Sim card doesn't work

1. afy_p
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2015

2. DoitJ1
    KitKat Dec 5, 2015

DoitJ1 , Dec 5, 2015 :
    That's funny, it's like a puzzle, you see where the notches are and you put it there, it really is easy and logical.

3. DoitJ1
    KitKat Dec 5, 2015

DoitJ1 , Dec 5, 2015 :
    Are all the problems with T mobile? I have ATT and don't have a sim issues at all.

4. DoitJ1
    KitKat Dec 5, 2015

DoitJ1 , Dec 5, 2015 :
    Thinking back, there was an issue with the sim card when I first got my 2. I had the ATT people enter a different phone number that was already working. Like one of their Demos, actually they used a friend's number, it could even be an iPhone. For some reason that kicked it into gear. Why? I have no idea, but it worked. Try it.

5. xxlmoon23
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2015

xxlmoon23 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Same Problem here. German T-Mobile Card isnt working anymore. 4 weeks old...

6. DoitJ1
    KitKat Dec 9, 2015

DoitJ1 , Dec 9, 2015 :
    Have you tried what I said just above?

7. RealDanyo
    Froyo Dec 13, 2015

RealDanyo , Dec 13, 2015 :
    I have the same issue with my OnePlus X.

3 weeks old Nano from T-Mobile Germany. Won´t work in any other phone. :oops:

8. DoitJ1
    KitKat Dec 13, 2015

DoitJ1 , Dec 13, 2015 :
    Try turning it up side down. Mine actually was,o_O although I didn't know I had done that :confused:and now my op2 flies!! :eek::eek::eek:

9. xxlmoon23
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2015

10. Deactivated User
    Dec 16, 2015

11. bloody1
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2015

bloody1 , Dec 18, 2015 :
    Same problem here it seems like its only the sim in slot 1. First it had connection problems from time to time till it stopped working at all. I used 2 brand new t-mobile cards in the phone. Now the replacement card seems like getting connection problems again.

12. TheSushiFly
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2015

TheSushiFly , Dec 20, 2015 :
    Same problem here as well. First it had connection problems from time to time till it stopped working at all. I used 2 brand new t-mobile cards in the phone after 4 weeks they stop working....

13. CommanderWayan
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2016

14. Christoph_Vienna_OP2
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2016

Christoph_Vienna_OP2 , Jan 6, 2016 :
    I am having the same issue with my OP2, for the second time. My operator is T-Mobile Austria. One week after purchasing my phone, the SIM card I had used in my OP1 and HTC ONE M8 for over 2 years, quitted function. Now, four weeks later, the new SIM won't work (in any phone). This is very annoying, how often will this happen again?

One thing I noticed is the following: Both times, i noticed the broken SIM in the morning after I had turned on the "Favorites only" mode with the alert slider the night before.

Is there any official statement from OnePlus yet?

15. CommanderWayan
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2016

CommanderWayan , Jan 7, 2016 :
    I haven't heard of a statement yet, just contacted the chat, and i was advised to do a cache wipe and a factory reset. As I tried this with the first failure, I replied that it will not help, then I was told to open a ticket. I did and now I am waiting for an answer since monday.

in my both cases the SIM dropped out while tryiing to call somebody. The phone tried to build up the call and them came up with the error that the net service is not available. For the first SIM, 6 or 7 times a restart helped before it died completely, the second SIM died right at the first error.

I found some more threads related to this, but no really satisfying answer yet.

https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/Handys-Datengeräte/AW-Defekte-Sim-Karte-beim-Oneplus-One/m-p/1589987#U1589987

http://alltech-reviews.de/oneplus-two-killt-telekom-sim-karten/

http://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/oneplus-2-sim-karte-ohne-funktion.732382/

In the last thread they talk about 2 deep scratches in the Card, i have the same scratches in both defective cards, but I only inserted them once, so i guess this could be normal...

Greetingz
    Wayan

16. Paramahamsa
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

17. T.B.
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2016

T.B. , Jan 22, 2016 :
    We investigating this sim card t-mobile issue since 2015/12 Month. occurred with m2m Devices.
    Our partner and we as manufacturer dealing with their support / T- mobile dont respond when we asked for Technical specifications of these sims. M2M.
    My partner dont get answer as well - and T-Mobile keep replacing the sim Cards. What is more or less time money consuming. anyone in this forum have some specification of those Faulty M2M sims from T- Mobile?

18. Vehe_Mence
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2016

Vehe_Mence , Jan 22, 2016 :
    Is it just German sims? Seems to be German on T-Mobile with life expectancy of 4 weeks.

I should be getting a US T-Modile sim soon. My carrier went out of business. Will I experience this issue?

19. T.B.
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2016

20. chronocommando
    Eclair Jan 22, 2016

chronocommando , Jan 22, 2016 :
    Same Problem for me. I had vodafone before and no problems at all for almost a year. Then I was migrated to t-mobile (Germany). My first sim card lastet 2-3 month then the problem started. As many others first the signal dropped and I had to reboot. The intervals between the reboots decreased. Then this trick did not work anymore and I had to replace the sim card. My actual sim card is around 4 weeks old and the same thing seems to repeat because i just had to reboot the phone 5 minutes ago.