Slower than anticipated invite rollout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebdar
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

sebdar , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I wonder how long you have to wait for delivery even though you will get the invite.

2. aditya0205
    Froyo Aug 17, 2015

aditya0205 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    show proof

3. Kashii
    Eclair Aug 17, 2015

Kashii , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I'm a patience person so ... I will wait *^^*

It is a matter of time to get an invitation from the company, a friend or someone here in the forum :)

4. petecmsmith
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

petecmsmith , Aug 17, 2015 :
    The list only comes into play when invites that have been issued are not claimed (that is my understanding) so it will be a slow process until invites are flooding out and not being taken up.

5. azeemarshad
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

6. Maheshbabu
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2015

Maheshbabu , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I am close to 13 lacs in invite... and I see I am being pushed behind in regular intervals. Is there an authentic reason for the same?

7. sagepoil
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

sagepoil , Aug 17, 2015 :
    O.K., regarding your point 2:

-I'm sad you don't love my David vs Goliath analogy :)

-Between the supposed release of the OPO and the official release of the OPO, Oneplus lost so many fans. It's not hard to remember, any old forum members remembers the insults of quitting guys toward OPO. If you don't agree with this, it means you are new to this forum.
    And OPO still succeeded.

-"The OPO had no direct competition"... oh yeah? Sorry my friend... but Huawei Honor 6, oppo, Xiaomi Mi4, Meizu MX4, Lenovo vibe Z2, ZTE Nubia Z7 and SO ON. They all had a screen between 5 and 6 inches, between 2-3 Go ram and some even already had the double sim AND SD card slot.
    Well, next time you think you are bashing a 14 year old kid, you'll take a look on the net beforehand.

-"Dude” anyone who has bought the OnePlus One has all the right in the world to criticize this company/product or at least as much right as you (blindly following them)." => I entirely agree with you. But I was quoting mad_4u, and in his post, he never mentioned buying the Oneplus one. I bought the one. I don't love to wait either, but the waiting made it even more exciting when I had that rare piece of tech. That's why I "kikoo-lol-kool-Aid" Oneplus. I bought the One. So I think I had the right to answer since I know what I'm talking about.

-"when it fails be ready to hear the criticism."... oooh yeah? Sure they weren't able to solve all the problems. But I know theu did listen to us for many things:
    => They dropped Cyanogen because when Oneplus asked them to do an urgent patch, they had to wait centuries to see that patch/update done. Now with Oxygen the fixing will go faster
    => The yellow screen. Damn yellow screen. Wait... wich yellow screen? Oh yeah problem solved...
    => The dual sim, we asked for it, we got it
    => Reboot problem, solved
    => Even tough The One wasn't supposed to be waterproof, it resisted water pretty well.

Now wait. I'm not pretending the Two is perfect. There are already a lot of bugs mentionned by buyers who already got their hands on the Two. But I want to trust Oneplus because in the end, they made a great product out of the One, and they will with the Two too. They are young, they are trying to take a spot where Ogres are already living (see, I remembered you don't like Goliath so I'm trying Ogres this time to please you) and they managed to make a name for themselves.

And remember this, even bad advertising/publicity is advertising.

Live long and prosper.

mohit021, zs77706 and petecmsmith like this.
  8. tony1208
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2015

Mrreed98 likes this.
  9. newellj79
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2015

newellj79 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Carl is my uncle on my mom's side of the family.

10. rameshbabub
    Donut Aug 17, 2015

rameshbabub , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Have you bought ONE PLUS TWO?

11. aditya0205
    Froyo Aug 17, 2015

aditya0205 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    others are getting their friends to sign up for the reservation list through their link

12. Papao
    KitKat Aug 17, 2015

Papao , Aug 17, 2015 :
    What are you try to say, in one sentence, please?

13. srvan1
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

srvan1 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Only if Oneplus could get a buck each time a member complains, defends, or asks about Oneplus as a phone and a company, this freaking Oneplus would be rich. :)

rhiney likes this.
  14. jmcpolin
    Froyo Aug 17, 2015

jmcpolin , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I am still unsure about the invite system - I sent my invite out to a whole bunch of friends, family etc. and they all signed up to help me get my phone... weeks later when the ask and I tell them I am still wating they laugh... still unconvinced how this is good advertising for One Plus

Dr.Deshpande likes this.
  15. rurushakya
    Eclair Aug 17, 2015

rurushakya , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Why don't they just open a shop? They would probably sale more since its such a great phone..

sarvesh77 likes this.
  16. pashaphoto
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

pashaphoto , Aug 17, 2015 :
    i don't know if anyone is actually watching the forums, instead of being stuck in this thread, but it seems that the invites are slowly starting to trickle out...

Peter Pan likes this.
  17. kleinbatavia
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2015

kleinbatavia , Aug 17, 2015 :
    No, people who have had an op and have been on here are just waiting... Seems to me like OP is screwing their existing customers and targeting new fools, hoping the existing ones will stomach yet another delay... We're used to that after the original invite hassle and issues with the opo...

Jex7 and livepix like this.
  18. livepix
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2015

19. rocketpostman
    Donut Aug 17, 2015

rocketpostman , Aug 17, 2015 :
    The reason they don't just open a shop is because of ... us! Paying rent and staff costs money. Same with advertising, OnePlus don't do much of that. So we can pay less for a great phone.
    This waiting is hard work though!

rurushakya likes this.
  20. CasperTFG
    KitKat Aug 17, 2015

CasperTFG , Aug 17, 2015 :
    No. Sticking with my OnePlus One. I just want my walnut styleswap cover. Right, @Cat H ?