Simultaneous Android Update

1. VamsiAmo2409
    Froyo Sep 25, 2019

VamsiAmo2409 , Sep 25, 2019 :
    If One Plus releases Android update for all eligible devices at once like Apple does, the community will appreciate it and stick to the company. my father has left his one plus 6t for the new iPhone 11 because one plus isn't interested in older devices, my mother's iPhone 8 has got the new ios13 update along with my brother's iPhone xs. this is one major reason y people leave other companies and opt for apple. if this is the state then my one plus 7pro will be there last Android phone I used and I will opt for iPhone 13 when it launches.

If u want your loyal users to stick with u , I request u to update all eligible devices at once rather than having rollouts in stages. Please we must learn how apple keeps it's user base happy and adopt it here.

2. VamsiAmo2409
    Froyo Sep 25, 2019

VamsiAmo2409 , Sep 25, 2019 :
    Let's all Put our voices and opinions here so that one plus can read and understand your issues.

3. FusionBomber
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2019

FusionBomber , Sep 28, 2019 :
    I second this.
    Every new variant of Android releases simultaneously on Pixel 1, Pixel 2 and Pixel 3 variants.
    Similarly every iOS drops simultaneously on all the supported iPhones.
    Since OnePlus is a company built around customer satisfaction they should look into this.

4. VamsiAmo2409
    Froyo Sep 28, 2019

VamsiAmo2409 , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Yeah let's push this so that people are aware and they can voice their opinion.

FusionBomber likes this.
  5. somenothingness , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Sep 29, 2019 :
    from the best I can tell Apple support their devices simultaneously for 5 years. one plus has only stated two years. And that's okay but when a phone is released and gets its first major update shortly after release and then the next year it's a little bit later and then the second year it's later than the first year it is part of the two release guarantees, but it does make one Wonder.

obviously there are some differences between a oneplus 5T and a oneplus 7 pro but there are also differences between an iPhone 7 + an iPhone 11.

I understand that there are development issues that will always be because of the differences but again Apple conduit OnePlus should be able to do it as well.

I also question why it is that apple can offer a 50% trade in on a new model from a phone that is 3 years old.

of course apple has a higher margin of profit and can absorb a little loss or at least less profit to get people into a new model.

I think a lot of the problem in the United States at least is that nobody knows who oneplus is. people ask me who made my phone and when I tell them they have no idea. trying to sell a OnePlus phone usually results in very few views or interest because it's not a popular brand.

also at least in my area telling people it's made in China does not help at all.

so while one plus may be a great value on paper and specs, in reality it's a phone you either keep or you don't buy to begin with because there is no resale value. And it's not because it's not a good phone it's because popularity.

P1564423710815 and Santoshtheone like this.