Slower than anticipated invite rollout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manu09090
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2015

manu09090 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    @Carl you said early members would be priorizised. You give away many invites to people who came to the pop up events and a lot of by the contest and OP2 too. Have all of them get the invites or will they geht them also with a delay? If they already got them..its unfair :) many couldnt come to the events who are here since you openend the forum.
    I hope you Start rolling out soon :rolleyes:

2. yahoss
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

yahoss , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Why launch if you ain't ready? and now all these excuses. you had a long time to make it right and now after all the hype you put us back in the waiting seat. hmm

3. pranayysharma

pranayysharma , Aug 13, 2015 :
    People will speculate under all circumstances; because they can.
    As someone who was going to be in the initial list for roll-outs, ive been expecting it really soon. What this post does is to make waiting for it okay.

4. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 13, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Aug 13, 2015 :
    A fine example of a high profile marketing flop. If you over HYPE thats the risk you take I guess.

rishiemails, zs77706 and arundas5959 like this.
  5. hsathish
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2015

6. singh87
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

singh87 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Thanks for the information, at least there won't be any new threads regarding invites for few days. But hope that issues get fixed soon.

7. nomadism
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

nomadism , Aug 13, 2015 :
    "We released beta hardware and the reviews are calling it crap so we'll delay the product even more."

...um, no, it's summary of what happened last year.

jimberkas likes this.
  8. pogiboi
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

pogiboi , Aug 13, 2015 :
    @Carl, I think it's amazing what you and your company has done. I talked with you at length at the NYC pop up event and I appreciate the fact that you took the time to talk with us all. It's obvious you are passionate about this space. But I will say, this statement about logistics does worry me. Coming from someone that has said that they see a world with 3 major phone makers, Apple, Samsung, and OnePlus, isn't logistics and the ability to deliver when promised something that you should have nailed down? The question posed to you was simply about anticipated ship dates and current delays. Being the 2nd phone you guys are launching and the amount of promises you and your company have made, these types of things are something to be expected from a Kickstarter. Apple and Samsung are experts in consumer electronics, marketing, and logistics. Your products and viral marketing approach are not going to get you anywhere near the top three if you keep disappointing everyone because you can't deliver on logistics. Apple and Samsung are extremely precise on logistics.

arundas5959 and iamcjwilliams like this.
  9. darrenhmather
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

darrenhmather , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Disappointing, but sadly not a great surprise. I'd rather get a fully functional device, I suppose.

Isegrimm48 likes this.
  10. sidgate
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

sidgate , Aug 13, 2015 :
    @Carl u need to start first to slow down.. - A desperate OPO fan

mrpotatohead007 likes this.
  11. mrpotatohead007
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

mrpotatohead007 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    what this post does is make me worry that the first batch of phones could have many issues (like the OPO)

12. mikibuza
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

mikibuza , Aug 13, 2015 :
    No, but some kind of a discount, or one extra accessorie for free, would be nice, to have, for the delay.

13. mikibuza
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

mikibuza , Aug 13, 2015 :
    No, but some kind of a discount, or one extra accessorie for free, would be nice, to have, for the delay. At least to not to loose customers to other other companies.

Danielnator likes this.
  14. Kaizoku

Kaizoku , Aug 13, 2015 :
    This is not good. We don't know when we can get invites now. might be next month. Not good at all.

15. Antoine Vdb
    KitKat Aug 13, 2015

darrenhmather and Isegrimm48 like this.
  16. youngbuilder
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

youngbuilder , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Pricing has gone up, invite system is ****** up, flagshipkiller already has troubles, launch failed and they have 3 mill unsatisfied customers. Oh Carl do you even sleep at night?

17. buddhika
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

buddhika , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I made my mind not purchase I made my mind not purchase the OPT soon. I dnt want to be a beta tester. I will w8 for few months and let see. the OPT soon. I dnt want to be a beta tester. I will

18. pranayysharma

pranayysharma , Aug 13, 2015 :
    At least we know that the second or the third will be problem free

mrpotatohead007 likes this.
  19. iDreams7
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

iDreams7 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    yeah... and reservation list "gas balloon" number!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

20. hulvej
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2015