Slow message sending

1. DakkeVH
    Donut Nov 27, 2015

DakkeVH , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Hi everyone

overnight ive noticed a problem with my (3 days old) OP2

when i want to send a text message/SMS it can take over a minute before it sends.
    Sometimes it sends the message directly but other times it says "sending" for quite a long time.

I find this very irritating and i wanted to know if someone also noticed this problem?

Im using the default messenger app btw

Regards

precluder and Gaurav Rohilla like this.
  2. Tokolozi
    Marshmallow Nov 27, 2015

Tokolozi , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Hows your reception, might be a bad connection or a busy network causing this as well.

Gaurav Rohilla and Martino1plus like this.
  3. DakkeVH
    Donut Nov 27, 2015

DakkeVH , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Reception is very good imo... ill just wait a little bit and see if the problem is still there when i leave work etc.

btw, someone can recomend a good texting app?

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  4. DakkeVH
    Donut Nov 27, 2015

DakkeVH , Nov 27, 2015 :
    strange: text messaging is going very slowly sometimes but mobile data is as fast as normal...

Gaurav Rohilla and Tokolozi like this.
  5. Kristoffersigmund
    Gingerbread Nov 27, 2015

6. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 27, 2015

billq , Nov 27, 2015 :
    Got to be network issue . if its saying sending its just that it's trying but for whatever reason isn getting a network response

7. kdonde
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2015

kdonde , Dec 27, 2015 :
    i have noticed this as well... one word messages (ok, lol, yes, etc.) go through quickly. but longer ones say sending for ages. super long ones almost always fail. It is a little annoying frankly. I don't think it is a network problem in my case because i switched out the sim from my OP2 to OP1 and the messages were just fine. Also, this has come up after the latest update update. It was working fine before the update.

8. ronyjarod
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2015

9. billq
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2015

billq , Dec 27, 2015 :
    I had that when I was on o2 a lot network issues . it's OK now with my 3 network chip

10. MafiaTechTeam
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2015

MafiaTechTeam , Dec 27, 2015 :
    you mean simcard.....

billq likes this.
  11. precluder
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2016

precluder , Oct 6, 2016 :
    I second this. I have the same issue. Oneplus 3 takes 3-5 minutes to send an SMS. Should I write to Oneplus company or what?

12. TlathamXmahtalT
    KitKat Oct 7, 2016

13. raulpereira
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2016

raulpereira , Dec 17, 2016 :
    This problem still persists in the OP3T (OxygenOS 3.5.3).
    I was wondering if this was my carrier's problem, but since there's more people with other models and from other countries, I'm starting to think this is really an annoying bug that affects many people.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017

14. F_Natty_Zaharia_ZibM
    Eclair Jun 21, 2017

F_Natty_Zaharia_ZibM , Jun 21, 2017 :
    I have this issue with my OP3. I use ChompSMS and usually the messaging works fine, but every few hours or once a day I'll have a message that takes up to a minute to send. It seems to be unrelated to the length of the message. The other day I sent a photo to a friend, I had full service and data and he received it 4 hours after I sent it. I don't know what the issue is.

15. hireegy
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2017

hireegy , Oct 15, 2017 :
    Same here with OP5. Texts got statistically slower to send recently. Sometimes it goes through instantly, but other times, when it hangs, it can be for ages ! Additional secondary server, specific to oneplus, where they must go through, perhaps?

16. Bethmin Mindula
    Eclair Sep 20, 2018

Bethmin Mindula , Sep 20, 2018 :
    I have a similar problem...I only text with one person, and short one or two line texts go through instantly. But lengthy texts take ages to deliver, sometimes more then five minutes. Because of the issue, switched to Google's messaging app, but the issue is still there. Any advice, please? Judy got the phone two days ago.