.
  5. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jan 3, 2015

RogueS4 , Jan 3, 2015 :
    Yes that is what I meant thanks.

rhtrex likes this.
  6. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Jan 3, 2015

ChrisTerp , Jan 3, 2015 :
    Thanks for the detailed review.

@gusuraman

gusuraman likes this.
  7. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jan 3, 2015

8. dannyrabbittang
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

9. rhtrex
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

Cuerex likes this.
  10. kindle1600
    Jan 4, 2015

kindle1600 , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Great review this will help me decide if I really want to purchase these headphones in the future.

11. AnnoyingLlama
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2015

12. Cuerex
    KitKat Jan 4, 2015

Cuerex , Jan 4, 2015 :
    yeah the dynamics are really unappealing if you are used to pricey audio gear

13. dabanhfreak
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2015

14. FrederikOlsen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 17, 2015

FrederikOlsen , Jan 17, 2015 :
    That title, you should write the titles for every techreview out there. Your title invokes poetry of the highest degree.

Cuerex likes this.
  15. Cuerex
    KitKat Jan 24, 2015

Cuerex , Jan 24, 2015 :
    that you think of it.. probably ^^