Not open for further replies.
  1. Theshawty
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

2. rohith81090
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

3. tlennox
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

tlennox , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Oppo is the main stockholder and the founder is ex Oppo Vice president.

4. Natasha Arora
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

Edwinjunieles likes this.
  5. tomascorreia
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

6. Deactivated User
    Aug 14, 2015

7. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Aug 14, 2015

MrFingerIII , Aug 14, 2015 :
    WOW OP2 DEAD :oops: Our condolences for this phone it will not see the day of light because of a system of Invites by the time a respectable forum member get's one Flagships will be packed with a Snap 830 lol

andyjg74 likes this.
  8. msurendra447
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

9. Akash722
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

10. tlennox
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

11. scrivz69
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

12. andyjg74
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

andyjg74 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I think we're all waiting for these ;)

13. Papao
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Papao , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Agreed! more on Wikipedia

"The OnePlus company was founded on 16 December 2013 by former Oppo vice president Pete Lau and Carl Pei.[3] According to the Chinese government's documentation, the only institutional stockholder in OnePlus is Oppo, although Lau has denied that OnePlus is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oppo.[4]"

tlennox likes this.
  14. andyjg74
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

15. tommysire
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

tommysire , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Better speed up those invites. New Moto X and Nexus will be out soon...

Parshift likes this.
  16. kleinbatavia
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

kleinbatavia , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Haha, this is just grand... Empty promise upon empty promise, delay after delay... Seriously, this is beyond ridiculous. I'm sure the twats at HQ get off on their so-called "hype". But in the meantime, the product will once again turn out mediocre, customer service non-existent and waiting lines long. Alas, I still hope for an invite, but might well have another phone before it gets here, looking at other Chinese dual-sim phones as we speak.

OP - NEVER DO AS YOU PROMISE!

17. k3sava
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

k3sava , Aug 14, 2015 :
    OPEN LETTER TO CARL

Hi Carl,

"Word of mouth is extremely important for OnePlus." I agree, and obviously you guys are doing your best to ensure that the OnePlus Two is an all-round hit.

However, this being said, repeated launch issues such as this bring bad publicity through "word of mouth". I remember reading a review of the OnePlus One last year which called it "the best android smartphone you can buy" followed by "if you can"... While I'd already purchased it and loved the device, a lot of friends and colleagues who wanted one were extremely disappointed.

A year later, as I watch history repeat itself, I can't help but think of the quote "great ideas require great execution" and realize that while the ideology of OnePlus (and your ideas) is fantastic, you have always been let down by your execution of the same.

I hope you realize that the invite system is a flawed attempt that looks less like a supply chain management exercise and more like a marketing hype creation tool. And you had two attempts at it! That's two times too many, my friend. If supply chain is that crucial to your company's growth, I think it doesn't hurt to try options such as "flash sales" - announce a limited number of products to be sold on a certain day and sell them. Repeat it as many times as you have stock, while gauging customer responses to predict future demand.

Bottomline: Stop, and think! You're alienating a vast majority of your fans (and customers) by herding them like sheep. Its a shame that such an exciting company falls short of reaching even modest expectations...

I'm as excited about the OnePlus Two as I was about the One, I even advance-ordered multiple cases and accessories specifically with the new device in mind - USB Type C cables, drives and such. And now? I don't have an invite, and I don't know when OR if I will get an invite! This has to stop.

Regards,
    A OnePlus Fan

18. tommysire
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

19. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Aug 14, 2015

MrFingerIII , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Fk working like that man why does anyone have to waste so much time on something we still have to buy wtf is going on with the way people think

We are the consumer not the other way around they need us not the other way around why are people defending this so much it is plain to see many loyals are getting bent over with no vasoline lmao

tommysire likes this.
  20. RieXan
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

RieXan , Aug 14, 2015 :
    He will never read that. Wasted time...

M3Z1824 likes this.