slowdown mobile

1. G1511102205820
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2018

G1511102205820 , Feb 3, 2018 :
    Recently updated to latest version which included the new feature face unlock. after I rebooted my phone i am feeling a somewhat a slower response. help me figure it out.
    thanking you
    Bharay

2. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Feb 3, 2018

Gav_W86 , Feb 3, 2018 :
    be descriptive. what happens? when doing what?

3. itzkieran1
    Eclair Feb 3, 2018

itzkieran1 , Feb 3, 2018 :
    After installing an update it is highly recommended that you either wipe system cache or factory reset the device. This will eradicate any issue that is occurring and should make your phone feel good as new.

To wipe system cache:
    •enable developer options. Go to settings>about device>tap build number 7 times>enter your password if asked.
    •within developer options turn on advanced reboot
    • hold power button and select reboot>recovery>recovery
    •enter your password if asked to enter recovery and select English (or your language)>wipe data>wipe cache and then reboot

This should solve your issues as it has worked for me and many others.

If your still having slow downs and issues I would recommend a factory data reset. This may be inconvenient however will give you the results your looking for.

Before doing this I recommend creating a backup of your device on to your computer or to google. Or write down all the applications you wish to install again once process is complete. Google automatically backs up your apps and data so when you set your phone up again go to restore and select from Google account and sign in and it will ask what apps you would like to install that you previously had.

Factory reset:
    •either follow the same steps as above and navigate to recovery and wipe data and select system settings and music.
    Or
    •Go to settings and select Backup and reset>Factory data reset select erase internal storage and then select reset phone.