#Sixfactor Review by Denis Josifoski

1. Denis Josifoski
    Froyo Jun 10, 2018

Denis Josifoski , Jun 10, 2018 :
    [​IMG]

Before anyone continue to read:
    I state for that I am not OnePlus addicted in any way. I test alot of phones, but there is always my daily driver that I come back to! And since february, it is OnePlus.

Not that long ago, to be exact on 6th of february I ordered OnePlus 5T in Lava red color. Few months later OnePlus 6 is announced.
    And since I love limited edition phones I wanted to have Silk White version! I've counted days, hours, minutes. On 5th june at 10:01 Silk White OnePlus 6 was paid. Not as part of speed, but on the other hand it is! Phone was delivered in exactly 47 hours after I ordered it! Big thumb up to OnePlus and DHL! And as usual, my phone need to stand out with case! I used to buy 3rd party cases, now when Nylon bumper came with OnePlus 6... it is all I need as extra case. Although the silicon case that comes with device is good enough, if you don`t need any extra/special case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now lets move on to #sixfactor by Denis Josifoski review!

[​IMG]

Hardware wise all OnePlus 6 models have included latest Snapdragon 845 processor. Silk White version comes with 8GB of RAM , 128GB of storage and latest (now 5.1.6) Oxygen OS that can handle everything. I mean EVERYTHING!
    I tested and loaded all 25 applications that you can see on screenshot in SuperSaf style:

[​IMG]

And all of those applications were left opened where I wanted after reopening them.
    There are two more points behind #thespeedyouneed slogan:
    Dash charging - the fastest charging in my experience and camera! Not just that camera opens fast. But look at this clear picture (Perfect quality for social media - more about it later) while I had to move to catch this lady on her bicycle on slovenian cycle marathon 2 days ago!

[​IMG]

Did I mention the speed of unlocking my phone? No matter face unlock or fingerprint, its faster then we can blink with our eyes!

[​IMG]

WE ALL saw that video of Linus or UnboxTherapy where they were in OnePlus facility and their drop tests, right? Well, since the phone is made full of glass, I have no intention to try it. I can confirm scratch resistant as strength with keys. Tested and not a single scratch. Maybe because its white? I don't think so!
    If I go in details of design, I'm in love of this color combination of silk/pearl white and rose gold. I have read how many man population asked here on forums if it looks too much girls? phone. No, no, no and no. This is the most stylish phone combination made ever. Period.
    And as bonus for most stylish phone, I ordered most stylish case/bumper. Made of combination silicone + some hard materials (plastic I guess), on inside its covered with soft material to resist on any posibillity of scratches and on the outside.. it feels like some knitting material. A must have case with OnePlus 6. Just check out the photos I posted above.

[​IMG]

Imagine bodybuilder + steroids. This is OnePlus 6. Combination of hardware and software is as I mentioned before, just crazy. When you need to work with few applications at once as me for example, there is almost no phone on the market that can handle what OnePlus phones does. Maybe there is just slight upgrade over OnePlus 5T, but for me that counts. I work with 100+ people on daily basis and I have to keep on track everything: emails, office tools (excel, word), phone calls, sms messages (over 10.000 montly), internet (50-60GB on 4G + wifi at home) and more. OnePlus 5T handled that, but OnePlus 6 can handle all of that even better. Maybe by some % less with battery (Im talking here in minutes difference), but multitasking is way better. Here is the screenshot of my second charging:
    [​IMG]
    I test phones on weekly basis and no 2018 flagship could handle that much as OnePlus 6, at least not until now.
    One of the reasons also for upgrade to OnePlus 6 was camera. Now this is the part of HUGE improvement. Camera is not for professional usage in matter of printing for example. But none of phones camera isn`t. But this is what impressed me:
    [​IMG]
    This photo beside all other photos that are PERFECT for social media uploading is the special one. Picture was taken in total darkness at 9.27 PM. I played with PRO mode settings:
    ISO 1000
    Shutter Speed 4 seconds
    Handheld
    Other settings
    AUTO
    Check all of photos HERE!

Yet I must write few more words about camera.
    That slow motion at 1080p! I know there is 480fps in 720p, but really useful is 240fps in 1080p. With some small editing, you can get good quality slow motion for youtube videos in full HD

[​IMG]

Aestethics in short
    : OnePlus6 deserve Red dot award 2018 for it - at least the Silk White version. Few iphone user friends wait for another round of silk white, so they can order it!

