Sim contacts not showing in contact manager

1. Karthick Mike
    Donut Feb 14, 2019

Karthick Mike , Feb 14, 2019 :
    I have saved few contacts on my sim card but those contacts not showing on my contact list ..each & everytime I need to copy the contacts to my phone storage or to my Google contacts .. I have attached snapshots for ref ..

Attached Files:

2. The1Lion
    Lollipop Feb 14, 2019

The1Lion , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Are you using the contact manager to import from your sim?

3. Karthick Mike
    Donut Feb 14, 2019

yes.. I'm using contact manager to export from sim to phone/Google for every new contacts saved on sim ..

4. The1Lion
    Lollipop Feb 14, 2019

Hard for me to say since I do not have any contact on my SIM (had moved all to Google prior to switching carriers a few year back). Have you also tried to export to the "contacts file" VSF or something similar? Then tried to import from that file? I would think importing from the SIM would be good enough but apparently not so I can only think of this method which at least give you file and perhaps if it doesn't work for the contact manager, you still have the file and can try to use it to import into your Google contacts.

5. Karthick Mike
    Donut Feb 14, 2019

I'm using dual sim ... on my device in office time I I'll remove 2nd sim from my device & put it on a basic mobile to use ..& the contacts which I save on my 2nd sim are not displaying on my OnePlus when I put on 2nd sim ..

I will always backup/sync all my contacts to google ..

6. The1Lion
    Lollipop Feb 14, 2019

So your Google contacts are not displaying after doing the sync? Perhaps try turning that "off" and then switch back to using the Google contacts to see if it refreshes? I know from experience the sync for Google works across multiple SIMS because when I first move my wife to Android I used my personal account and we ended up sharing each others contacts - I have a ton of contacts now who I don't really know! :D

You can try to sync, open a browser to "Google" site, check the contacts and see if they have been added?

7. Karthick Mike
    Donut Feb 14, 2019

I think you dint get what Im coming to say ... I'm using 2 sim cards on my OnePlus .. when im Inisde office I I'll remove the 2nd sim from OnePlus & I'll put sim on a basic mobile ( basic mobile won't sync any contacts with Google ) so if I save any contact on my 2nd sim which is available on basic mobile is not displaying on my OnePlus after I put back the sim from the basic mobile to OnePlus..

8. The1Lion
    Lollipop Feb 14, 2019

Ah, you are right and I misunderstood what you were saying. So now the question is are the contacts from the basic mobile actually being saved onto the SIM? If the SIM is in your OP device or any other device if you have one available, can that device see the contacts on the SIM card?

I actually was curious so I just added a contact directly to my SIM. It did not show in my contacts for my "Phone". I then went to contact manager and choose "Export all to phone" (or something like that - it actually does a popup showing phone, google and a couple other contact storage/links and I choose Phone) and then deleted the contact from the SIM (I did this just to make sure if it showed it was not showing what was on the SIM but actually stored on the phone). When I went back into my phone/dialer, the contact had been added.

I know this is different from what you are doing as you are using one phone with contacts that you are trying to save to the SIM, then replace the SIM in the OP device and trying to export from SIM to the phone/Google but it that's not working then either the other mobile is not actually saving the contacts to the SIM or it is putting them in a format the OP device does not recognize (although that would seem very odd)

If all that fails, you can try bluetooth if the older mobile has it. Here is an article that may help with transferring the contacts

9. Karthick Mike
    Donut Aug 25, 2019

Karthick Mike , Aug 25, 2019 :

I actually was curious so I just added a contact directly to my SIM. It did not show in my contacts for my "Phone". I then went to contact manager and choose "Export all to phone" (or something like that - it actually does a popup showing phone, google and a couple other contact storage/links and I choose Phone) and then deleted the contact from the SIM (I did this just to make sure if it showed it was not showing what was on the SIM but actually stored on the phone). When I went back into my phone/dialer, the contact had been added.----->>>>> Actually Contact which has been saved on Basic mobile & OP Device are in same Format no change in that .. If im going for Contact export option after i insert the 2nd Sim contacts got overlapped each & every-time when i Export. So lot of Duplicate Contacts are showing then it will an headache to delete the Duplicate contacts

im not asking for any special option to have on OP device ... If im selecting Display all Contacts in Contact setting its should show both SIM & other contacts thats it.. ...