Not open for further replies.
  1. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Aug 15, 2015

2. arundas5959
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 15, 2015

3. arundas5959
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 16, 2015

arundas5959 , Aug 16, 2015 :
    They don't have the capacity. Still the picture is not clear to you? To minimize the risk of inventory pile up they have created a secure fan base. 3.6 millions of them. Now they are rolling out invites at their leisure. 20 per day I have heard. Count your chances. They could not imagine the response will be so huge. Now they can't handle the situation. So they are keeping silent whenever anyone asks about the invites per day. It is negligible compared to demand. One thing they made sure, whatever they manufacture those will be sold. No inventory pile up. They are always wary of unsold OP2. That scares them. Naturally, those are costly investment. A brand which spends less than 300 usd for advertising , just imagine their condition if they have 1000 unsold OP2 on their hands.. It will be a nightmare for them. They survive on thinnest of margins when selling phones. They are no Samsung with infinite financial clout. Now other brands are following their suit. Lowest price highest quality trend. This is making them all more insecure. Their situation is very difficult as Carl has said. To sell quality products at minimum price by a start-up is not easy. They will not increase the the frequency of invites unless they are 200% sure. Of course they have not compromised on quality in spite of such a huge demand. But their capacity is highly inadequate and so marketing got terrible. Can you blame them?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015

4. neilsonx
    Froyo Aug 16, 2015

neilsonx , Aug 16, 2015 :
    total forum members are around 689,727. I can't believe OnePlus can't even produce that many OPT for its forum members. #Rediculous

arundas5959 likes this.
  5. Silchouette
    Donut Aug 16, 2015

darkunderlord likes this.
  6. Gall1200
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2015

7. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Aug 16, 2015

Kapitan Nemo , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Sure, waiting is fun.

8. p-chin
    Froyo Aug 16, 2015

p-chin , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Thanks for updated this is the facts people need to know thanks again. Just hope things are all good when rolled out in Canada

9. Dnat
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2015

Dnat , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Feels bad to wait because I am really in a need of anew phone. But if the waiting means a much better phone than I am okay with it

10. Sprock3t Rocket
    Froyo Aug 16, 2015

Sprock3t Rocket , Aug 16, 2015 :
    OnePlus want their customer base to market their company through social media, media buzz and word of mouth. Digital marketing is a key part of their business model, and given their approach I'd bet that they have accommodated such "thin margins" (A reference to the media description not my own) is offset by establishing a global brand; building a strong and loyal customer base (As evidenced by Google analytics, social media, pop up events in major cities strategically placed not just for customer base but also to influence a different, more powerful audience) and maintaining visibility. It also covers over the weakness of their position, given such a poor supply chain compared with the top 5 manufacturers. They are punching way above their weight, and damned successfully.
    You will be rewarded for being a fervent and most avid supporter. Hence simply posting on these forums is not the only key to getting an invite - though you may get that through popularity with other posters who want to give you an invite after they have received their handset. It is not the only route. No, you'll get an invite by showing commitment and ownership to the brand via doing OnePlus's marketing for them, a little bit at a time, spread out over the whole community and among all the people you have influence on. It will save their company millions :) and get you the right to pay them for a handset, accessories and to feel like you belong to something. Something that will begin to evaporate long before the moment that the community turn their faces to the next big release

11. Gall1200
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2015

Gall1200 , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Its been 4 days, not 4 months..
    Just wait for another month or 2, nothing will happen

zs77706 and Kapitan Nemo like this.
  12. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Aug 16, 2015

I'm not waiting. I just moved on.

13. Gall1200
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2015

Well thats up to you!
    Which phone did you buy?

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  14. Sheraz86
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2015

15. CrimsonPyro
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2015

16. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Aug 16, 2015

I will buy the Meizu MX5.

Gall1200 likes this.
  17. Gall1200
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2015

Ohhh I heard it is a nice phone
    Enjoy :)

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  18. omar7711
    Froyo Aug 16, 2015

omar7711 , Aug 16, 2015 :
    Me waiting much, me want OPT, me want OPT !!!!!!

I think its alright, I mean the delay is supposed to be 2 weeks or so. Reasonable really considering some other brands would roll out some already broken units and deny everything.

I'll be waiting patiently for my OPT, but I really hope that once those 2 weeks are done the invites roll out fairly quick because I dont want to wait an extra two weeks no matter where I am on the list.

19. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Aug 16, 2015

I'm also considering a LeTV One. I need to to read a few reviews to make my mind and next week I'll buy it.

20. Gall1200
    Honeycomb Aug 16, 2015

What about Moto X Style next month?
    Should be a great phone!