Software design
    is simple, easy to learn (for newcommers) and everything where it have to be! I was long time user of Nova Launcher and since february I forgot it.

Camera
    ...did you tried new portrait on selfie camera?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is hard to talk for long term usability right now. Software related is BIG YES. Built materials related only time will show. From my experience and how carefull I am usually, every glass phone I had till now survived for a year or longer without scratch. Most of the time is all about protection and a little bit of luck. I always say, if you buy phone for so much money, why not to spend a little bit extra for its protection? At the end you should treat your phone just like your life, right?

[​IMG]

So my final conclusion.
    OnePlus gave #TheSpeedYouNeed slogan to OnePlus 6 with reason. Fastest, latest hardware, no force closes from software perspective and stable to handle 25+ applications without closing them in the background - thanks to hardware & software combination. And all of that with clean user experience!

I know it is not new as users from 5T also had this option, but for OnePlus newcommers and for those who comes from older OnePlus models... Hiding navigation bar is a win-win combination! At first when I tried it on OnePlus 5T I felt in love with that option. Every time when I test other phones, I totally forget that this is not OnePlus and I`m always trying to push up to go on home screen - ridiculous I know. But once you try it, you will know what I am talking about.

Another thing that impressed me (now I'm repeating myself, but this is my opinion) is camera. There are 5.135 billion mobile phone users in 2018. Lets say 80% of them are smartphone users. 52% of trafic on internet is made by smartphones. That means most of our photos and videos that we share on social media is viewed on smart devices (phones, tablets,...). And OnePlus 6 camera suits in this range as perfect!
    If I upload photo on instagram, twitter, facebook or any other social media platform, they do their job and compress pictures anyway.
    If I compare 2 pictures from OnePlus 6 and another company smartphone on any social media, you will only guess which one is from what phone. It was not same on OnePlus 5T.
    And here is that video section that I love. Slow motion? Check my video above, where I also included 2 slides of color correction, just so you can see what you can do with OnePlus 6 camera and right tools. Having 4k @ 60fps is great. You can still do some nice slow motion transits in 60fps without need to upscale from 1080p to 4k - so quality remains same!
    Next week when I go on vacation, Im gonna do full camera review in details with samples and will post review here with permission from OnePlus staff, so everyone will see what this camera is capable of.

Long conclusion, specially about camera...but hey, we all buying phone for better camera and faster performance, right? Everything else is just design and what our eyes likes.

Performance + camera + design = OnePlus 6 #TheSpeedYouNeed

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

2. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Jun 11, 2018

Ruby G. , Jun 11, 2018 :
    The slow motion video was a nice touch! Thanks for your #sixfactor review :)

Denis Josifoski likes this.
  3. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jun 11, 2018

4. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Hi there,
    Feel free to send your comment over to https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ so that the correct team members can see your concern. I'm not involved on the technical side of product in any way, so I'm not able to help. Thanks for your understanding!

5. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jun 11, 2018

nyzproof333 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    You work for the "small little start up" company One Plus yes? Maybe you could ask the person your sitting next to in your cubical to respond?

Sounds like you're deflecting. Bury those inquires huh. This is the sales "community" right?

6. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Hi nyzproof333,

It seems like you've been following us for a long time. Thanks for your support. I don't know what brought you to this stage, but I apologize for the frustration and I assure you that if you have posted in the feedback section of the forums, the correct people will have read your feedback and they will have already started working on solutions. It's more effective and respectful of everyone's time. It's been ~five years since "small little start-up" but we are still growing and learning, and need some order to keep the chaos under check. :)

7. nyzproof333
    KitKat Jun 11, 2018

nyzproof333 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    It's been longer than that. May 2014 was my original join date.

You may want to consider addressing these in a stickied post on this forum and be transparent to the people who visit this site. Getting in front of stuff like this, letting people who spend money on your products know about this, vs releasing statements to the media only is shady and disrespectful. Be accountable and stop making this forum be one big advertisment for your product. You will earn more respect that way.

Never Settle.

Ruby G. likes this.
  8. Denis Josifoski
    Froyo Jun 11, 2018

Denis Josifoski , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Thanks! We had to be original :)

buntycubal and Ruby G. like this.
  9. Denis Josifoski
    Froyo Jun 11, 2018

buntycubal likes this.
  10. Denis Josifoski
    Froyo Jul 5, 2018