Slower than anticipated invite rollout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lepri13
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

lepri13 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Is there same rolout for Ireland as for UK? A I dont know anyone who got an invite in Ireland and all the local are of the same oppinoin.

2. YoBhaskar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2015

YoBhaskar , Aug 14, 2015 :
    No idea brother.. Everyone is hanging on its own here. Courtesy : Oneplus :p

3. reeceicles
    Donut Aug 14, 2015

reeceicles , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I'm 1703 ;)

4. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

MrIanB , Aug 14, 2015 :
    There is no transparency with this company, period. What a mess and they will lose a lot of sales with another disastrous launch just like lastbyear.

Cc on hand waiting for invite.

Ian B

5. sebdar
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

6. Kunalsaraf9
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

7. reeceicles
    Donut Aug 14, 2015

reeceicles , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I'm 1735 ;)

8. sebdar
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

sebdar , Aug 14, 2015 :
    that's what keeps us all going ;) we don't know which Tuesday muahahahaha

mkernbach likes this.
  9. arbe
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

arbe , Aug 14, 2015 :
    This however is mainly software and can be fixed from my living room.
    For hardware issues on an apple/samsung/... I go to the vendor and I know who to talk to (and put my fist on the counter), for OP I need to fly 1000s of km's to find somebody to talk to :)

10. zulfiqar4891
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

zulfiqar4891 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I haven't seen this anywhere else but OnePlus where you have to wait for the invite first and then order the phone and then wait for 2 weeks before it is in your hand. Also,I haven't seen the kind of build quality, and killer specs for half the price of other flagships but at OnePlus.

11. Kunalsaraf9
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

Kunalsaraf9 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Started from 3lakh now on 7k still no hopes

Talking abt rank

JohnnyLu likes this.
  12. cryptozephyr
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

cryptozephyr , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Its does not set a good image among users. Sorry to say this but Oneplus has been making excuses since OnePlus One launch. It was the same story on invites and the eternal wait a year back.It was still acceptable then as you were a new startup on the block.

Not anymore, when your name has been established, when Fans count on you and when competition is watching your moves closely and specially when you have gained experience and are in second iteration. For a company who is riding on its fan base for its marketing, you need to deliver more often than not else you know that little bad press overshadows the good one. However as it stands today, its more promised and less delivered.

True Fans would still stick around for some more time as what you offer is unmatchable in the market but OnePlus needs to be more careful on the timelines and issues this time.

A perfect product is impossible to build but to even reach closer to that takes time so please take it before you make announcements and excite the fans. Creating #HYPE is good but such incidents would just kill it in no time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015

13. VinnyPlus2
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

14. zulfiqar4891
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

zulfiqar4891 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Yes you are right. But the outcome is the same isn't it? Only difference is that you may have to wait for a couple of weeks more with OnePlus. But given the price you pay OnePlus for the product, I think its a fair trade off.

15. AswinVenkatesan
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

AswinVenkatesan , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Better send invite to all eligible make delay in processing and shipment.because if it happen like this then we Will waiting for the phone with some hope. But now our frustration is because of that invite actually I am waiting for this phone from March 2015. Now this situation is a real stake like when the issue will resolved and when they will start rolling invite and when I will get that invite. This even make a die hard oneplus fan to turn is head. I don't know wat to do now:(:(:(

16. ganeshmasare
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

Isegrimm48 likes this.
  17. Krenni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2015

Krenni , Aug 14, 2015 :
    " A perfect product is impossible to build and to even reach closer to that takes time so please take it before you make announcements and excite the fans. Creating #HYPE is good but such incidents would just kill it in no time. "

Fine post ;)

Sanjusharma84 and cryptozephyr like this.
  18. SyQuezt
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

SyQuezt , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Someone at the productionline for the USB-C is sweating marbles at the moment :)?

cryptozephyr likes this.
  19. lepri13
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

lepri13 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Agreed when you say launch date it means its ready to ship, or at least ETA if there is a delay.
    I guess I am like everyone on here just fustrated.

Sanjusharma84 likes this.
  20. arbe
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

arbe , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Not really as the software issues you can have also with OP. And if the phone gets lost in the package service you're f****d bigtime. If my samsung fails I demand a replacement phone if they need to sent it away for 2 weeks!