Sleep standby optimization HAS NO EFFECT

1. donPepitoGrillo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Jun 6, 2020 :
    Hi,

Last days I have tried to check whether this option has some real effect on battery drain during sleep time. Well, I can confirm that, with this option enabled, my battery usually drains about 3-4% (let's say 0,5% per hour). But with that option disabled my battery drain exactly the SAME. There's no difference between one an another. I have been testing during 2 weeks and I can confirm there's no difference.

The only real difference is using airplane mode, which makes my phone to only drain between 1-2% during night. Why is OnePlus keeping this option is it has no real effect in battery?

Would you like to share your thoughts and your experience?

Regards

2. leoyinjou , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jun 6, 2020 :
    On my OP7Pro, it has pretty pronounced effects. I had ~0.5% per hour drain even with Wifi, cellular data, bluetooth and location on, with sleep standby optimisation. Without that, it usually is about ≥1% per hour screen off. Data obtained using AccuBattery, which i found to be very trustable and accurate.
    But i think this optimisation does not kick in if Android (via some API) believes you are still using the phone. It also has slightly longer buffer time before it kicks in.

3. donPepitoGrillo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 6, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Jun 6, 2020 :
    Well, I have only tested it watching the amount percent of battery that it's drain during night (I know that battery percent is an estimation). But I see no difference.

By the way, I have seen this option working even during the day, not only at night. If I'm working with my phone idle and with no motion, maybe after 1-2 hours I can see WiFi and data being activated.

I think it's an interesting option, but I see no difference. Besides, I don't get the point of kicking this option during the day, because notificatins are more important than during night.

Regards

4. DA7801
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2020

donPepitoGrillo likes this.