Eclair Jan 24, 2016

2. Rowman
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2016

Rowman , Jan 24, 2016 :
    I had to replace my tmobile sim twice in 6 month because it stopped working

3. Heavy2beat
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2016

Heavy2beat , Jan 24, 2016 :
    Is there no answer from Oneplus? I think this problem also exists on the Oneplus One..

4. T.B.
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2016

T.B. , Jan 26, 2016 :
    any source from where i can get this technical data sheet of the sim?
    T-Mobile, no answer. Posted 3 days ago. chat is busy, hotline - answering machine. nice customer care

5. Mathimon
    Eclair Jan 26, 2016

Mathimon , Jan 26, 2016 :
    Here is an official Statement from TMobile-Germany which confirm and explain the problem:
    https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/...im-Karte-beim-Oneplus-One/td-p/1589987/page/8

Summary in English:
    The TMobile-Sim has some special features.
    The Sim ask the the Oneplus Two if it supports this features.
    The Oneplus two answers YES i can.
    Now the sim deliver datas and the OnePlus Two answer with a ErrorMessage.
    This procedure repeats again and again....
    Everytime a some datas will be written on the sim.
    After 100.000 - 200.000 writings the memory on the sim is destroyed.
    This will last up to nine weeks.
    The opinion from TMobile is, that the OnePlus is the problem. The problem must be solved by OnePlus.

Heavy2beat likes this.
  6. Heavy2beat
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2016

Heavy2beat , Jan 26, 2016 :
    Mathimon, have you send a message to the OnePlus Support? It would be interesting what they say.

7. Mathimon
    Eclair Jan 28, 2016

Mathimon , Jan 28, 2016 :
    I open a support-ticket today. But i think it will be the same standard answer:
    reset your phone/change the simcard...:(

8. Motch1391
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2016

Motch1391 , Feb 1, 2016 :
    Having the same problem, T-Mobile Austria..
    Even worse is that they charge money for every time their faulty sim cards die.
    Both parties, OnePlus and T-Mobile should see into this issue, OnePlus for sending these Error Messages and T-Mobile for making sure their cards don't send these weird request 200000 times in 9 weeks, i mean that's every half minute if the phone is running 24/7

My first card died after two weeks, the second lasted 4 weeks.. now it's dead again..

Edit: I'm using a OnePlusX

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016

9. tpmuri
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2016

10. Motch1391
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2016

Motch1391 , Feb 1, 2016 :
    Today I requested a new SIM Card on the Austrian T-Mobile Service Chat and asked about the problem. The person on the chat said that they really have problems with their Sim Cards and that they have already notified the manufacturer but they currently can't give any information about what the problem is.
    I'm not sure if this was just a standard answer to calm the angry customer or if they are really on it but at least I got a free new SIM

11. joannashing
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2016

joannashing , Feb 2, 2016 :
    I have had my phone since it first came out and I had only 1 sim in it until I put another sim in it. worked for a few days then BAM both dont work today. what the hell? Tried both sims in a different phone and they work.
    Also, in settings, the network and connections part. If i click More... it just blinks and goes back to home screen.
    Come on. I know this phone isnt as expensive as other brand name phones but still cost over 400 euro.
    Tried the paper thing and it still does not work.
    HELP

12. patfrank
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2016

patfrank , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Second SIM was destroyed this weekend... Also german t-mobile card and lasted around one month like the previous one. Smartphone is useless if I have to buy a new SIM every month for 20 euros...

13. devloop
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2016

devloop , Feb 8, 2016 :
    I have that issue too (T-Mobile Austria) and the support of oneplus is so bad they doesn't know anything besides their "service-checklists" I just swapped the SIM second time in 8 weeks. Perhaps some media rant makes them to move.

14. chaiyz
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2016

chaiyz , Feb 9, 2016 :
    MY OPO was working fine, it's been allowed to do all updates. I was on the phone Saturday and when I tried to hang up, I noticed it was stuck. I rebooted the phone and NO SIM DETECTED. Later I tried the sim in another phone and it works. Still nothing. I did a factory reset, still not detecting any SIM I try. Hope there's a fix because I now feel like a chump.

15. NatusOP
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2016

NatusOP , Feb 11, 2016 :
    Got a version 'C/V7' sim card today from T-Mobile Germany which is said to be not affected.

16. Mathimon
    Eclair Feb 17, 2016